Off Duty Opportunity's - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You sound like you have a good outlook on life. I retired after thirty years and loved my career. Sure, I had a few ups and downs along the way, but that’s expected. My suggestions to you: study hard, don’t cut corners, do it the right way even when nobody is looking. Don’t get caught up in office gossip with disgruntled people; it will tear you down. I could go on and one with advice but I am sure my response will solicit enough criticism as it is. Good luck!

Couldn't agree more! Did my 30 years, stayed out of the gossip garbage, and loved it!

No, I was not brass, retired as a Sgt.

Unregistered
    Great information. Thanks for taking the time to share. I totally hear you. I'm not looking for a ton of OT and off duty, but a little extra if the opportunity arises.

I'm only asking because if selected , my income would be a little less than what I am currently making , so it would be great to be able to earn a little more from time to time. I'm definitely not banking on it forever. I'm really trying to get in to LE because I feel it's a great field. Even with the current environment. Thanks again.
    You make more money now where you are at?

You want to come here because it’s a “great career”?

Are you kidding?

It’s a terrible career. However, an agency and its leaders can make or break this job. A good agency builds so much morale, respect, and comradary that it offsets the rotten distructive negativity of this job. And this agency is not one of them.

Unless you want to be treated like a kindergartner that is managed through negative feed back and negative reinforcement ONLY, then come work here. If you have even a shred of self respect, don't.

This agency is almost 2 centuries old and they still have not figured out the basics. Like how to keep its employees from quitting.

This agency will chew up and spit out your mental health like it’s nothing.

I’m sure you are of some value at your current job. You will be of no value here. Compounded with being in constant danger and can be made the fall guy for just about anything to protect the agency or our local and state government.

Dont fall for all the BS you see on TV show. This ain’t Blue Bloods. Far from it. It’s the total exact opposite. At least it is here at the big bad HCSO.

Unregistered
    You make more money now where you are at?

You want to come here because it’s a “great career”?

Are you kidding?

It’s a terrible career. However, an agency and its leaders can make or break this job. A good agency builds so much morale, respect, and comradary that it offsets the rotten distructive negativity of this job. And this agency is not one of them.

Unless you want to be treated like a kindergartner that is managed through negative feed back and negative reinforcement ONLY, then come work here. If you have even a shred of self respect, don't.

This agency is almost 2 centuries old and they still have not figured out the basics. Like how to keep its employees from quitting.

This agency will chew up and spit out your mental health like it’s nothing.

I’m sure you are of some value at your current job. You will be of no value here. Compounded with being in constant danger and can be made the fall guy for just about anything to protect the agency or our local and state government.

Dont fall for all the BS you see on TV show. This ain’t Blue Bloods. Far from it. It’s the total exact opposite. At least it is here at the big bad HCSO.
    Yes sir. Like I said in my previous posts. It's an individual perspective. Money is definitely not the single driver for me. I really do believe that it's a great career with lots of opportunity . I'm sorry my friend, dont think I'm going to try to make my case to you.
    I can surely tell you have your opinion and I respect it 100%

I also appreciate your advice and perspective. If I go on this site and solicit feedback or thoughts from others, I have to understand that not everyone thinks the same . But honestly I respect your position and anyone else's.

As crazy it sounds..
    I'm convinced this is something I want to do, so until I experience something different, Then I'm moving forward. Hopefully your experience changes and things work out a bit more to your liking.

Best of luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12