Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If your in the hiring process that means you have been to the agency and still decided to proceed. Let me ask you two things 1) How old are you? and 2) Why do you want to do this? As far as talking to someone, if you put out a way to get in touch you will get a lot of responses, but do not expect a lot of positive feedback. You need to speak with rank and file, not the Sunshine up your A$$ all smiles recruitment team. That is a fact!

Late 20s, transitioning from a career in marketing for a large tech firm. Was going crazy sitting in an office doing unrewarding work and couldn’t imagine doing it for the rest of my life.

Grew up in a very violent housing project but always had my head on straight. Saw my cousin get killed in said project when I was 12. Figured if I could change a couple peoples lives for the better, it would be more rewarding than sitting in my cubicle for the next 40 years.

Recruitment has been great, the command staff I've met has been as well. But like I said, I’ve had zero opportunity to speak with any patrol officers regarding the department :/