Options
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Options

Unregistered

Options

I am AD military looking to become an officer in the Tampa Bay area. I've been looking at PCSO, HCSO and TPD. I wanted to find out what's the level of call volume you guys handle? I am a prior overseas officer who enjoys proactive work. Is there time for proactive work and is it encouraged? I am looking to either self fund or get sponsored depending on academy dates, will there be any at the end of 2021? Thanks guys.

Unregistered
    The call volume at PCSO is less than TPD and probably less than HCSO. There is plenty of to be proactive. There will be sponsored academies in 2021.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The call volume at PCSO is less than TPD and probably less than HCSO. There is plenty of to be proactive. There will be sponsored academies in 2021.
    Appreciate the reply, I'll definitely look into those academy times further.

Unregistered
    HCSO is very micromanaged. I would look at TPD or pcso as top picks. But CPD is good also

Unregistered
    One of my wife's relatives works for TPD. The liberal mayor keeps the chief on a tight leash and likes to micromanage everything. She does not promote pro-active policing. On the other hand TPD has a 20 year and out pension and offers a 7 year DROP, which is the best pension deal around here. All depends how you look at it and what is important to you.

Unregistered
    All agencies are micro managed and afraid of being proactive. Let’s face it we are all one shooting, justified or not from being arrested, fired or if hesitant being killed. The law enforcement community has been vilified by many who want to defund us. Become a firefighter and stay away from being used as a scapegoat.

Unregistered
    Thanks for your perspectives. I also came from an agency that micromanaged to the extreme, mainly because our call volume was sky high and we were always understaffed. But I have a passion for LE so hopefully I’ll just find the best possible place. As long as I get time on evenings and midnights to find stuff I’ll be happy honestly.

Unregistered
    PCSO is probably the best around for equipment and training. No agency compares to PCSO technology and equipment. Proactive policing is allowed and encouraged. I make about 20 arrests a month on self-initiated activity.

Unregistered
    PCSO is probably the best around for equipment and training. No agency compares to PCSO technology and equipment. Proactive policing is allowed and encouraged. I make about 20 arrests a month on self-initiated activity.
    Appreciate the reply, definitely put a lot of interest in this agency for me.

Unregistered
    That's awesome to hear. Are a lot of the stuff you guys deal with drugs and guns or gang crime?

How are specialty units and how to get into them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast