The Herald Tribune Jumping the Shark

Unregistered

The Herald Tribune Jumping the Shark

It won’t be long as they obviously are circling the drain and trying to grab on to anything to save themselves. I will celebrate they finally go under. The extreme liberal point of view makes it obvious they will print anything as in the opinion in today’s paper. Pure garbage. Trust no1 from the SHT.

Unregistered
    Which opinion piece? This one?

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Toale"
    < snip >

I was celebrating the presidential election on the Sarasota Bayfront, when guys showed up with multiple Trump flags and “alternative” appearances. The flags were so large they could barely hold them up in the wind.

I tolerated their presence.

Trump supporters drove by, spraying us with windshield wiper fluid and blowing black exhaust at us.

One [Trump guy] engaged [with me]. My mind is blown. He was unaware of differences between the Republican and Democratic parties. But he was teachable.

I asked if he believed, as a Christian, [that Trump] should be president since he is a racist and a misogynist. This was a confused person. So many factors have come together to create people like him.

The perceived threat to my life came when a car pulled up on U.S. 41 and stopped in front of me. The passenger door opened and a guy raised his arm as if to shoot at us, using his finger as a gun. I thought I would die.

I blame Trump.
    Full opinion:
    https://www.heraldtribune.com/story/...es/6212810002/

There is clearly some mental illness going on in that person's life.

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Toale View Post
    I tolerated their presence.

The perceived threat to my life came when a car pulled up on U.S. 41 and stopped in front of me. The passenger door opened and a guy raised his arm as if to shoot at us, using his finger as a gun. I thought I would die.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is clearly some mental illness going on in that person's life.
    Anne Toale "tolerated" the presence of Trump's supporters? When Toale is in public, does she have a choice (or not) to "tolerate" the presence of peaceful people who are not rioting and are not disorderly? Toale has no legal choice in the matter.

Toale's comments are condescending and insulting. She presents her opinions as being intellectually and morally superior to Trump's supporters. However, Toale comes across as a self-righteous person suffering from delusions of moral and intellectual grandeur.

Pic of Anne Toale:
    https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/2...pjpg&auto=webp

Unregistered
    It won’t be long as they obviously are circling the drain and trying to grab on to anything to save themselves. I will celebrate they finally go under. The extreme liberal point of view makes it obvious they will print anything as in the opinion in today’s paper. Pure garbage. Trust no1 from the SHT.
    The H-T has become nothing more than a giant opinion piece. It is no better than Facebook, Twitter and every other garden variety internet blog. As a result, the H-T is not financially sustainable for the long term. The days of professional journalism and financial sustainability in the MSM is ending. Professional old timers like Tom Lyons had a modicum of sarcastic wit (acid) that was backed up by facts, even if you disagreed with the opinion. However, those kind of journalists are rapidly disappearing from the MSM landscape. Can you name one person who trusts the MSM? Just one?

Unregistered
    The sht “Journalists” are a joke. Won’t be long before they are completely devoured by larger investment groups that could care less about real news and more about money. Just one big opinion blog.

Unregistered
    The sht “Journalists” are a joke. Won’t be long before they are completely devoured by larger investment groups that could care less about real news and more about money. Just one big opinion blog.
    Does anyone still subscribe to the H-T paper anymore? Seriously?

Unregistered
    Does anyone still subscribe to the H-T paper anymore? Seriously?
    All news in Sarasota can now be had for free on the internet. Why would anyone pay for it? Additionally, why would anyone pay for MSM tilted garbage (not singling out the H-T here)?

Unregistered
    “Against the USA Today” owns the herald tribune. Here is prime example tens of thousands of Trump supporters are rallying in DC right now and Against the USA Today refuses to cover it. Any person who works for the sht should not be trusted. They are against America in my humble opinion by not reporting current events with an even keel. The SHT is lying to you daily.

Unregistered
    Whoever is advertising with the herald tribune please boycott them. It starts here with us.