Road
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Road

Unregistered

Road

I’m looking to make a move soon (already read the apply to Tampa threads) I’m looking at the County for now. If you don’t mind I was curious on a few questions.

How’s the volume? Is there a ton pending and a lot of carryover?

How’s the Camaraderie with the guys working in their sector/area not sure what you call it. Here it’s Zones. We are always short lately of Officers and I can’t blame the guys. NY has become a joke. But we all got each other’s back. Don’t get me wrong we have “that guy” we all shut up around but for the most part we have each other and will jump in to help with a DWI or an arrest to get everyone back on the road. Generally we all get along and grab beers or invite each other over for barbecues etc.

Read a few things with not being able to assist other Agencies that ask for help, is that really true? What’s the consequences if you do? I couldn’t imagine hearing a fellow brother or sister asking for help and ignoring it. Regardless if I liked them or not.

Thanks

Unregistered
    Read more posts. The answers are within.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Read more posts. The answers are within.
    I’ve read a lot about the BS calls, not backing Tampa when they asked for help on the riots, but I didn’t see an abundance of “that happened” yet I felt the posters passion and didn’t dismiss it. I’m in the back end of my career, I’m coming with a pension, at this point I just want to know do the men and woman on the road have each others back? I’ve been around long enough to know a Department will throw you under the bus in a minute. But do we have each other there? That’s what I need to know.

Unregistered
    Nothing????

Unregistered
    Nothing????

Yes, of course we back each other. Most of my closest friends are cops because I've been here forever, and live in an area of town where many cops live. That being said, being a cop isn't my identity. I go out of my way to make friends with all people, period. It's just the way I am.

As you said, there's always, "that guy" no matter where you go.
    I am prior military and worked at two other agencies before HCSO. None of the agencies I worked for, all in this area, seemed to vary wildly.

Unregistered
    Yes, of course we back each other. Most of my closest friends are cops because I've been here forever, and live in an area of town where many cops live. That being said, being a cop isn't my identity. I go out of my way to make friends with all people, period. It's just the way I am.

As you said, there's always, "that guy" no matter where you go.
    I am prior military and worked at two other agencies before HCSO. None of the agencies I worked for, all in this area, seemed to vary wildly.
    Funny I say that all the time “ not my identity” well said and thank you for your service. I appreciate the reply.

Unregistered
    Funny I say that all the time “ not my identity” well said and thank you for your service. I appreciate the reply.

Sounds like you would be a great asset, come down and apply. Oh yeah, high today was a sunny 75F!

Unregistered
    I’m looking to make a move soon (already read the apply to Tampa threads) I’m looking at the County for now. If you don’t mind I was curious on a few questions.

How’s the volume? Is there a ton pending and a lot of carryover?

How’s the Camaraderie with the guys working in their sector/area not sure what you call it. Here it’s Zones. We are always short lately of Officers and I can’t blame the guys. NY has become a joke. But we all got each other’s back. Don’t get me wrong we have “that guy” we all shut up around but for the most part we have each other and will jump in to help with a DWI or an arrest to get everyone back on the road. Generally we all get along and grab beers or invite each other over for barbecues etc.

Read a few things with not being able to assist other Agencies that ask for help, is that really true? What’s the consequences if you do? I couldn’t imagine hearing a fellow brother or sister asking for help and ignoring it. Regardless if I liked them or not.

Thanks
    I could bore with quotes of what my past zone partner friends had said prior to quitting this agency, but I’m not. I’m talking about all the zone partners that had initially retired from major city police departments after full term careers, only to come work here thinking they would just coast to a second supplemental retirement. Some just wanted something to do after they retired. Some believed they would just chase cows all night. I’ll save you the two to three years of wasted time working here. Just go directly to the VA Police, Airport Police, or School security, where you can do exactly what your job title is. You will be glad you did and you would have eventually done the same thing anyway. Trust me on that. Here, we still have no idea what a deputy should or should not be doing, so they just default to doing absolutely everything and squeezing every drop out of you. You have already put in your hard time and protected your old city. Last thing you need in your life is this agency and to be treated like less than a rookie for decades slammed on BS calls that I can guarantee your old agency refused to deal with. Forcing your city to come up with actual solutions. Oh, your prior experience will mean nothing here and you will not quickly climb the ranks or transfer to some easy gig because of whatever it is you did at your old agency. In fact prior experience can hinder you because of your “bad habits”, AKA, they don’t want you questioning why we waste our time on the politically driven BS we do. They especially do not want you telling the rookies how you did things at your old agency that was safer or more efficient. They want to keep the blindfolds on these guys. Easy gigs and coasting are for the select special few. The rest of us get burnout. Heck, our own experience here, that we may cultivate for decades, mean nothing here. I guarantee you will be more overloaded, stressed, and in awe of all the extra crap we do, and time we waste than at your old agency. The disconnect between us, the courts, our brass, even each other is insane. There is no comradery here. Only competition. We barely see each other. If we do try to have a one minute conversation with a zone partner, another BS waste of time call gets dispatched non stop or supervisors tell us to get moving. Comradery and morale are not a factor here. Now, if you are connected and know high status people here who will have a plan to fast track you, then your career here will be sweat!

If you want to get a taste of how things are done here, take a road trip from your old city to this county. As you drive through states, counties, cities, towns, municipalities, take note of the patrol vehicles and what is written on them. Simply... POLICE, SHERIFF, TROOPER, and so on... No names. Then look at our rolling billboard secretarial report typing vehicles. All you need to know about this agencies priorities. Good luck.

Unregistered
    Now that is some horse shitz from a very sad pathetic employee that is too insecure to go find a job that kisses his azz and pays him much more than he deserves. Are things perfect for everyone, no, especially not fro cry babies. There are a lot of employees and everyone thinks their egotistical azz deserves transfers and promotions. Yes, they are hard to achieve, even harder once you get a case of the azz. I am so tired of cry babies simpering on this site. Especially those that are too much of a wussy to go find another job and get over it! They act more like Girl Scouts but have less integrity.

Unregistered
    I could bore with quotes of what my past zone partner friends had said prior to quitting this agency, but I’m not. I’m talking about all the zone partners that had initially retired from major city police departments after full term careers, only to come work here thinking they would just coast to a second supplemental retirement. Some just wanted something to do after they retired. Some believed they would just chase cows all night. I’ll save you the two to three years of wasted time working here. Just go directly to the VA Police, Airport Police, or School security, where you can do exactly what your job title is. You will be glad you did and you would have eventually done the same thing anyway. Trust me on that. Here, we still have no idea what a deputy should or should not be doing, so they just default to doing absolutely everything and squeezing every drop out of you. You have already put in your hard time and protected your old city. Last thing you need in your life is this agency and to be treated like less than a rookie for decades slammed on BS calls that I can guarantee your old agency refused to deal with. Forcing your city to come up with actual solutions. Oh, your prior experience will mean nothing here and you will not quickly climb the ranks or transfer to some easy gig because of whatever it is you did at your old agency. In fact prior experience can hinder you because of your “bad habits”, AKA, they don’t want you questioning why we waste our time on the politically driven BS we do. They especially do not want you telling the rookies how you did things at your old agency that was safer or more efficient. They want to keep the blindfolds on these guys. Easy gigs and coasting are for the select special few. The rest of us get burnout. Heck, our own experience here, that we may cultivate for decades, mean nothing here. I guarantee you will be more overloaded, stressed, and in awe of all the extra crap we do, and time we waste than at your old agency. The disconnect between us, the courts, our brass, even each other is insane. There is no comradery here. Only competition. We barely see each other. If we do try to have a one minute conversation with a zone partner, another BS waste of time call gets dispatched non stop or supervisors tell us to get moving. Comradery and morale are not a factor here. Now, if you are connected and know high status people here who will have a plan to fast track you, then your career here will be sweat!

If you want to get a taste of how things are done here, take a road trip from your old city to this county. As you drive through states, counties, cities, towns, municipalities, take note of the patrol vehicles and what is written on them. Simply... POLICE, SHERIFF, TROOPER, and so on... No names. Then look at our rolling billboard secretarial report typing vehicles. All you need to know about this agencies priorities. Good luck.

I'm tired of hearing the biitching about putting the Sheriff's name on equipment. It's branding, he was just the first to do it and, quite frankly, I hope ALL Sheriffs do the same.

The average person in this County has no idea who their County Commissioner/City Council person is, much less the Sheriff. This easily gets the Sheriff's name in front of the average person. If they have an issue, they know just who to contact.

You know what's worse? The do nothing School Board dbags of this County who NAME SCHOOLS after themselves!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast