Ishak Riaz
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ishak Riaz

Unregistered

Ishak Riaz

By Rafael Gomez
    September 23,2020

Miami-Dade Police Officer Ishak Riaz gets away with DUI and Hit-and-Run.
    On December 12, 2015, at 2:30 a.m. Miami-Dade Police Officer Riaz (Badge # 7661) smashed his county issued unmarked police vehicle (#27120) into a parked car. The traffic crash occurred in Kendall on 137ave sw 24st in front of Rey’s Pizza (PD151212464442). Riaz, who showed signs of impairment, then proceeded to leave the of scene of the crash. As Riaz approached the intersection of 162ave sw 42st, Officer Riaz crashed again; smashing his car into the guardrail. Police records indicate that “the county vehicle sustained severe front-end damage.” Riaz then left the scene of the second crash; leaving behind the front bumper of his county issued vehicle (PD151212464623). Officer Ishak Riaz eventually made it home; 5 hours would pass before Miami-Dade Police Department made contact with him. At 7:38 a.m. Miami-Dade Police Department, Traffic Homicide Unit Detective Christopher Cuccaro (Badge # 3363), obtained a sworn statement from Riaz where he admitted to being involved in the two hit and run crashes. Riaz then admitted to being at a party where he consumed one drink, prior to operating his county police vehicle. Further investigation revealed Riaz was coming from the Hispanic Police Officers Association (HPOA) Christmas party.
    Coincidently, the parked car Riaz crashed into was occupied by Miami-Dade Police Officer Jose Freire; he recognized Riaz and made note that he showed signs of impairment. Freire noting Riaz “muttered” his words and had “glossy” eyes. Freire advised Riaz that he was calling the police; Riaz stated "I ****ed up, go ahead and call." As Freire was calling the police, Riaz fled the scene. Riaz’s driving appears to have been erratic; after the crash he repositioned his vehicle several times creating an issue for on-coming traffic. Video surveillance footage of the first crash, shows Riaz fleeing the scene approximately 2 minutes after the accident; Officer Freire chasing behind him, first on foot, then in his vehicle.
    In the second crash that occurred on 162ave sw 42st, Detective Cuccaro of Traffic Homicide Unit indicated that based on the investigation it is his opinion that "Officer Riaz lost control of the Dodge (Intrepid) and struck the guardrail with the front of the Dodge and then left the scene without contacting police personnel. The yaw marks were not consistent with Officer Riaz's statement that he took evasive action to avoid an oncoming vehicle." In this crash, Riaz left the bumper of his county issued vehicle in the middle of the road.
    At no point during the investigation did Detective Cuccaro conduct a field sobriety test or a DUI related test on Officer Riaz.
    In compliance with MDPD policy, the Traffic Homicide Unit investigates all county police vehicle collisions.
    On Saturday, December 12, 2015, at 10:15 a.m., Officer Ishak Riaz was Relieved of Duty with pay, but Riaz was allowed to continue working for Miami-Dade Police Department “during normal departmental office hours” at the Special Victims Bureau.
    On November 16, 2016, Police Lieutenant Juan C. Rodriguez recommend Officer Ishak Riaz for dismissal from MDPD.
    On March 6, 2017, 15 months after the Hit-and-Run, Officer Ishak Riaz forwarded his official response to the Internal Affairs investigation:
    “I accept full responsibility for my actions the night of December 12, 2015. I have been a police officer for over nine years and understand the importance of exemplary behavior and conduct. To that end, I understand that my actions that night fell short of those expectations, my potential and do not accurately reflect my commitment to serving this Department and the members of this community. I submit that the events that unfolded that night are not a reliable indicator of the officer I am and strive to be. My annual/monthly evaluations reflect the performance of an above satisfactory officer and I hope to continue improving with each passing day. I am requesting that the proposed level of discipline, i.e., termination, be reconsidered in light of my tenure, excellent service record and lack of disciplinary history. This has been a learning experience which I have already used to improve and enhance my abilities as a police officer while serving the Department. Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to continuing to serve this Department and community.”
    On July 10, 2017, Officer Riaz’s recommendation for dismissal was changed to a 30-day suspension; and on July 12, 2017, Riaz was fully reinstated. His suspension began on July 17, 2017 and ended on August 28, 2017. Police records indicate Officer Riaz’s reinstatement was sign by former MDPD Director Juan J. Perez. During the Internal Affair investigation Riaz was represented by the Police Benevolent Association (PBA).
    As a result of Riaz’s actions, he was cited with two counts of Careless Driving (Citation #: A1UBLMP, A1UBLNP) and one count of Leaving the Scene of an Accident with Property Damage (Citation #: A1UBLJP). On Tuesday, June 7, 2016, Riaz pled "No Contest" to two counts of Careless Driving and one count of Leaving the Scene of an Accident with Property Damage. He was sentenced to six months of probation with special conditions, which he successfully completed.
    It is important to note, that although MDPD determined Riaz violated state statute 316.061, a second-degree misdemeanor, he was not charged criminally.
    Further investigation discovered that Riaz has crashed seven times while on duty, six of which were determined preventable by MDPD. (PD100327130829, PD100729318309, PD111205484499, PD121017396531, PD130215060394, PD180718262592, PD200123029427) A 2018 crash resulted in a woman being taken to the hospital. The two hit and run crashes that occurred on December 12, 2015, are not included in this total as Officer Riaz was technically off duty.
    Riaz has received several commendations for good driving habits and safe driving practices from his superior officers. His last on-duty traffic crash occurred January 23, 2020 (PD200123029427); he received a commendation for safe driving practices less than three months later.
    Before being officially reinstated to full duty, officer Riaz received two salary raises, one just six months after the two hit and run traffic accidents.
    On Monday, September 24, 2018, Officer Ishak Riaz was assigned to the Kendall District Traffic Enforcement Squad with increased pay for motorcycle duty. Today, Officer Riaz can be seen regularly in south-west Miami-Dade conducting traffic operations and issuing traffic citations.
    This media organization has confirmed that Officer Riaz has been issued a marked patrol vehicle to take home. At the time this article was published, Riaz earned a year-to-date gross income of $140,648.48.
    Miami-Dade Police Department denied our request for an interview and refused to comment on this article.
    Detective Cuccaro, which no longer works in the Traffic Homicide Unit, refused to comment.
    Several attempts were made to establish communication Officer Ishak Riaz; we received no response.

Unregistered
    for sure someome is jealous etc

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    By Rafael Gomez
    September 23,2020

On December 12, 2015, at 2:30 a.m. Miami-Dade Police Officer Riaz (Badge # 7661) smashed his county issued unmarked police vehicle (#27120) into a parked car. The traffic crash occurred in Kendall on 137ave sw 24st in front of Rey’s Pizza (PD151212464442). Riaz, who showed signs of impairment, then proceeded to leave the of scene of the crash. As Riaz approached the intersection of 162ave sw 42st, Officer Riaz crashed again; smashing his car into the guardrail. Police records indicate that “the county vehicle sustained severe front-end damage.” Riaz then left the scene of the second crash; leaving behind the front bumper of his county issued vehicle (PD151212464623). Officer Ishak Riaz eventually made it home; 5 hours would pass before Miami-Dade Police Department made contact with him. At 7:38 a.m. Miami-Dade Police Department, Traffic Homicide Unit Detective Christopher Cuccaro (Badge # 3363), obtained a sworn statement from Riaz where he admitted to being involved in the two hit and run crashes. Riaz then admitted to being at a party where he consumed one drink, prior to operating his county police vehicle. Further investigation revealed Riaz was coming from the Hispanic Police Officers Association (HPOA) Christmas party.
    Coincidently, the parked car Riaz crashed into was occupied by Miami-Dade Police Officer Jose Freire; he recognized Riaz and made note that he showed signs of impairment. Freire noting Riaz “muttered” his words and had “glossy” eyes. Freire advised Riaz that he was calling the police; Riaz stated "I ****ed up, go ahead and call." As Freire was calling the police, Riaz fled the scene. Riaz’s driving appears to have been erratic; after the crash he repositioned his vehicle several times creating an issue for on-coming traffic. Video surveillance footage of the first crash, shows Riaz fleeing the scene approximately 2 minutes after the accident; Officer Freire chasing behind him, first on foot, then in his vehicle.
    In the second crash that occurred on 162ave sw 42st, Detective Cuccaro of Traffic Homicide Unit indicated that based on the investigation it is his opinion that "Officer Riaz lost control of the Dodge (Intrepid) and struck the guardrail with the front of the Dodge and then left the scene without contacting police personnel. The yaw marks were not consistent with Officer Riaz's statement that he took evasive action to avoid an oncoming vehicle." In this crash, Riaz left the bumper of his county issued vehicle in the middle of the road.
    At no point during the investigation did Detective Cuccaro conduct a field sobriety test or a DUI related test on Officer Riaz.
    In compliance with MDPD policy, the Traffic Homicide Unit investigates all county police vehicle collisions.
    On Saturday, December 12, 2015, at 10:15 a.m., Officer Ishak Riaz was Relieved of Duty with pay, but Riaz was allowed to continue working for Miami-Dade Police Department “during normal departmental office hours” at the Special Victims Bureau.
    On November 16, 2016, Police Lieutenant Juan C. Rodriguez recommend Officer Ishak Riaz for dismissal from MDPD.
    On March 6, 2017, 15 months after the Hit-and-Run, Officer Ishak Riaz forwarded his official response to the Internal Affairs investigation:
    “I accept full responsibility for my actions the night of December 12, 2015. I have been a police officer for over nine years and understand the importance of exemplary behavior and conduct. To that end, I understand that my actions that night fell short of those expectations, my potential and do not accurately reflect my commitment to serving this Department and the members of this community. I submit that the events that unfolded that night are not a reliable indicator of the officer I am and strive to be. My annual/monthly evaluations reflect the performance of an above satisfactory officer and I hope to continue improving with each passing day. I am requesting that the proposed level of discipline, i.e., termination, be reconsidered in light of my tenure, excellent service record and lack of disciplinary history. This has been a learning experience which I have already used to improve and enhance my abilities as a police officer while serving the Department. Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to continuing to serve this Department and community.”
    On July 10, 2017, Officer Riaz’s recommendation for dismissal was changed to a 30-day suspension; and on July 12, 2017, Riaz was fully reinstated. His suspension began on July 17, 2017 and ended on August 28, 2017. Police records indicate Officer Riaz’s reinstatement was sign by former MDPD Director Juan J. Perez. During the Internal Affair investigation Riaz was represented by the Police Benevolent Association (PBA).
    As a result of Riaz’s actions, he was cited with two counts of Careless Driving (Citation #: A1UBLMP, A1UBLNP) and one count of Leaving the Scene of an Accident with Property Damage (Citation #: A1UBLJP). On Tuesday, June 7, 2016, Riaz pled "No Contest" to two counts of Careless Driving and one count of Leaving the Scene of an Accident with Property Damage. He was sentenced to six months of probation with special conditions, which he successfully completed.
    It is important to note, that although MDPD determined Riaz violated state statute 316.061, a second-degree misdemeanor, he was not charged criminally.
    Further investigation discovered that Riaz has crashed seven times while on duty, six of which were determined preventable by MDPD. (PD100327130829, PD100729318309, PD111205484499, PD121017396531, PD130215060394, PD180718262592, PD200123029427) A 2018 crash resulted in a woman being taken to the hospital. The two hit and run crashes that occurred on December 12, 2015, are not included in this total as Officer Riaz was technically off duty.
    Riaz has received several commendations for good driving habits and safe driving practices from his superior officers. His last on-duty traffic crash occurred January 23, 2020 (PD200123029427); he received a commendation for safe driving practices less than three months later.
    Before being officially reinstated to full duty, officer Riaz received two salary raises, one just six months after the two hit and run traffic accidents.
    On Monday, September 24, 2018, Officer Ishak Riaz was assigned to the Kendall District Traffic Enforcement Squad with increased pay for motorcycle duty. Today, Officer Riaz can be seen regularly in south-west Miami-Dade conducting traffic operations and issuing traffic citations.
    This media organization has confirmed that Officer Riaz has been issued a marked patrol vehicle to take home. At the time this article was published, Riaz earned a year-to-date gross income of $140,648.48.
    Miami-Dade Police Department denied our request for an interview and refused to comment on this article.
    Detective Cuccaro, which no longer works in the Traffic Homicide Unit, refused to comment.
    Several attempts were made to establish communication Officer Ishak Riaz; we received no response.
    Great job turning a bad incident into a positive. Thank you for your service!

Unregistered
    By Rafael Gomez
    September 23,2020

That was done when PBA had balls. Today they throw you under the bus

Unregistered
    Ishak for pba president

Unregistered
    Ishak for pba president
    Lmao. Can’t be worse than the guy you have now. Lmao

RG

Unregistered
    Lmao. Can’t be worse than the guy you have now. Lmao

RG
    I totally agree

Unregistered
    ishak please run for PBA PRESIDENT

Unregistered
    He’s got more backbone than the idiot we have there now

Unregistered
    He’s got more backbone than the idiot we have there now
    Maybe he’s a guy who understands adversity. I’m tired of people who believe that because someone is a cop then therefore they can’t make a goddam mistake. Stop dragging each other. And yeah, a guy like that would be fine as a union rep or president. Someone who’s been close to fired. Someone who’s been down that deep, dark, hole and lived to fight another day. Someone like that might actually fight for his members and give zero phux about making self-serving political connections. Although, judging from the shit I read on this blog, you’d have to be nucking futs to desire becoming PBA President.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast