Exit plan/military reserves
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Exit plan/military reserves

I'm finally joining the smartest group here. Wish someone had told me when I started, if you get activated for reserve military duty you can disappear for years and all your pension time counts. There's an officer in D2 that's been gone since 2013, absolutely brilliant. I have my appointment at MEPS next week.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm finally joining the smartest group here. Wish someone had told me when I started, if you get activated for reserve military duty you can disappear for years and all your pension time counts. There's an officer in D2 that's been gone since 2013, absolutely brilliant. I have my appointment at MEPS next week.
    There is one guy who will be gone his whole five years in the Drop. Good for him.

Unregistered
    I can't imagine why anyone would want to be "away" from such a great department. Thanks James!

Unregistered
    What’s the age limit to join? I googled it but the answers are all over the place.

Unregistered
    Great idea best of luck to all that go into military reserves, at least you will have the support of the president!

Unregistered
    The city has set a precedent with these scammers. The guy referenced has been “activated/deployed” in South Tampa for 9 years. When in was questioned to HR since federal law allows a maximum of 5 years, the city let him stay “employed” with the department. He is currently in DROP, but didn’t contribute to his pension for years but will get the benefit.

Unregistered

Who cares what vets do serving us.

Who cares if someone serves all 5 years in drop. They are working for military and for us. Just because they have an easy job doesn’t matter at all. For you carrying just shows you rarely arrest felons, have never been in fights with armed suspects, and couldn’t find a pursuit of it slammed into the rear of your car. TPD takes care of deployed vets. Your opinion doesn’t matter cause your career doesn’t matter. Good job to all vets.

Unregistered
    You said it, military guys what a bunch "scammers." I can't believe anyone would use established laws and city rules to their advantage, what a bunch of dumb asses.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The city has set a precedent with these scammers. The guy referenced has been “activated/deployed” in South Tampa for 9 years. When in was questioned to HR since federal law allows a maximum of 5 years, the city let him stay “employed” with the department. He is currently in DROP, but didn’t contribute to his pension for years but will get the benefit.
    You clearly have no idea what you are talking about...that "scammer" who has been "activated/deployed" in South Tampa, has spent 29 years in the military...has been on orders for the last four plus years (not nine...the board at d2 is wrong)...and in those four years he has been assigned to South Tampa, but has been all over centcom's area of operation, including Afghanistan, doing the work you can't/won't...so how about you just say thank you, or keep your mouth shut.

Unregistered
    This department would be so much better off if being a military vet & college or at least a two year degree were the requirements to get hired. That would eliminate all of the soy boys and femi-nazi chicks that TPD is now stuck with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast