+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
 
  1. #1
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Step Plan and Salary Compression

    I've seen a lot of good moves and like the direction of the agency with things such as RTIC but the overwhelmingly known problem and issue that must be tackled before this agency can move forward and be competitive is to complete and salary compression and implement a step plan. It's great to raise the starting pay, EXCEPT, you isolate and disgruntle the employees with up to 15 years who field train new deputies making as much as them. Until you fix that your deputies will remain disgruntled and your retention rate will suffer because there's nothing keeping people in Lee County anymore.

  2. #2
    Unregistered
    Guest
    It’s because of the absurd amount of money we spend on unbelievable things. 10k marble inlay for the RTIC, I’ve lost count of the outreach centers outside of our jurisdiction, shitty laminate flooring throughout a building that is 50 years old and a mold infested shitt hole, in a non hurricane proof building. CCPD’d headquarters puts us to shame. Frivolous spending after frivolous spending, but not where it counts. Charlotte and Collier departments have resume arrest procedures but not Lee, all to save money, we can’t even be cops and make arrests and it has 100 percent cost people their lives. Pathetic. Don’t even get me started on compression salaries as you mentioned, You can’t keep raising the starting salary without moving everyone else up. Even our base pay for rank in this department is absolutely disgusting compared to our neighboring agencies and I’m referring to the ones in county like FMPD, CCPD, Collier etc. I’m not even using the East Coast that have comparable counties. Pay up or forget getting the backbone of the department behind you, not the ones who have to kiss the ring.

  3. #3
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I've seen a lot of good moves and like the direction of the agency with things such as RTIC but the overwhelmingly known problem and issue that must be tackled before this agency can move forward and be competitive is to complete and salary compression and implement a step plan. It's great to raise the starting pay, EXCEPT, you isolate and disgruntle the employees with up to 15 years who field train new deputies making as much as them. Until you fix that your deputies will remain disgruntled and your retention rate will suffer because there's nothing keeping people in Lee County anymore.
    Not like this is the suggestion box forum but also we need detail pay to go towards retirement. That would also be a great incentive.

  4. #4
    Unregistered
    Guest

    Salary

    Can Anyone inform me on the current pay scale? Might be looking to make the move to Florida and was looking at different agencies/sheriff departments??

  5. #5
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Also would like to see the pay plan. Looking at you guys and Fort Myers PD

  6. #6
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Also would like to see the pay plan. Looking at you guys and Fort Myers PD
    If you are a cop that likes to do actual police work look somewhere else. You only make money here when you have no experience as an LE and you kiss the sheriff’s ass but more importantly Holloway’s ass. He gives raises to people randomly and thinks he knows what he is doing.

  7. #7
    Unregistered
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you are a cop that likes to do actual police work look somewhere else. You only make money here when you have no experience as an LE and you kiss the sheriff’s ass but more importantly Holloway’s ass. He gives raises to people randomly and thinks he knows what he is doing.
    I'm sure that's not true as it's highly unethical and illegal although we've received several reports of this
    Retire Major Mckinney

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •