Is anyone being told not to use handcuffs during arrest - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wait till some offender does something horrible after a PO fails to cuff him. Then they will fire the PO and his/her sup and then write a new policy. Then publicly blame the PO and throw them under the bus and state how outraged and sickened they were from a dereliction of duty.
    That's exactly how it will go down. Blame the victim to cover up for the mistakes of the policy makers.

Unregistered
    That's what happened before. PO, SUP, D/CA and CA all fired. The Sup even deleted case notes. The only one the obtained their job back was the Officer. Who wants to go through that! Central Office states they have officer's that just cant defend them self if something happens. (Then why the heck are they here). We pass them through DT's every year.

Unregistered Alien
    Funny how someone mentioned the Xbox killings and obviously the Department and supervisors have not learned from it. People got thrown under the bus for not filing the VOP within 48 hours of the arrest and by not conducting a warrantless arrest when the offender came into the office after the VOP had been submitted but before the warrant was issued.

16 years later to "fix" that issue, policies just give more time to file a VOP and don't require WA for ANYTHING. We let everyone walk for anything less than committing a murder in the lobby. Wouldn't surprise me if we let them get away with that too since Miami already proved you can murder someone in the parking lot and "Officers" will do nothing. Of course we can't blame them since policies and supervisors do everything they can to prevent people from carrying in the office.

Hold up everybody. Stop the chaos for a second so I can get my gun from the safe, or even worse out of the damn car, and find the handcuffs we never use. Oh and let me ask for permission to use the cuffs because supervisors demand it even though that's NOT a policy and they've scared officers into thinking that you need to ask a supervisor and you'll have to fill out a use of force and incident report.

The Department of Corrections running P&P is a joke. The supervisors are a joke. Policies are a joke and the "policies" the supervisors and administrators make up out of their asses are a joke.

Great retirement job if you don't want to do anything, don't have any desire to make your community safer, and still want to collect high risk until the legislature catches wind and takes it away in a budget cut. 10/10 stars.

Unregistered
    Well said... This stems from Officer's that are now in leadership that never went to an FDLE Academy. They are still here, they come from a social work background and are useless. I've seen some with over 35 years of service. Come on! How many really cant get through DT's, as weak as DT's are. There is a Supervisor in Pinellas that does kicks from a chair.

Unregistered
    If P and P have the power of arrest, they need to be the ones cuffing and transporting the offender to jail. Uniformed officers have enough to deal with not counting doing the job for P and P. You catch them, you clean them.

Unregistered
    The transporting of offenders can only be done by. Law Enforcement and Prison personal. They have been trained to complete this task. I bet over 90 percent of the P&P people don't know what a black box is and they have no idea how to use it

Unregistered
    Arrest? We do not arrest cases in the office. We make them wait. We have the real LEO come in and arrest them.

Unregistered
    That's the problem. So what do you do if they decide to just leave. Its a Felony Warrant. We are sworn, Its an offender under our supervision.. You cant just let them go. I'm not saying chase them all over. We are required by law to do something. Most of the problems come out of Circuit 6. Local Deputies should be outraged.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12