Places to live?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Places to live?

Unregistered

Places to live?

Looking to apply for TPD, what are the best places to live? Safe with good schools towards the Pinellas County area is what I’m looking for. Was looking towards the Tarpon Springs / Dunedin areas but wasn’t sure about traffic, local knowledge is always best.

Unregistered
    Traffic is a mess everywhere. Focus on the quality of live for your family. Pasco, Manatee are both good counties. Pinellas is hit or miss. With current take home car policy you can take your assigned car home to these counties. I would avoid living in Hillsborough County and the City of Tampa.

Unregistered
    Pasco.... Wesley Chapel... lowest taxes best schools hands down. Pinellas schools are terrible.... taxes insane and traffic off the charts.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Pasco.... Wesley Chapel... lowest taxes best schools hands down. Pinellas schools are terrible.... taxes insane and traffic off the charts.
    Best schools??? That’s funny. Highest rated school in Wesley chapel is a 6. NW Hillsborough has best schools mcKendrick/hammond/Martinez/Steinbrenner. But you’ll pay hillsborough taxes.

Unregistered
    Appreciate all the info, think I’m narrowing down a good couple areas I think would fit well. I’m trying to decide between TPD and PCSO. I’m prior foreign LEO, I enjoy proactive work. What’s the call volume like in Tampa? Do you get time, evening and nights to go out and find work? Any plain clothes or crime units available? Thanks everyone.

Unregistered
    Go to TPD, it's all about the pension nothing else. Get the term "proactive police work" out of your vocabulary. Just come to work take your calls and focuse on your days off and ultimately your retirement. No one wants aggressive police officer anymore.

Unregistered
    Go to TPD, it's all about the pension nothing else. Get the term "proactive police work" out of your vocabulary. Just come to work take your calls and focuse on your days off and ultimately your retirement. No one wants an aggressive police officer anymore.

Unregistered
    Appreciate all the info, think I’m narrowing down a good couple areas I think would fit well. I’m trying to decide between TPD and PCSO. I’m prior foreign LEO, I enjoy proactive work. What’s the call volume like in Tampa? Do you get time, evening and nights to go out and find work? Any plain clothes or crime units available? Thanks everyone.
    TPD pay and pension is light years ahead of PCSO. It’s also a much larger agency with more specialized units. A lot more calls for service. Have a few buddies with PCSO it’s a good place not very busy call volume wise but TPD is better in most every category. Except $hit ton of calls but depending what area you work there is a little time to be proactive if you chose. ( don’t know why you would in this environment)

Unregistered
    TPD pay and pension is light years ahead of PCSO. It’s also a much larger agency with more specialized units. A lot more calls for service. Have a few buddies with PCSO it’s a good place not very busy call volume wise but TPD is better in most every category. Except $hit ton of calls but depending what area you work there is a little time to be proactive if you chose. ( don’t know why you would in this environment)
    I came from an agency that had extremely high call volume , lots of stuff we shouldn’t of been dealing with which sucked, on top of a liberal mayor. That’s the main thing putting me off but the pay and pension is definitely a plus. We had the same environment as well, that’s not as much as an issue to me, nothing beats the job. Appreciate your insight.

Unregistered
    Just a thought, cops from other agency's come to TPD, no one leaves TPD to go elsewhere unless they have retired and go to the airport or somewhere else to kick back.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast