PCSO take over - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PCSO take over

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m sorry but if you believe these rumors, you’ve either not been around long enough to know better or you’re just stupid. The PCSO takeover rumor has roamed our department for nearly a decade. PCSO has tried to take over this department and failed, end of story.
    Wrong. The Sheriff has never made (nor failed at) any attempt to take over. He makes it very well known, he will ONLY present an offer if a city manager comes to him and solicits a proposal. There is nothing in it for the Sheriff to take over additional resources. He only presents an offer of what costs PCSO could do it for if requested.

So no, never has PCSO “tried to take over”, nor failed either. Get your facts straight.

Unregistered
    Wrong. The Sheriff has never made (nor failed at) any attempt to take over. He makes it very well known, he will ONLY present an offer if a city manager comes to him and solicits a proposal. There is nothing in it for the Sheriff to take over additional resources. He only presents an offer of what costs PCSO could do it for if requested.

So no, never has PCSO “tried to take over”, nor failed either. Get your facts straight.
    Back in 2008, Grady Judd literally came to City Hall and gave the city commissioners a proposal and claimed they would save almost a million dollars if they replaced BPD with PCSO. The commission never came to Grady, he took it upon himself to give the commission a offer he thought they couldnt refuse. He’s done this with Mulberry, Frostproof, Fort Meade, Polk City, and Eagle Lake. Luckily, George Long, the newly appointed CM at the time, held a vote and the commission voted against a PCSO takeover after outcry from the community. I remember coming into work the morning after Grady gave the commissioners the proposal, and there were PCSO vans outside the PD with deputys crawling around the department looking at our equipment, I guess they figured they could take us over like all of the other small citys in the county. So yes, PCSO did try and take this department over, I watched it with my own eyes.

Unregistered

Um your wrong, he did attempt to take the city over several years ago when he put Williams in as acting chief to help the transition. He failed when the major went to the last city meeting and showed the city his numbers where wrong. Grady left with his tail between his legs. So get your fact straight.

Unregistered
    Um your wrong, he did attempt to take the city over several years ago when he put Williams in as acting chief to help the transition. He failed when the major went to the last city meeting and showed the city his numbers where wrong. Grady left with his tail between his legs. So get your fact straight.
    Was awaiting this response, BD...but hate to tell you, you are the one with inaccurate facts. And the employees of the PD need to know that.

1) The city requested help when the Sheriff sent then-Capt Larry Williams in. He did not simply “put Williams in as acting chief”. The city requested it.
    https://www.theledger.com/news/20070...ice-department

2) Then-Mayor Brian Hinton was quoted as saying “ Judd will make his proposal, at the invitation of the City Commission”.
    https://www.theledger.com/news/20071...eriff-takeover

Your opinion is Judd tucked his tail between his legs. Whether he did or didn’t is neither here nor there. That’s simply how you chose to see it. Bottom line is, which was originally stated above, the Sheriff doesn’t go in and “take over” any cities. The Sheriff only presents proposals if requested to do so. And he’s not going to make the county go bankrupt to do so. If he saves the city money, great. If he doesn’t, no harm no foul. Either way, he doesn’t have some agenda to take over all the cities that have inadequate leadership. Those city managers make that choice.

Unregistered

Hiring

I wanna apply for an officer position but I have a few skeletons in my closet. How is the administration when it comes to that??? It's nothing criminal. Will they just about take anyone. What's the limit?

Unregistered

Hiring

Is Polk taking over bartow p.d. I heard a rumer is it true?

Unregistered
    Is Polk taking over bartow p.d. I heard a rumer is it true?
    Yes, the city commissioners are back dooring the police department and citizens by not making it public. And pretty sure BD and MS know about it and also keeping it from their officers.

Someone needs to investigate Long and his mail order bride

Unregistered

Hiring

Are they hiring officers now?

Unregistered
    Whoever wrote the information with the articles I applaude you for the
    In formation. I do believe there was a Captain and Major still with the department who were much more qualified and experienced then the current admin in 2008. The other thing is, I was told there were several BPD officers in 2008 who went to the SO and requested the take over. Is this true and is it true one of them currently work at BPD. Hope you may know this. Just curious?

Unregistered
    “ With a crime rate of 44 per one thousand residents, Bartow has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 23.”

The citizens should be knocking down the door at city hall, begging for the sheriff to take over!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast