Unmarked Tahoe misuse?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Unmarked Tahoe misuse?

Just this morning, I was over by Kingfield elementary on Kingsfield rd. Of course, next to that is Ransom Middle. At about a quarter to nine, we saw an unmarked tahoe pull up to ransom middle. At first we thought it was a supervisor coming to speak to the SRO there, but then we saw the unit sitting in the car rider line. It sat for a while and crept as the line crept. This took a bit. I got closer and looked and saw that the cruiser dropped a young WF off then took off EB on Kingsfield. The cruiser was gray blue and had a FL tag of JSQC89. The q may have been a 0. WTF? What is the sheriffs policy on handling your personal crap with the taxpayers vehicle and gas? Is this ok here? At my old agency, the use of a take home vehicle for personal use was prohibited with the exception of a "breif" stop to or from your house directly before or after a shift. I have friends at the ECSO and I know the shifts don't begin or end just before 9am! The other thing I though he or she may be doing is going to or from a gig, but what gigs to yall have that would begin or end at that time of day? Another thing that struck me is that at my old agency, it was prohibited to have family members in the cruiser without express permission of a supervisor beforehand and on a case by case basis. The people I was with were asking questions and were very 'WTFed' as well. I think someone is going to complain on this. There is little to any excuse you can have to handle your personal stuff on my dime as a taxpayer! Though, reading this board yall have, I sincerely doubt a complaint would do anything. Once you reach the world of an unmarked cruiser, you are kind of "in!" Square it away yall. Please. People ask me because they know I used to do it for a living, and I hate discussing that stuff. It makes us all look bad and cheap!

Unregistered
    Bull shit on this post. You weren’t there watching this. You know exactly who was driving that vehicle. You don’t like the person who was in the vehicle and are trying to get them in trouble.
    This has been a long-standing practice at the SO.
    No harm no foul. Officers use their unmarked vehicles for a lot of things on personal time. Hell some even use their marked cars.
    If you are serious about this and it truly bothers you contact the SO and file a complaint. And If you really worked For another agency you of all people would know what other agencies allow or don’t allow doesn’t matter. Move on and mind your own business.

Unregistered
    As a tax payer, I thought that the doings of a public office supported by said tax dollars were business that those said tax payers should mind.

Unregistered
    No one gives a crap. I also don't believe something someone who can't spell brief posts.

Unregistered
    So a police officer was at the school. That’s a very good thing. It makes our kids safer. I guess you’re also saying you know the time schedules of all 400 plus employees? It could’ve been an investigator going to court. At my 1st agency Deputies could drive their cruisers anywhere in the county. They were a little more strict here but cruisers in the community are a great idea. 3 things I believe from this post. 1) you were never a cop 2) you’re just a chronic complainer 3) you have a personal problem with whoever was driving that cruiser.

Unregistered
    Troll! You won't make a complaint or call a supervisor for clarification, but you'll make a complaint on a forum?

There are a number of reasons this could have happened, let's explore a possibility or two:

1. Wife/mom has vehicle issues and broke down on the side of the road, the deputy/dad was called so the child wouldn't be late,

2. Mom was involved in an accident the day before and since car rental companies are closed on Sunday, there wasn't another way to get the child to school,

3. Wife/mom woke up very sick and the deputy works a 9-5 shift but has to take their child to school and will be a few minutes late to the office.

Yep, there may be a policy violation, or maybe not since you never called. And big deal, it added another law enforcement officer at the school should some bad guy troll pop out and start shooting. If the deputy was speeding, running lights/sirens, driving through a median, or some other stupid thing, you would have a complaint to entertain but this is childish so move along.

Unregistered
    You may have noticed the question mark at the end of the thread title. This was a question asked based on perception. Yall can be counted upon for professionalism in your answers. Keep asking yourselves why people don't care for cops much! The blinding professional sunshine of ECSO!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You may have noticed the question mark at the end of the thread title. This was a question asked based on perception. Yall can be counted upon for professionalism in your answers. Keep asking yourselves why people don't care for cops much! The blinding professional sunshine of ECSO!
    It's not a question. Read the rambling paragraph. It's a statement.

Unregistered
    How about the deputy I saw at Chick-fil-A who got pissed at the cashier because she didn't give him a discount. He was rude and caused a scene until the poor girl gave him it. I don't believe he even paid anything because I never saw him give her any money. I can see one of them dropping a kid off at school because of work and school schedules so I disagree with the person who got mad about that. But no excuse for getting mad at a young girl just doing her job. He looked like he could have afforded to skip a few meals anyway. The caliper of people now a days that get hired to be cops is crazy I don't see how they could defend themselves let alone someone needing help. The guy at the restaurant looked like a slob and he probably ran out of breath walking back to his cop car. They should teach them how to talk to people like people instead of talking down to everyone.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The subject line was a question, the rest was a made-up story. Unless you work or were fired, what cop is going to come onto the ECSO LEO Affairs forum to post that story? I call bull*%&$.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast