Tampa - AKA - New Bakara Market
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Tampa - AKA - New Bakara Market

Wow, who would have guessed? Another shooting in broad day light resulting in a crash injuring innocents. Can we not go one day without a shooting Mayor Jane? And let’s not forget the salvo of automatic rifle fire that had to be sent toward a career criminal that tried to kill cops Christmas Eve. It’s not even safe to pass through this city much less live in it. Gotta love when your mayor and other elected officials choose to back the wrong side. It’s only gonna get worse until the likes of the pantsuit and OG are history. I don’t blame the pandering narcissists, it’s the voters that put them here and the reason they continue to catch bullets and cars to the face when they are out and about.

Unregistered
    Then the chiefs email telling us to prepare for changes in policing to meet society needs. Unreal I don’t think this agency can handle anymore stupidity.

Unregistered
    Don’t worry the new community engagement squad will fix everything. I can’t even take a day off because we’re so short officers on the street but we create a bs squad like that. I’m so over all of it and everyone from upstairs is clueless on what’s going on.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don’t worry the new community engagement squad will fix everything. I can’t even take a day off because we’re so short officers on the street but we create a bs squad like that. I’m so over all of it and everyone from upstairs is clueless on what’s going on.
    What is the “Community Engagement Squad?” Are all the SRO spots full or something?

Unregistered
    It is a new squad where they can justify to themselves placing special minoroty officers there i stead of the street where they under perform. I am wondering if we will have a community engagement squad for Hyde Park, Bayshore and South Tampa? Just another waste of manpower and less tome off for patrol

Unregistered
    Actually they dissolved a plain clothes squad to create it, tasked then with attending all the meetings and events patrol had to cover and put more biddable slots on the patrol squads cause they got rid of the cp and sp do nothing slots. If they will go the the nhw meetings so I don’t have to I’m all for it.

Unregistered
    Actually they dissolved a plain clothes squad to create it, tasked then with attending all the meetings and events patrol had to cover and put more biddable slots on the patrol squads cause they got rid of the cp and sp do nothing slots. If they will go the the nhw meetings so I don’t have to I’m all for it.
    Isn’t that what we have these useless people sitting in the crime free spots are for? Also don’t we have a violent crime problem? Why would we get rid of plain cloths for a squad like that. On top of that why do they need a Sgt and Cpl for a squad like that. This has Castor and Bennet name all over this.

Unregistered
    I wonder if they had to dance as part of their interview for the squad.

Unregistered
    Now we are paying officers overtime to come in and answer calls because we are so short in patrol because of COVID. How about this as an idea.

1. Have all the SROs that are literally doing nothing (sitting in the break room all day) and have them work patrol since their schools are closed. If they are taking vacation, no problem. Simply put they are not, they are sitting in the breakroom after a 90 minute breakfast and then a 90 minute lunch.

2. Have the crime free officers, the day care operators (rich house...which are closed) go our and handle calls and be assigned to back fill.

3. Take the officers out of SIMU (remember there are no parades and no other major events and two guys are doing the Superbowl).... the rest can answer calls.

4. Take the guys from ICAC and RTCC and put their butts answering calls.

5. Take all day shift SAC Squads and back fill patrol.... period! If not at least have them cover the desk or do their own damn transports.

6. STop the 90 program immediately and put them back into patrol!

7. Task the motor squad with handling all traffic crashes. Break them up into three equal teams and assign them to the district shift commander for detailing.

8. Have a duty Detective on duty to take calls and reports at the front desk.

9. Hire and fill the damn CSO positions so we stop bleeding patrol to fill them.

10. Hire weekend CSOs or have reserves come in and do it. Give them double hours if they cover the desk and write reports. Sadly though most have no clue how to take a report (you know the basic function of a police officer.)

11. Take one officer or two from Training and personnel put them on the street to back fill.

Do I need to keep going???????????????????

After that...... the Sergeants can answer calls, then the Lieutenants and then the Captains and if they are still holding what they call "priority calls" raise the major and send him/her a call.

Unregistered
    Now we are paying officers overtime to come in and answer calls because we are so short in patrol because of COVID. How about this as an idea.

1. Have all the SROs that are literally doing nothing (sitting in the break room all day) and have them work patrol since their schools are closed. If they are taking vacation, no problem. Simply put they are not, they are sitting in the breakroom after a 90 minute breakfast and then a 90 minute lunch.

2. Have the crime free officers, the day care operators (rich house...which are closed) go our and handle calls and be assigned to back fill.

3. Take the officers out of SIMU (remember there are no parades and no other major events and two guys are doing the Superbowl).... the rest can answer calls.

4. Take the guys from ICAC and RTCC and put their butts answering calls.

5. Take all day shift SAC Squads and back fill patrol.... period! If not at least have them cover the desk or do their own damn transports.

6. STop the 90 program immediately and put them back into patrol!

7. Task the motor squad with handling all traffic crashes. Break them up into three equal teams and assign them to the district shift commander for detailing.

8. Have a duty Detective on duty to take calls and reports at the front desk.

9. Hire and fill the damn CSO positions so we stop bleeding patrol to fill them.

10. Hire weekend CSOs or have reserves come in and do it. Give them double hours if they cover the desk and write reports. Sadly though most have no clue how to take a report (you know the basic function of a police officer.)

11. Take one officer or two from Training and personnel put them on the street to back fill.

Do I need to keep going???????????????????

After that...... the Sergeants can answer calls, then the Lieutenants and then the Captains and if they are still holding what they call "priority calls" raise the major and send him/her a call.
    Those are some really good ideas and some really poor ones. Not your fault, since you probably have never worked in some of those units and have no idea how much crap they have to deal with and do, but about 1/2 your list is spot on. As much as SRO and “crime free” squads could cover some zones do I really want 90 percent of them as my backup or ZP? And don’t get me started on the RICH houses. That’s a whole other thread in and of itself. The sad thing is, you have a better chance of seeing Pantsuit Jane in a skirt than seeing one thing on that list happen. You left out the body worn camera detectives squad too. Because supervisors being forced to hunt/watch 10 per month per camera -without any allegation or complaint - along with LTs and anyone else with access isn’t enough apparently. And why do BWC’s stop at CPL? Regardless of rank, if you’re wearing a gun you need to have a BWC. Period. So a SGT and up that gets into a resist, shooting or pursuit will not trigger “outrage” from the poor community we have been marginalizing and keeping down for 400 years? Give me a break.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast