COVID leave time

Unregistered

COVID leave time

Why are we not covered with regards to being out for COVID? We have to burn our own time. I thought the feds gave businesses and agencies money to cover losses of workers being out? Why do we have to burn our own time. Literally everyone I know, some in the medical field, many essential workers, are all covered. Full pay with no loss of accruals. What gives?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why are we not covered with regards to being out for COVID? We have to burn our own time. I thought the feds gave businesses and agencies money to cover losses of workers being out? Why do we have to burn our own time. Literally everyone I know, some in the medical field, many essential workers, are all covered. Full pay with no loss of accruals. What gives?

My wife works for a large private sector employer (over 500 employees) and if they test positive, they have to use vacation time first.

Unregistered
    Because that is what sick, or other leave, is designed for.

Unregistered
    The federal covid leave allowance expired December 31, 2020. It hasn't been renewed.

Unregistered
    Good to know. Thanks. I was curious why I have to burn up my time.

Unregistered
    TPD covers their officers and doesn't make them burn any time. Pathetic.

Unregistered
    TPD covers their officers and doesn't make them burn any time. Pathetic.
    TPD has a Union.

Unregistered
    President Harris will send us all a block of cheese and a bag of weed. It will be fine