Did the Sarasota Sheriff's Office REFUSE to provide security for Ivanka Trump Rally? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Kelly View Post
    Sheriff Tom Knight joined protesters and told them: "I am angry too."

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2020/06/0...otesters-scso/

Quote Originally Posted by Marcine Joseph View Post
    Sarasota deputies say that the protesters who were with Sheriff Knight vandalized stores.

https://www.mysuncoast.com/2020/06/0...-deputies-say/

Quote Originally Posted by Sheriff Tom Knight View Post
    How do you explain racial bias in law enforcement against African American people?

https://www.heraldtribune.com/opinio...ip-and-culture
    You can't make this stuff up and it's documented in local Sarasota media!!!! Knight made a strategic move by aligning himself with BLM/Antifa. Was his choice good or bad? You could say that one of two things happened:

1. Knight joined forces with BLM/Antifa, so it decreased the amount of violence and destruction that could have potentially occurred in Sarasota.
      or
    2. Knight joined forces with BLM/Antifa, so he is responsible for the destruction that did occur by BLM/Antifa in Sarasota.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I heard that the SO refused to provide security for the Ivanka Trump rally at Benderson. Heard they tried to strong arm the Feds into paying special detail pay to provide security. I guess we don't have an obligation to provide security for all of the Sarasota County citizens that want to attend the event.

Now that it has been released for public digestion, maybe there will be some last minute scrambling where Sheriff/Mr. Tom Knight and Sheriff-elect/Mr. Kurt Hoffman will provide last minute security for the president of the United States? And maybe not.
    SSO vehicles and deputies are present (but not sure what the cost arrangement is). It is too big of a national political event for Knight to protest, regardless of his personal affection or affiliation with BLM/Antifa.

Unregistered
    You have to go back in time, To the Governor’s race to really understand what is happening. Knight and Hoffman are in for a bad ride when DeSantis fires up his campaign in a few months. DeSantis will use the Eric Robinson investigation to his full ability to control the Sarasota GOP. I bet the findings from that investigation will be secret until DeSantis decides to let it out. He will destroy and rebuild the Manasota GOP. He will fill this GOP with his supporters.

Unregistered
    You have to go back in time, To the Governor’s race to really understand what is happening. Knight and Hoffman are in for a bad ride when DeSantis fires up his campaign in a few months. DeSantis will use the Eric Robinson investigation to his full ability to control the Sarasota GOP. I bet the findings from that investigation will be secret until DeSantis decides to let it out. He will destroy and rebuild the Manasota GOP. He will fill this GOP with his supporters.
    Any supporters will be better than the current corrupt crop of unethical scarecrows that are currently running the local Manasota GOP. From Waechter to Robinson to Knight and to other local scarecrows, there has been a horrible unethical historical precedent established. Drain the local Sarasota swamp!

Unregistered
    Clearly, there were quite a number of deputies at this event today, the most visible ones were leaning against two Tahoe's right in the middle between University and the line of being entering. Don't know why there were two SPD vehicles parked by the tower though, community outreach?

Unregistered
    Clearly, there were quite a number of deputies at this event today, the most visible ones were leaning against two Tahoe's right in the middle between University and the line of being entering. Don't know why there were two SPD vehicles parked by the tower though, community outreach?
    It would have made national news if Knight boycotted a Trump rally. Thank gawd Knight acquiesced and allowed SSO deputies to provide security for the Trump rally. SPD's help was also greatly appreciated.

Unregistered

Detail pay

This all started when the Secret service requested assistance from Sso for uniformed, UC, K9 and bomb squad assets. Prince Paul told them that NO Sso deputies could work the event on duty time. They made them pay for 4 off duty deputies to work the event. The SPD cars were for their bomb squad and uniformed officers to respond to conduct a bomb sweep of the venue and be on standby even though Sso has its own bomb squad. Sso refused to assist the federal government and provide safety services. Whether you like or hate Trump, if sarasota County citizens are attending the event at a county park, the Sso should be doing their best to make sure everyone that attends is safe. Instead they relied on the Sarasota police department to pick up their slack. I may be retired now, but I expect the agency I worked for to provide the necessary services to keep ALL citizens safe. Even if Prince Paul is a bleeding liberal, he should at least be a professional and do what is right for the public. I wonder if the Sheriff or Sheriff-elect even knows that he made that decision.

Unregistered

Drain Sarasota School Board swamp

Any supporters will be better than the current corrupt crop of unethical scarecrows that are currently running the local Manasota GOP. From Waechter to Robinson to Knight and to other local scarecrows, there has been a horrible unethical historical precedent established. Drain the local Sarasota swamp!
    Shirley Brown, Brennan Asplen and the newly “elected” Thom Edwards are huge proponents of incorporating blm and lgtbq into our schools. It’s happening and parents are not standing up for this enough.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12