Troop D schedule - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not to be as mean as this guy. But he does has a point, if you are on this site and you haven't even met your first FTO, you will be disgruntled frpm.day one. We will end up firing you, and then you will come back making FHP LEO Affairs, the only purpose in your life. Good luck with your career!!! I found this site, 13 years into career, and it has made me disgruntled at times. Just an advise
    Don't mind the typos, this I-phone sucks at times. There you go, I just came out of this site, and I feel like quitting, lol.

Unregistered
    Go to Brevard. It’s a good district with a nice variety of calls. It’s far more low key than Orange and you can still live in Orange.

Unregistered
    Ask your recruiter and GO AWAY. You already sound like a SLUG. Just what we need. Go and apply and take the job anywhere. STATE TROOPER! Jesus Christ! Havent meet you and I already hate you! Welcome to the patrol! This is what we hire nowadays. Grown ass men acting like little girls.
    So this is what it looks like to have a tiny wiener.

Dude had legit questions. If you’re such a grown ass man throw up your name up instead of being anonymous

Unregistered
    So this is what it looks like to have a tiny wiener.

Dude had legit questions. If you’re such a grown ass man throw up your name up instead of being anonymous
    Looks who’s talking.. post YOUR name. Be about it, don’t talk about it.

I’m scared so I won’t post my name.. 🥸

Unregistered
    I figured after the lateral academy, if I applied for Troop D, I would automatically get sent to Orange County due to it being the busiest and having to earn your stripes to get to either Brevard, Seminole or Lake. But if there is a chance to going to one of the later counties, I would gladly accept.

So no matter how many years on your have, after say a few years, one could acquire day shift and stay on said shift and not have no rotate? I was under the impression you have to rotate to all 3 shifts throughout the year, regardless of seniority.

And correct me if I’m wrong all counties in Troop D work 8’s and rotate weekends off, not just Orange?

When you apply for a your 3 spots on your “wish list” do you select 3 different troops or 3 different counties? I was not aware you could select Troop K Orlando being a new guy, I was under the impression the Turnpike was more of a senior position.

I have family in the Orlando Area, this the reason for the Troop D questions. I would prefer Troop K Orlando or one of the surrounding counties (Seminole, Lake) if that was an option but I doubt I would be able to obtain one of those counties. If I were to put on a list say 1. Seminole. 2. Lake. 3. Orange, what in your professional opinion would be the chance I got Seminole or Lake? Again have no problem cutting my teeth in Orange for a while if I have to and earn it. If I were went to Orange, what could one except the time line to be to make it to Seminole or Lake county? A couple years after some vacancies open?

Thanks
    Wish list:
    1. Seminole
    2. Volusia
    3. Brevard

If needed, they will place you in Orange. Volusia was critically short, but I'm not sure where they're at today.

All of D works 5 eights.

Over a year or two you could probably get day shift.

Troop K Orlando, will probably be very difficult to land.

As for transferring to Seminole or other counties within D, after your first year, put your transfer in and see what happens.

The only thing consistent about Orange, is change in personnel.

Good luck.

Unregistered
    Not sure anyone cares, but we had ONE trooper out on midnight shift last week in Orange County. Freaking one trooper.

Only three were scheduled, and two called out 303. Can someone save this place?

Unregistered

Wake TF UP

Not sure anyone cares, but we had ONE trooper out on midnight shift last week in Orange County. Freaking one trooper.

Only three were scheduled, and two called out 303. Can someone save this place?

I know GHQ reads this trash, so can someone with a spine fix Troop D?

Colossal failure. MIA Major, biggest a$$hole Captain on the planet in District 2.

And we circle the bowl. Apparently i need to contact the governors office.

Seems like everyone has checked out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12