Time for load bearing vests and rifle plates - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Unregistered
    You are a fool. Where did you work and when did you retire tough guy

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What agency did you work for and for how long? During my career, many LEOs didn't wear their vests. They ended up in the trunk because they were hot, made the LEO sweat and smell bad. In fact, of the first five deputies who responded to the Marjorie Stoneman Douglas HS shooting, three had to remove their vests from the trunk of their unit and the SRO wasn't wearing one at all. As for a waiver, well, I have seen thousands of waivers accepted because the LEO supposedly developed a "rash" from sweating in their hot, bullet resistant vests. And, the administration allowed it because they didn't care if vests were worn or not, as long as they did not have any liability for the LEO NOT wearing the vest. You know who is most likely to actually wear their issue vest? Rookies. But, as soon as they see the veterans going "commando", they follow suit.
    It's true.

Unregistered
    Most LEOs leave their vest in the trunk? You're insane. Youre obviously not LEO and obviously dont work for the agency. You literally have ti sign a waiver if you refuse to wear a vest. Ive three Deputies in my career that didnt wear a vest, and they're retired now.

Go away.
    Liar. Fake News! PCSO does not have a mandatory wear policy. Obviously not a PCSO person. We have option of outer vest or under the shirt or no vest at all. I’d say chances of tactical commando vest for patrol is ZERO!

Unregistered
    What agency did you work for and for how long? During my career, many LEOs didn't wear their vests. They ended up in the trunk because they were hot, made the LEO sweat and smell bad. In fact, of the first five deputies who responded to the Marjorie Stoneman Douglas HS shooting, three had to remove their vests from the trunk of their unit and the SRO wasn't wearing one at all. As for a waiver, well, I have seen thousands of waivers accepted because the LEO supposedly developed a "rash" from sweating in their hot, bullet resistant vests. And, the administration allowed it because they didn't care if vests were worn or not, as long as they did not have any liability for the LEO NOT wearing the vest. You know who is most likely to actually wear their issue vest? Rookies. But, as soon as they see the veterans going "commando", they follow suit.
    What agency do YOU work for? I can count on one hand the number of deputies on the street without a vest ive met in my career. Admittedly less than a decade, but to act like the majority on the street dont wear vests is asinine and you have no clue what youre talking about. The only ones I've even met are dinosaurs that were on their way out and generally not in patrol. I knew of one "rookie" that didnt wear one and he was a pariah in the squad and as I recall his sergeant ordered him to wear his vest.

Unregistered
    What agency do YOU work for? I can count on one hand the number of deputies on the street without a vest ive met in my career. Admittedly less than a decade, but to act like the majority on the street dont wear vests is asinine and you have no clue what youre talking about. The only ones I've even met are dinosaurs that were on their way out and generally not in patrol. I knew of one "rookie" that didnt wear one and he was a pariah in the squad and as I recall his sergeant ordered him to wear his vest.
    What agency do you work for? I gave you an example of vests in trunks at the MSDHS shooting. And, I'll tell you something else, you can probably count the number of agencies which actually mandate the wearing of vests on one hand.

Now, let me tell you a little something about LEOs. They abhor being uncomfortable. They refuse to carry off-duty or carry some mouse gun with limited capacity. They complain constantly that the duty handgun is too big or too heavy. They hate to get out of the car if it is hot or is raining. They complain constantly of how heavy their duty load is. Administrators, even in uniform, refuse to wear the prescribed duty belt and usually leave their duty weapon in the drawer of their desk as they wander around the station drinking coffee. You have anti-crime units running around in t-shirts and no vest. So, do you really think that these LEOs are going to wear a heavy, hot bullet resistant vest constantly while on patrol or answering calls? Of so, then you don't know much about cops.

Unregistered
    What agency do you work for? I gave you an example of vests in trunks at the MSDHS shooting. And, I'll tell you something else, you can probably count the number of agencies which actually mandate the wearing of vests on one hand.

Now, let me tell you a little something about LEOs. They abhor being uncomfortable. They refuse to carry off-duty or carry some mouse gun with limited capacity. They complain constantly that the duty handgun is too big or too heavy. They hate to get out of the car if it is hot or is raining. They complain constantly of how heavy their duty load is. Administrators, even in uniform, refuse to wear the prescribed duty belt and usually leave their duty weapon in the drawer of their desk as they wander around the station drinking coffee. You have anti-crime units running around in t-shirts and no vest. So, do you really think that these LEOs are going to wear a heavy, hot bullet resistant vest constantly while on patrol or answering calls? Of so, then you don't know much about cops.
    Only for Tic Toc videos and Facebook Posts 😁

Unregistered
    My question is when do we get the Glock 9 mm pistols everyone keeps talking about? Will the switch be delayed because the money has been allocated to the body cams? There is only so much money in the budget so it looks like maybe next year it will happen, unless Bob finds some other useless piece of equipment to spend money on. There should have been a survey to check which equipment should have been purchased first. Let those who ride decide.

Unregistered
    The county gave the sheriff the extra money for the body cams to questions asked.
    Bye Karen

Unregistered
    My question is when do we get the Glock 9 mm pistols everyone keeps talking about? Will the switch be delayed because the money has been allocated to the body cams? There is only so much money in the budget so it looks like maybe next year it will happen, unless Bob finds some other useless piece of equipment to spend money on. There should have been a survey to check which equipment should have been purchased first. Let those who ride decide.
    Poor guy has a molle holster to fit a 9mm Glock, and his .45 won't fit. Can't have a Tic Tic video with a bad a$$ load bearing vest with no gun in it. Hurry sheriff, approve the 9mm and help this snowflake out!! Lol

Unregistered
    Poor guy has a molle holster to fit a 9mm Glock, and his .45 won't fit. Can't have a Tic Tic video with a bad a$$ load bearing vest with no gun in it. Hurry sheriff, approve the 9mm and help this snowflake out!! Lol
    Hey numbnuts, we used to carry the Beretta 9 mm before some army dinosaurs talked the brass into the .45. Outdated thinking for which we are still putting up with the G21. Even the army and FBI switched to 9 mm along with many agencies. When will this administration get with modern law enforcement practices and equipment? Too many wanna be operators who think the .45 s better to compensate for their own social life inadequacies.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234