Holiday Wishes and Reflection

Unregistered

Holiday Wishes and Reflection

I realize my opinion doesn't matter because you don't know who I am. This isn't for you. This is for the many people that need you and need compassion.

We are fortunate to have good jobs in an agency that appreciates us. As LEO more is expected from you than the civilian side because you get more for your 8 hours than most. That is your incentive do do more.

When you come to work with your problems you don't know what others are feeling or experiencing. Holidays are stressful and place extra demands on us and our time. Take a moment to consider others. Help when you can. Your kindness may seem trivial but will reap rewards and respect. It doesn't cost any extra to be kind and respectful.

As LEO we are asked to serve. There is no higher honor. No greater cause. While 2020 has been a @$%# show, that wasn't our doing. We can't control the uncontrollable or predict what will be flushed down the tube and in to our lives next year, but we can control how we act. Be professional, kind, respectful and compassionate. Only then will you have a wonderful 2021.

Unregistered
    just couldn’t help yourself could you pal way to give the troops a condescending and conditional holiday blessing

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    just couldn’t help yourself could you pal way to give the troops a condescending and conditional holiday blessing
    I wish nothing but the best for you. While I can't help you, you can help yourself. EAP may be a viable option for you. Take the step toward a more peaceful life.

Unregistered
    I realize my opinion doesn't matter because you don't know who I am. This isn't for you. This is for the many people that need you and need compassion.

We are fortunate to have good jobs in an agency that appreciates us. As LEO more is expected from you than the civilian side because you get more for your 8 hours than most. That is your incentive do do more.

When you come to work with your problems you don't know what others are feeling or experiencing. Holidays are stressful and place extra demands on us and our time. Take a moment to consider others. Help when you can. Your kindness may seem trivial but will reap rewards and respect. It doesn't cost any extra to be kind and respectful.

As LEO we are asked to serve. There is no higher honor. No greater cause. While 2020 has been a @$%# show, that wasn't our doing. We can't control the uncontrollable or predict what will be flushed down the tube and in to our lives next year, but we can control how we act. Be professional, kind, respectful and compassionate. Only then will you have a wonderful 2021.
    That's touching and I agree with a lot you say here, but best keep it to yourself. At this point most people are burnt toast and don't want to hear that sh**. Sparkplug and the current administration surrounding him are beyond saving and have already alienated the majority here. They're not coming back from the damage to morale they inflicted.

My advice would be to let people enjoy the holidays without their pearls of wisdom. Then after the 1st of the year they can continue their conquest to save us from ourselves and destroy morale.

Unregistered
    That's touching and I agree with a lot you say here, but best keep it to yourself. At this point most people are burnt toast and don't want to hear that sh**. Sparkplug and the current administration surrounding him are beyond saving and have already alienated the majority here. They're not coming back from the damage to morale they inflicted.

My advice would be to let people enjoy the holidays without their pearls of wisdom. Then after the 1st of the year they can continue their conquest to save us from ourselves and destroy morale.
    I used to use a sharpie to record the regime changes inside my desk drawer. Ran out of room. Some I miss and others I don't but I know everyone has served a purpose here. One day someone will look at the list and wonder who were these people?

Unregistered
    I used to use a sharpie to record the regime changes inside my desk drawer. Ran out of room. Some I miss and others I don't but I know everyone has served a purpose here. One day someone will look at the list and wonder who were these people?
    This is the worst it’s ever been. We really don’t even know who is in charge. It’s seems the rank structure is sterling to Jerome to the captains bypassing everyone else but who knows.

Unregistered
    This is the worst it’s ever been. We really don’t even know who is in charge. It’s seems the rank structure is sterling to Jerome to the captains bypassing everyone else but who knows.
    Worst ever? No way. Not even close. Try driving a marked beverage cruiser. Try wearing class A uniforms and having to Refer to the Chief as LT Colonel! That whole regime was a take off of the Wizard of Oz, complete with flying monkeys!!!

Are things different? Sure. Worst ever? You must be new here.

One more thing. Don't worry about the chain of command. The only one you need to know is the one signing your DAS.

Unregistered
    One more thing. Don't worry about the chain of command. The only one you need to know is the one signing your DAS.
    sounds about white

Unregistered
    sounds about white
    Your autocorrect is off.

"sounds about right"

Fixed it for you.

Unregistered
    I wish nothing but the best for you. While I can't help you, you can help yourself. EAP may be a viable option for you. Take the step toward a more peaceful life.
    Or as Oprah says, live your best life. Ipad, schedule, Qlik, QAR, masks, change, more change, modification, speed up, slow down, Covid 2020 doesn't matter. Going home stress free does matter.