Ruskin - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruskin

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I won’t dispute a lot of what you said bud but you sure have a nasty way of answering someone trying to gather information. I would like to think you are a hard working deputy that I probably use to know but you sure have a rude case of the ass.
    Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but this site is called LEO Affairs. Meaning, a forum for cops to discuss internal matters. This is not the cops being used as real estate agents forum. You want sugar coating, talk to a realtor, our brass, or anyone that works here that is just clawing and clawing for a promotion. You will get all the sweet pretty answers. You want reality? You get it here. I am hard working. We all are. All cops. Especially at this agency. They make sure to keep us at full operating capacity with no reserves. Especially emotionally. Have you ever been given specific decompression time after a death or murder call? Or were you just shoved to the next call? No reserves for even ourselves or families. Being that I am one of the many disposable expendable pawns made to handle issue that are either allowed to happen or dumped on us in leu of real governmental solutions, I tell it like it is. You don’t like it, don’t access this site. Ruskin, Wimauma, and Gibsonton are SHIIIT HOLES.

Gangs and their associated crimes... wimauma and Ruskin.

Methheads and crack heads white trailer trash.... Gibsonton.

Progress village... ghetto trash.

Riverview, all the above.

The south side sucks. Don't move there. The traffic is just as bad, if not worse, than any major city due to a terrible infrastructure (including us) that has not kept up. Build build build! With major city crime but none of the entertainment. I may be jaded because I have babysat these people in D4 for a long time. But In the end, you asked cops on an anon forum. You want pretty cute answers? Go to a real estate website or Twitter or whatever. I do not play along with what social media warriors think they want.

You know, being that this agency has bad us the “catch all” and has completely lost sight of what a sheriff deputy's job is, I’m surprised they don’t dispatch us to call just to make us give real estate advice. Signal 537 Real Estate Advice Call.

Shhhhhhhh don’t give them any ideas.

Unregistered
    While I agree with most of what was said, I have trouble with how it was said. There are some great people working in District 4, as well as in other districts. Do yourself a favor, if you get assigned to a squad with such a disgruntled deputy as your zone partner, figure out a way to get away from them. Seek out some enthused deputies that provide a positive influence. Just as the last poster commented about areas of a less quality standard of living, there are deputies that are lacking the fortitude to continue in this career. I certainly hope you don’t get stuck with one as your FTO, zone partner, or supervisor.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    well, sorry to burst your bubble, but this site is called leo affairs. Meaning, a forum for cops to discuss internal matters. This is not the cops being used as real estate agents forum. You want sugar coating, talk to a realtor, our brass, or anyone that works here that is just clawing and clawing for a promotion. You will get all the sweet pretty answers. You want reality? You get it here. I am hard working. We all are. All cops. Especially at this agency. They make sure to keep us at full operating capacity with no reserves. Especially emotionally. Have you ever been given specific decompression time after a death or murder call? Or were you just shoved to the next call? No reserves for even ourselves or families. Being that i am one of the many disposable expendable pawns made to handle issue that are either allowed to happen or dumped on us in leu of real governmental solutions, i tell it like it is. You don’t like it, don’t access this site. Ruskin, wimauma, and gibsonton are shiiit holes.

Gangs and their associated crimes... Wimauma and ruskin.

Methheads and crack heads white trailer trash.... Gibsonton.

Progress village... Ghetto trash.

Riverview, all the above.

The south side sucks. Don't move there. The traffic is just as bad, if not worse, than any major city due to a terrible infrastructure (including us) that has not kept up. Build build build! With major city crime but none of the entertainment. I may be jaded because i have babysat these people in d4 for a long time. But in the end, you asked cops on an anon forum. You want pretty cute answers? Go to a real estate website or twitter or whatever. I do not play along with what social media warriors think they want.

You know, being that this agency has bad us the “catch all” and has completely lost sight of what a sheriff deputy's job is, i’m surprised they don’t dispatch us to call just to make us give real estate advice. Signal 537 real estate advice call.

Shhhhhhhh don’t give them any ideas.

shhhhhhuuuuut up ya whiner!

Unregistered
    While I agree with most of what was said, I have trouble with how it was said. There are some great people working in District 4, as well as in other districts. Do yourself a favor, if you get assigned to a squad with such a disgruntled deputy as your zone partner, figure out a way to get away from them. Seek out some enthused deputies that provide a positive influence. Just as the last poster commented about areas of a less quality standard of living, there are deputies that are lacking the fortitude to continue in this career. I certainly hope you don’t get stuck with one as your FTO, zone partner, or supervisor.
    There are no positive zone partners. The positivity you see is an act. And you know it. They act positive for the same reason I’m negative. Because patrol is run and deployed in such a way to make it SUCK. They act positive in hopes to be noticed, kiss asss, and get that transfer off patrol because it sucks. Just another tactic. In the end. This job sucks. Stop seeing things from such a superficial level. You are still in the rookie in the acting phase or a fast tracker. Same difference. Give it a few years, you will wake up.

Denial and acceptance seeking is the only way they get people to stay working here.

How many of these “positive” deputies have you seen quit? I seen many disappear to other careers. So much for all that great positivity huh? Exactly. ACT positive and try to transfer off patrol, if that don't work then quit or stay and drop the act. I stayed and dropped the act.

People like you perceive dropping the act as negative. Well that’s your twisted perception and that’s your problem if you can’t handle people being real. If all you can handle are fake people, then YOU go find some “positive” zone partners. I stay away from fake approval seekers just trying to get off patrol.

That’s employment and Human Resources 101 you expendable disposable pawn. Don't take that as an insult. I’m one too. I just don’t put on an act.

You will understand when you get self worth or grow up.

Unregistered
    It’s the sickest thing. Any job that sucks, it’s accepted and a known thing. Even the owners and employers of know jobs know this and work with it. Works know that it sucks and all talk about it and how they are using the job to get by while in school or to catch up on bills or build a resume and then quit for a better job. Or if they are stuck, they are all in it together in agreement.

This job is the only job where it is taboo to call it whats it is. A terrible mentally destructive job.
    It’s proven in the suicide, divorce, and substance abuse stats. It’s also proven by fast tracking. If this job were that great, why are friends and family of brass not slow tracked and left on patrol if it were that great? Why rush them into a safer position.

You morons in denial are fools and set a bad precedence. You encourage no change. You feed our leaders false info just so you can make your self individually. Like you are some booker proof robot that is unaffected by the terrible things we have to deal with. Like some kind of self imposed Stockholm syndrome. It’s terrible to be around you people especially when you turn it around on us for not being like that.

It’s insanity. You people need to find an identity outside of being cops. Look for approval from yourselves or family. Not this agency. You are at zero value to the agency. If we had some value, they would at least make this job bearable. Your adrenaline spikes that you are addicted to and crave and think are cool are going to be what ultimately kill you. Not a gun. Not an assailant. Your own lack of identity and having to prove yourselves to “higher ranking” people that do not care about you.

It’s sick and a worse phenomenon than any crime we respond to.

Unregistered
    A bunch of you on here are in desperate need of some therapy. Some of you are miserable and just downright hateful. I hope you get the help you need because you are going to die an an early death.

Unregistered
    A bunch of you on here are in desperate need of some therapy. Some of you are miserable and just downright hateful. I hope you get the help you need because you are going to die an an early death.

This.

If you don't feel comfortable getting help at work, just get the mental help you need somewhere. Learn new coping skills or take classes to enable you to get a new career.

It's a job. No job is worth it if you hate it.

Unregistered
    This.

If you don't feel comfortable getting help at work, just get the mental help you need somewhere. Learn new coping skills or take classes to enable you to get a new career.

It's a job. No job is worth it if you hate it.

Make getting healthy a resolution and seek mental health therapy. There is no reason to feel so hopeless.

Unregistered
    Therapy is of no help. Any good occupational psychologist will recognize burnout and tell you to leave the stimulus.

It’s like going to therapy because someone is going to stab you. Wrong. Get away from the guy with the knife.

The real answer is not possible here. The real answer is to make this job sustainable. This agency functions off of knee jerk decisions and is so wasteful, it would rather dump millions on new rookies and training and do nothing to keep people from leaving. No plugging the leak. Just a revolving door of deputies.

The only answer is to quit.

Believe it or not, the biggest stressors are the constant arguments. Not the death. Dead people can’t hurt you. It’s these demanding people that demand this and demand that and you have to pick the lesser of all evils based on minimal evidence. No matter what you do, you will puss someone off in order to make someone happy. And that’s best case. Most of the time all people are pissed. You would think these fukks would do something to start cutting down on calls where we have to constantly argue. Those are mostly non leo calls. Or is inflating the call numbers more of a priority.

Nobody cares about making this job one that anyone of us can do to full retirement. It CANT be done. We are human beings. Not robots.

The reason why this paradigm exists is because YOU allow it and you turn on your coworkers that have noticed the paradigm and speak up. All for what? A pay check? Rank? Status? With your stupid “living the dream”. No you are not! Liars! You are just as miserable. You just don’t have the balls to say it. You are also the reason people hate us. Because you enable our leaders to not fix this paradigm and we burned out. And nobody treats citizens worse than burned out cops.

How is that for being negative. Assshole

Unregistered
    Therapy is of no help. Any good occupational psychologist will recognize burnout and tell you to leave the stimulus.

It’s like going to therapy because someone is going to stab you. Wrong. Get away from the guy with the knife.

The real answer is not possible here. The real answer is to make this job sustainable. This agency functions off of knee jerk decisions and is so wasteful, it would rather dump millions on new rookies and training and do nothing to keep people from leaving. No plugging the leak. Just a revolving door of deputies.

The only answer is to quit.

Believe it or not, the biggest stressors are the constant arguments. Not the death. Dead people can’t hurt you. It’s these demanding people that demand this and demand that and you have to pick the lesser of all evils based on minimal evidence. No matter what you do, you will puss someone off in order to make someone happy. And that’s best case. Most of the time all people are pissed. You would think these fukks would do something to start cutting down on calls where we have to constantly argue. Those are mostly non leo calls. Or is inflating the call numbers more of a priority.

Nobody cares about making this job one that anyone of us can do to full retirement. It CANT be done. We are human beings. Not robots.

The reason why this paradigm exists is because YOU allow it and you turn on your coworkers that have noticed the paradigm and speak up. All for what? A pay check? Rank? Status? With your stupid “living the dream”. No you are not! Liars! You are just as miserable. You just don’t have the balls to say it. You are also the reason people hate us. Because you enable our leaders to not fix this paradigm and we burned out. And nobody treats citizens worse than burned out cops.

How is that for being negative. Assshole

Hey, eloquent writer, I am also an intelligent being. I recently retired after 30 years in patrol, as a mere Sgt - not brass. I'm not a mental mess, think I was decently respected, loved those I worked with, as well as my career.

It CAN be done.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast