Questions about shifts

Unregistered

Questions about shifts

Good Evening,

I see that FHP now says you compile a list of top 3 counties you want to work and you find out your assignment before going to the academy if you are hired.

Do you have to live in the county that you are based in or can it be an adjoining county? I live in Hillsborough and ideally would like Hillsborough but if I got Pasco or Pinellas etc. I was curious if you could live in a neighboring county.

Was also curious how shifts work. Length of each shift and the rotation.

Appreciate you taking the time to respond. Be safe!

Unregistered
    You must live within 40 air miles of your city of assignment. Shifts vary by district and troop, but I believe Troop C works 12 hour shifts. Some areas work 8 hour shifts. Depends on your specific assignment.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You must live within 40 air miles of your city of assignment. Shifts vary by district and troop, but I believe Troop C works 12 hour shifts. Some areas work 8 hour shifts. Depends on your specific assignment.
    Perfect. I think where I live now is within 40 miles of the cities listed in troop C on the site. Appreciate you taking the time to respond!

Unregistered
    Back out now while you still can

Unregistered
    Would you recommend FHP coming from NYPD ?
    Not really looking to answer calls for service such as domestics for example.

Having a take home car, riding around giving tickets and answering vehicle accidents doesn't sound to bad.

Unregistered
    Hard to say specifically what flies your flag, but anything is better than NYPD. Try it