Flair - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flair

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Here's what is ironic about this situation. Do you remember when THI was "reorganized" and downsized by Brierton? That whole fiasco started when GHQ saw there was a Cpl. who worked one S7 all year....and had almost no other activity for the year. As a result, a major inspection into the program was initiated and it revealed that all over the state, THI was being used to "hide" as the ratio of investigations divided by the number of personnel was abysmal. Now, of course, in some areas THI was slammed but overall GHQ decided that there didn't need to be as many THI Corporals as there were currently allotted and so the program was gutted......fast forward about 8 years and now FLAIR is that same hiding spot, a situation that the last Administration found so objectionable that it gutted the whole program, a program should be FHP's crown jewel. FHP should be the undisputed expert agency at investigating Traffic Homicides in the State of Florida. We'll never match, nor should we try to match, Miami-Dade SRT's tactical skills or FDLE's cyber/computer crime expertise but FHP should be without question the go-to agency for THI anywhere in the State.
    Sir, you are correct!
    FHP is a traffic agency, nothing else, according to you. However, as a law enforcement agency, FHP SHOULD be able to be just as tactical, just and computer forensic inclined as any other agency.
    Too bad, FHP has prior military, educated, and technically smart Troopers who can do it...
    It starts from the very top, and unfortunately, they don't have a vision for you.

Be safe...

Unregistered
    You guys sure love to gossip about each other huh

Unregistered
    In Ft Myers. The two lonely Flair Corporals know how every brand of coffee taste. They also stay in shape by walking up and down the hallways 20 times a day. When the brass comes around, they run to their little office and throw all kinds of papers on the floor, acting like they are working a case. Those two probably have the best kept secret of the patrol. Good luck ever seen them even coming out outside of their 8a to 4p schedule. Waste of taxpayers money for sure.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    In Ft Myers. The two lonely Flair Corporals know how every brand of coffee taste. They also stay in shape by walking up and down the hallways 20 times a day. When the brass comes around, they run to their little office and throw all kinds of papers on the floor, acting like they are working a case. Those two probably have the best kept secret of the patrol. Good luck ever seen them even coming out outside of their 8a to 4p schedule. Waste of taxpayers money for sure.
    Everything is on point. The only thing I dont agree with is the staying in shape part. JB is starting to look like an albino Panda. That guy is getting huge. Might be those 3 lunches a day starting at 10am.

Unregistered
    What if Flair was put back into the district. Let them keep the 2k and the Flair title. If a flair case happens suspend all other cases and focus on that case.

At any given time I am holding 8-12 cases with 2-3 criminal cases. I have to place on my class 2 cases on the back burner when I get a class 1. Why can't the elite (Flair) do the same thing? How is it that I can work 18-20 cases a year including an average of 5 criminal cases a year but a Flair Cpl can't manage more than 2-3 cases.

And let's talk about there cases. What is so special about a case with 5 people S7. I mean it's a tragedy I get it but no one is likely to be charged. It's not anymore tragic then 1 S7 or 2 or 3 or you get my point. How is it high profile? The Commercial Vehicle flair cases are not special either. Flair rarely ever makes charges while district Corporals with weeks of THI experience are putting people away for vehicular manslaughter. I would argue that I work 5-6 cases a year that are more "High Profile" than most Flair cases.

If you want to be a good investigator and actually investigate then the District is where you want to be. I have been asked why I don't apply for flair on several occasions. My answer is that I have worked 40+ cases and been on scene for 100's of others in the last 2 years. Flair has been on the scene of maybe 3 or 4 in that same time. Eventually (if not already), I will be the more experienced investigator.

The absolute only reason to do Flair is to be Lazy! Please don't come at me with the BS of bUt tHe reViEw pRoCeSS is BrUtaL. Ok so a report with no charges goes through the review process a few times. Meanwhile, the Flair Cpl gazes off into space all day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12