CRIME PREVENTION! Ever heard of it Sheriff Tony?

Unregistered

CRIME PREVENTION! Ever heard of it Sheriff Tony?

I saw that Sheriff Tony has a new Podcast, on top of all the activities he has put into place in the last two months. This shows that he is able to hurriedly put stuff together "for the community" to win an election. In the midst of all that, missing are many things, but here is only one of many.

Has Sheriff Tony (or his underlings) ever heard of CRIME PREVENTION? I swear, BSO should be called BSO/ATF (after the fact); that is how they appear to run their ship. Sheriff Tony has time for a radio show/podcast, but has not, to the best of our knowledge, put together a crime prevention plan and implemented the program. Stop training people on how to be friends with Deputies, Sheriff Tony. Those that hate law enforcement now, always will. You can't teach a 5-year old to love you because a Deputy comes over and shows him his police car. Get real.

LOOK AT THE CRIME rate in your county.Your deputies are getting killed because they are having to go out looking for criminals... STOP THE CRIMES! Lower the crime rate, save your deputies!!! Stop with all the "smoke and mirror" programs you say you have started; more red tape and Bureaucracy. LOOK OUT FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES! Look out for the taxpayers. C R I M E P R E V E N T I O N!

Unregistered
    That is what our PWT program is all about. Ha Ha Ha Ha Pumpkin head

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I saw that Sheriff Tony has a new Podcast, on top of all the activities he has put into place in the last two months. This shows that he is able to hurriedly put stuff together "for the community" to win an election. In the midst of all that, missing are many things, but here is only one of many.

Has Sheriff Tony (or his underlings) ever heard of CRIME PREVENTION? I swear, BSO should be called BSO/ATF (after the fact); that is how they appear to run their ship. Sheriff Tony has time for a radio show/podcast, but has not, to the best of our knowledge, put together a crime prevention plan and implemented the program. Stop training people on how to be friends with Deputies, Sheriff Tony. Those that hate law enforcement now, always will. You can't teach a 5-year old to love you because a Deputy comes over and shows him his police car. Get real.

LOOK AT THE CRIME rate in your county.Your deputies are getting killed because they are having to go out looking for criminals... STOP THE CRIMES! Lower the crime rate, save your deputies!!! Stop with all the "smoke and mirror" programs you say you have started; more red tape and Bureaucracy. LOOK OUT FOR YOUR EMPLOYEES! Look out for the taxpayers. C R I M E P R E V E N T I O N!
    Crime prevention is something that is done through proactive policing. There are very few road patrol squads doing proactive policing these days mainly because they can’t trust this guy. If they have a command that backs their people then yes you can see proactive policing occur in select places. But it’s a rare thing to find in BSO these days.

When you start arresting, firing, suspending, punishing deputies for doing their jobs, the logical result is they stop doing their jobs. They will still respond to their calls as you say, ATF, after the fact, but going out there and putting their necks on the line isn’t worth risking their livelihood or freedom for.

Unregistered
    Thanks very much for your intelligent and well-explained response. Enlightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Crime prevention is something that is done through proactive policing. There are very few road patrol squads doing proactive policing these days mainly because they can’t trust this guy. If they have a command that backs their people then yes you can see proactive policing occur in select places. But it’s a rare thing to find in BSO these days.

When you start arresting, firing, suspending, punishing deputies for doing their jobs, the logical result is they stop doing their jobs. They will still respond to their calls as you say, ATF, after the fact, but going out there and putting their necks on the line isn’t worth risking their livelihood or freedom for.