Law Enforcement Deputy App - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    TPD also pays into their own retirement so the 100K to 85K is pretty much the same. HCSO retirement may be 30 years but you will retire with 90% of you salary. Don’t listen to all the disgruntled employees on here, both agencies are great. You can make a good living at either agency. If you like working the inner city everyday, apply at TPD. If you like a variety of inner city / suburbs / rural unincorporated county apply at HCSO.
    If I was young 90% and not paying into your retirement is huge. I’m coming with a Pension and would be happy to work another 15 years. I’ve been replying in here and I’ve read a lot of the disgruntled replies. As I stated in NY it’s the same sh-t as here as well as any area. I’ve been a City Cop and I’m looking forward to a change and good mixture of communities.

How long in patrol do you have to be, before you can apply for other units?

Unregistered
    If I was young 90% and not paying into your retirement is huge. I’m coming with a Pension and would be happy to work another 15 years. I’ve been replying in here and I’ve read a lot of the disgruntled replies. As I stated in NY it’s the same sh-t as here as well as any area. I’ve been a City Cop and I’m looking forward to a change and good mixture of communities.

Usually 3 yrs

Unregistered
    Hey all ,

I’ve been in the process of applying to HCSO and I was wondering how long it typically takes to hear back after your file is in review. I know the academy is in February but I was just curious. Thank you.
    Go to TPD. You will eventually anyway. Once our best of the best of the best hero academy mental programing wears out, you will see what rolling secretaries we really are. You will see how this agency operates from a places of shorthanded rushed chaotic fear, worry, and paranoia. You will see it, want to quit, but try to ride out probation here to not look bad if you leave early, but you will leave at around 2-3 years. Then you will go to TPD, be a real cop, actually have obtainable goals, progress higher than here, and still retire earlier. Even with the wasted years here.

The only way you can enjoy a nice career here is if you are fast tracked. Being that you are posting on this site, I’m guessing you are a nobody like us bottom dwelling disposable expendable road deputies. Go to TPD. Skip the middle man. The middle man offers nothing but disappointment. TPD may not have the best toys, but they have more than plenty of officers. Plenty. Which, contrary to what rookies and fast trackers think, is ALL THAT MATTERS.

Unregistered
    TPD also pays into their own retirement so the 100K to 85K is pretty much the same. HCSO retirement may be 30 years but you will retire with 90% of you salary. Don’t listen to all the disgruntled employees on here, both agencies are great. You can make a good living at either agency. If you like working the inner city everyday, apply at TPD. If you like a variety of inner city / suburbs / rural unincorporated county apply at HCSO.
    But what about cola in retirement?

https://www.myfrs.com/FRSPro_ComparePlan_Cost.htm

No cola for those hired after July 1, 2011. At 30 years you retire with 90% of 85K at 56 years old. How much buying power you going to have left at 65 years old, 75 years old. If you did 30 years at TPD you get 94.5% (3.15% multiplier) of $100,000 and you get a CoLa raise ever year to keep up with inflation.

Unregistered
    Go to TPD. You will eventually anyway. Once our best of the best of the best hero academy mental programing wears out, you will see what rolling secretaries we really are. You will see how this agency operates from a places of shorthanded rushed chaotic fear, worry, and paranoia. You will see it, want to quit, but try to ride out probation here to not look bad if you leave early, but you will leave at around 2-3 years. Then you will go to TPD, be a real cop, actually have obtainable goals, progress higher than here, and still retire earlier. Even with the wasted years here.

The only way you can enjoy a nice career here is if you are fast tracked. Being that you are posting on this site, I’m guessing you are a nobody like us bottom dwelling disposable expendable road deputies. Go to TPD. Skip the middle man. The middle man offers nothing but disappointment. TPD may not have the best toys, but they have more than plenty of officers. Plenty. Which, contrary to what rookies and fast trackers think, is ALL THAT MATTERS.
    Will you stfu man and go tf away! You don’t know all you THINK you do and there’s no way anyone can make you happy you miserable SOB!

Unregistered
    But what about cola in retirement?

https://www.myfrs.com/FRSPro_ComparePlan_Cost.htm

No cola for those hired after July 1, 2011. At 30 years you retire with 90% of 85K at 56 years old. How much buying power you going to have left at 65 years old, 75 years old. If you did 30 years at TPD you get 94.5% (3.15% multiplier) of $100,000 and you get a CoLa raise ever year to keep up with inflation.
    Name another 2yr degree job that guarantees anything close to HCSO besides the oh so glorious TPD? I’ll wait.
    I don’t want inner city calls. HCSO is diverse in opportunities for squads. I love my job at this agency.

Unregistered

The amount that TPD pays into their retirement is much less than the difference between TPD and HCSO pay. Additionally, TPD does not pay into Social Security. So that's at least 6.2% more in take home pay than at HCSO. And that's 6.2% of a much larger paycheck than HCSO gets. TPD is over $100K now, base pay for topped out Master Police Officers. If their pay is only $100k, with no extras, that means they take home an extra $6,200 over HCSO by not paying into Social Security.

As far as applying for positions at HCSO, other than patrol, usually they only require you to be off probation which is 1 year. However, unless you are in the small inner circle, a minority, or a homosexual, it doesn't matter how long you've been in patrol you most likely will spend your entire career on patrol. At least under the current administration, and the past few administrations. I'm telling you that as someone who is/has been in the inner circle or a minority/homosexual. I've tried to get several deserving deputies where they want to go over the years, but that just hasn't happened, and will not happen for the foreseeable future.

A career in patrol is not a bad thing for most agencies, however patrol is used as punishing grounds at HCSO. When someone gets demoted, expresses support for the wrong person, or just gets into any general trouble, they are sent to patrol, often for the remainder of their careers.

Unregistered
    Usually 3 yrs
    Thanks for the reply

Unregistered
    Thanks for the reply
    You’re welcome. Apply. You’ll be fine.

Unregistered

Better info through here

Virtual job fair tomorrow at 6m. Questions answered that are submitted in comments on FB. Check it out.
    https://www.facebook.com/HCSOSheriff/

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast