12 hours
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12 hours

Unregistered

12 hours

Hey assssholes! Are 12 hour shifts not long enough? Is burnout even a concern? My second day getting off late! Because of no zone partners and a joke of a mid shift. The resentment towards this agency just builds and builds and that’s why so many are quitting. How about eliminate these fluff positions and put these Fukcers back on patrol where we need them!!!

Sorry assssholes but YOGA and meditation full are not going to cut it. EAP and our fancy overpaid internal psych Dr will just tell us to resign because there is no recovering from burn out while still being exposed at the source!! That’s a fact!! Especially when YOU YOU YOU are causing the burnout!

Unregistered
    Just got home. I should have logged off at 1800. Dispatched 15 min before 10 102. Barely a mid shift.

Unregistered
    Enjoy the overtime pay. Been there, done that. I agree it imposes on our personal life but that’s what we signed up for. Some are still furloughed or unemployed. We have job security. Try to have a positive outlook, the silver lining of the cloud. Is the glass half empty or half full?

Unregistered
    It’s rough. It’s long. We’ve all done it. Hang in there.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Enjoy the overtime pay. Been there, done that. I agree it imposes on our personal life but that’s what we signed up for. Some are still furloughed or unemployed. We have job security. Try to have a positive outlook, the silver lining of the cloud. Is the glass half empty or half full?
    I get it. Look on the bright side, but burnout is burnout. People are quitting. You can only look on the bright side for so long. Its not just long hours, but totally draining BS calls. How does an agency that claims to be so elite not have our mental health and longevity in mind. The overtime is not worth it after a few years.

Unregistered
    In this line of work, the not knowing is the single most destructive force.

Not knowing if we are going to be killed, hurt, fired, sued, in trouble, written up, complained on, made an example of, hit by a car, get in a crash, and so on...

Humans can be pretty darn resilient. However, with an end in sight. Nothing can be more of a motivator than an end In sight. I can personally do and or endure whatever as long as I know exactly when it will be over. The light at the end of the tunnel.

There is fukcing nothing worse than not knowing if and when these miserable god damn HCSO type 12 hour LEO shift will be over. Will I work 12 hours or 16 today. Its more

You would think these so called cokc sucker leaders of hours would make it a priority to get us home. They can do it. Look how they come out of the woodwork to get us to a CPID unit on a complete BS unfounded 730 call. Or when a supervisor gets dispatched to any paper call. How about show us the same priority? Maybe people will stop quitting in masses. You know actually care about us.

Unregistered
    Reactive
    Reactive
    Reactive

With all these fancy high paid psych doctors and behavioral unit this and EAP that, YOGA, meditation, boxing and all that fluff, someone with a brain would mention that the proactive approach to sustaining our mental health for the duration of this career should be factored in.

Starting with looking out for us. Simply by getting us home on time as a start.

Unregistered
    Are people really quitting in masses though?

Unregistered
    Hey assssholes! Are 12 hour shifts not long enough? Is burnout even a concern? My second day getting off late! Because of no zone partners and a joke of a mid shift. The resentment towards this agency just builds and builds and that’s why so many are quitting. How about eliminate these fluff positions and put these Fukcers back on patrol where we need them!!!

Sorry assssholes but YOGA and meditation full are not going to cut it. EAP and our fancy overpaid internal psych Dr will just tell us to resign because there is no recovering from burn out while still being exposed at the source!! That’s a fact!! Especially when YOU YOU YOU are causing the burnout!
    Just hang in there. I’m sure your overtime pay is good. 12 hours shifts are long but the days off are priceless. Find another outlet like the gym or take up a new hobby.

Unregistered
    Overtime pay???? you do realize if you have one of the supervisors that have no balls that we have to flex come-on buck-ass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast