Shifts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shifts

Unregistered

Shifts

Good Afternoon All,

I know the shift consists of 4 days on and 4 days off. Can anyone shed light on what times the different shifts are? Also assume most new hires would go to nights.

Thanks

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Good Afternoon All,

I know the shift consists of 4 days on and 4 days off. Can anyone shed light on what times the different shifts are? Also assume most new hires would go to nights.

Thanks
    Depends on the district but generally speaking it’s like this

Days. 0600-1730
    Evening 1400-0130
    Midnight 1900-0630.

Again every district is a little different and ybor has different hours on weekends because of the area. (Bars nightclubs etc).

Unregistered
    Depends on the district but generally speaking it’s like this

Days. 0600-1730
    Evening 1400-0130
    Midnight 1900-0630.

Again every district is a little different and ybor has different hours on weekends because of the area. (Bars nightclubs etc).
    Awesome. I appreciate the response! Is it safe to assume most new hires would go to midnights?

Unregistered
    Awesome. I appreciate the response! Is it safe to assume most new hires would go to midnights?
    No not while on probation. Every squad has 2 PO positions. Come shift bid after probation then possibly. A lot of people like midnights I’m a 17 year guy and chose midnights. No brass means less moronic decisions.

Unregistered
    No not while on probation. Every squad has 2 PO positions. Come shift bid after probation then possibly. A lot of people like midnights I’m a 17 year guy and chose midnights. No brass means less moronic decisions.
    Good to know! Thanks for the info. I'd honestly prefer evenings and midnights so was just curious.

Thank you again for taking the time to respond and answer.

Unregistered

Holdover

If you are already certified do you still need to go through holdover before you start Field Training?

Unregistered
    What is hold over exactly? Can't find anything on that online

Unregistered
    If you are already certified do you still need to go through holdover before you start Field Training?
    Yes you do

Unregistered
    What is hold over exactly? Can't find anything on that online
    In house training. You cover all high liability stuff again including red man, driving, shooting etc.

Unregistered
    How many weeks is it for that? And you still earn your salary while attending that right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast