Training captain
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Training captain

Are we going to do real training now that we have a training captain? I kind of like our relaxed methods of training, however I can’t imagine this training guy giving the uniform speach and saying we have to look professional at the range when he got sworn in wearing jeans.

I also hope he doesn’t let WJ lead training, 90% of his trainings is him telling everyone how great he is.

Unregistered
    Our trainers have issues. That MS guy from Miami was so reaching about making sure the key holes face up before applying handcuffs. Never heard that in all my years of LE.

Unregistered

Disband ABT

Why would anyone want to teach a bunch of malcontents who attack everyone anonymously on here?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why would anyone want to teach a bunch of malcontents who attack everyone anonymously on here?
    For the $$$ you silly goose 😂

Unregistered
    Our trainers have issues. That MS guy from Miami was so reaching about making sure the key holes face up before applying handcuffs. Never heard that in all my years of LE.
    Don’t know who MS is but the key holes up is a training requirement in the academy for compliant handcuffing. If you don’t understand why then maybe you need some remedial training!!

Unregistered
    Don’t know who MS is but the key holes up is a training requirement in the academy for compliant handcuffing. If you don’t understand why then maybe you need some remedial training!!
    I'm just an innocent bystander here and what you say about the academy is correct. However, the academy way is in a perfect world with a compliant subject. Doesn't always work that way when you have a resisting suspect. Like my old sergeant said, "get the guy in cuffs and worry about making it look pretty later".

Unregistered
    What academy did you go to? Corrections???? What law enforcement trainer in there right mind would tell a LEO to stop and take time to make sure the holes are up. Get the cuffs on and who cares about taking them off. Wouldn’t you feel horrible if someone got hurt cause they paused a second to make sure the holes are up?

Unregistered
    What academy did you go to? Corrections???? What law enforcement trainer in there right mind would tell a LEO to stop and take time to make sure the holes are up. Get the cuffs on and who cares about taking them off. Wouldn’t you feel horrible if someone got hurt cause they paused a second to make sure the holes are up?
    The millennial and Y2K way of law enforcement. You look at some of the clowns that we have as trainers here and it's scary. On the flip side, you have the tacti-cool trainers here that think we should have MFFT and learn how to repel from helicopters. This agency has never known a happy medium or common sense.

Unregistered
    The millennial and Y2K way of law enforcement. You look at some of the clowns that we have as trainers here and it's scary. On the flip side, you have the tacti-cool trainers here that think we should have MFFT and learn how to repel from helicopters. This agency has never known a happy medium or common sense.
    We should be doing the minimum requirement to maintain certification and nothing else. Until you can master a simple task like inspections on the iPad, nothing extra for you. Get your incentive pay on your own time. Want to attend management classes with the hope you will be a more desirable candidate for promotion? That's what off duty is for. Enough whining about wanting to attend wildland firefighter school. Master your own job. That would be a refreshing change.

Unregistered
    We should be doing the minimum requirement to maintain certification and nothing else. Until you can master a simple task like inspections on the iPad, nothing extra for you. Get your incentive pay on your own time. Want to attend management classes with the hope you will be a more desirable candidate for promotion? That's what off duty is for. Enough whining about wanting to attend wildland firefighter school. Master your own job. That would be a refreshing change.
    The agency can’t even afford or provide computers!!! Good luck getting IPads 😂😂😂😂

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast