New Line Up - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Line Up

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Politics is really code for “I dont like the decision” or “I was not promoted so all the promotions suck” and its all “politics.” Life is politics so if you have not figured that out by now then you are a moron and thats why you post on this board all the time and complain about “politics.”
    Unfortunately politics takes money out of my pocket and the pockets of other good people and puts it into the pockets of those who are politically connected via promotions. Higher rank, higher pay. Otherwise I and many other people who refuse to play the political games but do the basic grunt work for the agency for years could care less about promotions. That's why it's really all about the money.

Unregistered
    From a retired member: It doesn’t matter what rank you obtain, because honestly and statistically most will not obtain rank, despite their worthiness, there is life after you retire. Do your job and stay under the radar. When your time comes to go, just go. Don’t worry about the office politics and the double or triple dippers. Take care of yourself and your family. Make as much money as you can to build your pension whether it is on the pension side or investment side, get a good financial advisor and then leave. I know it is easy for me to say because I am already gone but your time will come sooner than you think. Live within your means and make good investments and you shouldn’t have to work after retirement if you don’t want to. Who really cares what the 1% of the Sheriff’s Office are making per year? Do DS, GS, PH really have a life they enjoy? Maybe. Maybe this is what they want to do until they are too old to do anything else. I know that it is not what I wanted to do until I die and that’s why I pulled the plug. Stop worrying about other people and worry about yourself and taking care of your family. You will have a lot less stress and realize there is life after the Sheriff’s Office. That is all. Blast away if you must.

Unregistered
    A lot of wisdom in that post.

Unregistered
    From a retired member: It doesn’t matter what rank you obtain, because honestly and statistically most will not obtain rank, despite their worthiness, there is life after you retire. Do your job and stay under the radar. When your time comes to go, just go. Don’t worry about the office politics and the double or triple dippers. Take care of yourself and your family. Make as much money as you can to build your pension whether it is on the pension side or investment side, get a good financial advisor and then leave. I know it is easy for me to say because I am already gone but your time will come sooner than you think. Live within your means and make good investments and you shouldn’t have to work after retirement if you don’t want to. Who really cares what the 1% of the Sheriff’s Office are making per year? Do DS, GS, PH really have a life they enjoy? Maybe. Maybe this is what they want to do until they are too old to do anything else. I know that it is not what I wanted to do until I die and that’s why I pulled the plug. Stop worrying about other people and worry about yourself and taking care of your family. You will have a lot less stress and realize there is life after the Sheriff’s Office. That is all. Blast away if you must.
    This is good advice but the problem is these losers who constantly b!tch and complain on here are miserable. They are not happy unless they are complaining and talking about someone else because their own lives suck. These are the same people at work who OTHERS b!tch about because they dodge calls and are professional back ups but these people are legends in their own minds. They think they should be promoted over others even though they are lazy, egotistical pricks. They think they are the God’s gift to the SO if only they saw the truth when the looked in the mirror and saw themselves as the rest of us do. Disgruntled losers.

Unregistered
    A lot of wisdom in that post.
    Thank you for your positive support on my post. I miss the job, I miss the people I worked with and those that worked for me but I don’t miss all the BS that went along with it. Once you are gone, you will realize that the SO will still go on without you and only those people that you have had a positive impact on will remember you. I wish you all well and hope that you all get to the point in your life that I am at. I am grateful for what the SO has provided for me and my family and I didn’t rise above a line supervisor. Take care of yourself, your co-workers and most importantly, your family. God bless you all for what you do every day and please be safe. I always knew that I would know when it was time to go and when that time got here, I went. This job takes a toll on your physical and mental well-being when working on the front lines. You will know when it is time, just as I did. Put you and your family first. I’m out, and enjoying retirement. It will be here sooner than you think. Hang in there.

Unregistered
    Stop calling people names and being insensitive. You can be fired 😬
    and you can bet your azz that you will be! Why not just do ur job and STFU?

Unregistered
    The sooner you realize the job is nothing more than a paycheck and pension the better. Get your time in and get out as soon as you can.

Unregistered
    and you can bet your azz that you will be! Why not just do ur job and STFU?
    I’m offended by your remarks.

Unregistered
    All that money is useless if you die or get some horrible debilitating disease a short time after you retire. Leave while you can still enjoy whatever is left of your life and don't waste it away in this place to get that last dollar.

Unregistered
    All that money is useless if you die or get some horrible debilitating disease a short time after you retire. Leave while you can still enjoy whatever is left of your life and don't waste it away in this place to get that last dollar.
    We said from a bottom feeder! Keep grazing the ocean floor, swallow a hook and get out of the sea. The bigger fish will enjoy the open waters without you and your negative pollution of our deep blue and beautiful sea.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast