Current hiring process
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Current hiring process

So I’m considering applying down at FMPD, Cape Coral PD, and Lee County.

I applied to a department up in DC but declined the offer after the entire process due to the current political climate here, no academy spots until April 2021, and wanting to move back to Florida.

I have followed your forum for a bit and I know y’all bust each other’s balls a lot and stuff but it seems like the majority think Cape and Lee are the better places to work.

1-What are the positives FMPD has over Lee county and CCPD? I know there has to be some. Maybe faster promotion opportunities?

2-What is process like? I know some departments have iffy polygraphs and psych results that fail candidates at higher rates than national average. I have done both and feel pretty confident though.

3-Is the drug test piss or hair? because I’m bald as shit.

4- This forum seems to not really be a fan of Diggs. Is that also the consensus department wide?

I’d love to hear from you guys, I know there has to be some positives for working at FMPD.

Thanks in advance.

Unregistered
    Go to Cape. The city is toxic. We're underpaid and underappreciated. As a rookie you'll do better there. People (me) stay because we're locked in, close to our last five. If I were young and just starting out I wouldn't be trapped.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

I applied to a department up in DC but declined the offer after the entire process due to the current political climate here, no academy spots until April 2021, and wanting to move back to Florida.

I have followed your forum for a bit and I know y’all bust each other’s balls a lot and stuff but it seems like the majority think Cape and Lee are the better places to work.

1-What are the positives FMPD has over Lee county and CCPD? I know there has to be some. Maybe faster promotion opportunities?

2-What is process like? I know some departments have iffy polygraphs and psych results that fail candidates at higher rates than national average. I have done both and feel pretty confident though.

4- This forum seems to not really be a fan of Diggs. Is that also the consensus department wide?

I’d love to hear from you guys, I know there has to be some positives for working at FMPD.

Thanks in advance.
    1. Every department has it's pros/cons. More overtime/details available here than the county has, not sure about Cape.

2/3. The hiring process is straightforward, drug test is urine as far as I know.

4. Diggs is never around and doesn't really affect my opinion of working here.

I would take this forum with a bucket load of salt.

Unregistered
    Is there even a formal interview anymore? For a while we just had a casual conversation at the physical assessment test

Unregistered

Thanks in advance.
    You already talk too much. If you have followed our forum for a bit, then why ask stupid questions. You sound like a kiss azz, so you could move up rank here very quick.

Unregistered
    Is there even a formal interview anymore? For a while we just had a casual conversation at the physical assessment test
    Captain Fields takes care of setting up for times and location at the PD

Unregistered
    1. Every department has it's pros/cons. More overtime/details available here than the county has, not sure about Cape.

2/3. The hiring process is straightforward, drug test is urine as far as I know.

4. Diggs is never around and doesn't really affect my opinion of working here.

I would take this forum with a bucket load of salt.

Thank you for that, I really appreciate it. Thanks everyone for your additions to this post.

I know at cape, shifts are staggered with newer officers and vets mixed together.
    What is FMPD like? Are all new officers overnight?

Not that mind much.

Unregistered
    There is. There’s the fitness test, then the oral board, followed by the back, then a conditional offer, then poly, psych, and drug test.

Btw the fitness test isn’t hard but only 7/13 people past the last one I believe. Cape Coral’s was a literal joke. All 68 of the people who took it last month passed. Swear to god there were some women who were pushing 300 who passed it.

Unregistered
    There is. There’s the fitness test, then the oral board, followed by the back, then a conditional offer, then poly, psych, and drug test.

Btw the fitness test isn’t hard but only 7/13 people past the last one I believe. Cape Coral’s was a literal joke. All 68 of the people who took it last month passed. Swear to god there were some women who were pushing 300 who passed it.
    It’s the run. Fmpd has the 1.5 mile cape has the get out of the car and run a few yards

Unregistered
    It’s the run. Fmpd has the 1.5 mile cape has the get out of the car and run a few yards
    Unfortunately you only have to pass it once...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast