Psych Eval

Thread: Psych Eval

Unregistered

Psych Eval

Just took my psych eval for MCSO not too long ago, and I got a super weird vibe from the psychologist. They guy was very off-putting and very rude to me. I don't think he's going to give me a favorable report. Did anyone else get this vibe from this weirdo? And how much stock is put into the psychologists report?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just took my psych eval for MCSO not too long ago, and I got a super weird vibe from the psychologist. They guy was very off-putting and very rude to me. I don't think he's going to give me a favorable report. Did anyone else get this vibe from this weirdo? And how much stock is put into the psychologists report?
    It's been said that a lot of mentally disturbed people go into psychology to try and figure out what is wrong with themselves, which means there is a higher proportion of people who are mentally disturbed in that profession. Doh! In lay terms, some shrinks are good, but many of them are straight-up nutty (or have bad "vibes" to use your term). Nonetheless, the shrink that an agency hires carries great weight in his or her analysis of you, even if they are "off" in their assessment.

Unregistered
    It's been said that a lot of mentally disturbed people go into psychology to try and figure out what is wrong with themselves, which means there is a higher proportion of people who are mentally disturbed in that profession. Doh! In lay terms, some shrinks are good, but many of them are straight-up nutty (or have bad "vibes" to use your term). Nonetheless, the shrink that an agency hires carries great weight in his or her analysis of you, even if they are "off" in their assessment.
    Yeah they sure do, got the email yesterday that my psych eval did not “meet their criteria.”

Unregistered
    He is probably a nutcase himself so there is an inherent conflict of interest when a nutcase is supposed to weed out other nutcases from the hiring process. You can always file a citizen's complaint against him if you feel he mistreated you in any way.