Trooper

Thread: Trooper

Unregistered

Trooper

Hi I am 18 year old male of Miami Florida USA I will graduate my high school this year and wonder how do I become a Florida highway patrol trooper it is my dream to drive “classic” “black and tan” for the great FHP and help people

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi I am 18 year old male of Miami Florida USA I will graduate my high school this year and wonder how do I become a Florida highway patrol trooper it is my dream to drive “classic” “black and tan” for the great FHP and help people
    Let me say that I am not a Trooper however, I am a 20 + year veteran LEO from out of state. I am also a Public Safety Cadet Mentor for my agency. LE is an awesome career choice. If I were you I would try to do a ride along with a Trooper. The local recruiter could may be able to help with that.
    Have you thought about the Military or college? Both would make you more competitive for hiring. In addition, give you some life experience. Good Luck!

Unregistered
    Let me say that I am not a Trooper however, I am a 20 + year veteran LEO from out of state. I am also a Public Safety Cadet Mentor for my agency. LE is an awesome career choice. If I were you I would try to do a ride along with a Trooper. The local recruiter could may be able to help with that.
    Have you thought about the Military or college? Both would make you more competitive for hiring. In addition, give you some life experience. Good Luck!
    LE is a horrible career choice. Might as well lead him into the slaughterhouse now because he won’t survive 20 years in this fat and day

Unregistered
    LE is a horrible career choice. Might as well lead him into the slaughterhouse now because he won’t survive 20 years in this fat and day
    It is what you make it. I have had my ups a and downs but over all its been good for me.

Unregistered
    I am not saying you are wrong, but these are kids making life decisions (and very poorly.) The previous 20 years can simply not compare to the next twenty, or even ten years. What you or I experienced in this line of work is not anything like what they are about to encounter. Things are changing at lightning speed, and none of these changes are for the better.

Unregistered
    I am not saying you are wrong, but these are kids making life decisions (and very poorly.) The previous 20 years can simply not compare to the next twenty, or even ten years. What you or I experienced in this line of work is not anything like what they are about to encounter. Things are changing at lightning speed, and none of these changes are for the better.
    Stop being such a scaredy-cat fear monger

Unregistered
    I am just trying to be optimistic. While things are bad now, there will come a time that it will get better. If you remember Rodney King. In the aftermath, things got real bad. Took while, but it turned around. I am confident that the same is true here. I agree, things are changing. However, we as veterans need to continue to recruit and develop younger officers.