Detention Deputy

Unregistered

Detention Deputy

Hi, i am interested in applying for a pre-cert Detention Deputy. I have a few questions.
    1) How is Moral?
    2) What equipment is issued to all Detention Deputies?
    3) When is shift bid (every 6 month of every year)?
    4) How is promotional opportunities?
    5)What are the shift like (12 hours) ?
    6) Is there an annual pay increase (step plan)?
    7) how are the benefits and is there Deferred comp?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just trying to find out as much as I could before applying.

Thanks in advance.

Unregistered
    Unless you are desperate for a paycheck, don't do it. The jail is a lousy dead end job. Put yourself through the law enforcement academy and apply at various agencies.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Unless you are desperate for a paycheck, don't do it. The jail is a lousy dead end job. Put yourself through the law enforcement academy and apply at various agencies.
    How is it a dead end job? I have been in corrections, so i understand that its not a glamorous job, i get it... You can promote or move to another division within the jail doing another job like transport or something.... I'm just looking for unbiased responses about working at this jail, what equipment is issues and so on.

Unregistered
    How is it a dead end job? I have been in corrections, so i understand that its not a glamorous job, i get it... You can promote or move to another division within the jail doing another job like transport or something.... I'm just looking for unbiased responses about working at this jail, what equipment is issues and so on.
    It's a great place to work and the paybhas gotten much better. You'll like it here. Sheriff's got your back as long as you do your job.

Unregistered
    It's a great place to work and the paybhas gotten much better. You'll like it here. Sheriff's got your back as long as you do your job.
    Would that include like supporting possibly falsified reports and shooting an inmate in the nads? Just askin

Unregistered
    Cool thanks for the info.... What equipment is issued? Are all detention deputies issued tasers, oc and cuffs? Is there over time availability? Is there shift differential for working nights?

Unregistered
    Cool thanks for the info.... What equipment is issued? Are all detention deputies issued tasers, oc and cuffs? Is there over time availability? Is there shift differential for working nights?
    And cool gold epaulettes mirrored sunglasses putees elevator shoes and riding crops there Corrections Commando. They’re working on ray guns and spray tan too

Unregistered
    Taser? You settle for chain cuffs? Not hinged? Don’t worry scaredy cat they’ll have two great big guys follow you around so those bad boys live in constant fear lol

Unregistered

Is there night shift differential pay?
    I know other agencies offer this. Just wondering if Pasco does.