Transferring to FLPD

Unregistered

Transferring to FLPD

How’s it going guys, I’ve been in law enforcement for about six years in NY Metro area, 2 of which in a detective capacity in narcotics work. Seriously debating making the move down to FL. I know policing how we know it is changed and what not, but I’m looking for a place that pays well with a solid retirement for my family and I since my state has completely turned its back on law enforcement with our new police accountability bill. From reading this forum I get there is quite the riff raff when it comes to brass, however it still seems like one of the best departments in FL. Any insight from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks!

Unregistered
    Basically... north Florida people love the police but you make no money. South Florida woke hate the police and you make over 100k a year easily

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    How’s it going guys, I’ve been in law enforcement for about six years in NY Metro area, 2 of which in a detective capacity in narcotics work. Seriously debating making the move down to FL. I know policing how we know it is changed and what not, but I’m looking for a place that pays well with a solid retirement for my family and I since my state has completely turned its back on law enforcement with our new police accountability bill. From reading this forum I get there is quite the riff raff when it comes to brass, however it still seems like one of the best departments in FL. Any insight from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Look into Palm Beach Sheriff's, Boca, Sunrise, even Coral Springs. The writing is on the wall here in Lauderdale, leftist city and politicans who hate LE, I'm counting down the months till I'm out.

Unregistered
    Look into Palm Beach Sheriff's, Boca, Sunrise, even Coral Springs. The writing is on the wall here in Lauderdale, leftist city and politicans who hate LE, I'm counting down the months till I'm out.
    If you want to be a real cop and do actual police work without being babysat don’t go to any of those places. If you want to be a real cop go to Martin county, volusia county, Polk county, Indian river. Will make probably half as much money but you can be a real cop without being babysat. Fort lauderdale is one of the last agencies in broward county where you can do police work without being babysat by supervisors but it’s becoming more and more democrat as the days go on with dumb policies coming out every week. It’s just one poor leadership change away from disaster. But for now it’s still a good place to work

Unregistered

FLPD Psych

I've been scheduled for my Psych at Woodlake Psychological with DR. Paul E. Bryan Jr. Does anyone know how the test was and how the interview was? Was it stressful? I currently have 4.5 years experience from another department in Broward County.

Unregistered
    I've been scheduled for my Psych at Woodlake Psychological with DR. Paul E. Bryan Jr. Does anyone know how the test was and how the interview was? Was it stressful? I currently have 4.5 years experience from another department in Broward County.

It’s standard stuff for broward county. If you went to the place in medley before which is where most broward agencies send people, this is pretty much the same thing just smaller.

Unregistered
    It’s standard stuff for broward county. If you went to the place in medley before which is where most broward agencies send people, this is pretty much the same thing just smaller.
    Thank you, just asking because LEPCA tends to DQ candidates for any reason. I was wondering if the Psych there was 10-4.

Unregistered
    Better have a blood relative if you plan on catching on with any of those places, unless you meet a visual requirement.

Unregistered

What are you trying to cover up?

The psychological testing is extremely stressful and difficult, there are online tutorials that you can take associated with law enforcement employment. Don't forget to study the urine analysis testing portion, it can reveal abuse of alcohol and drugs five years back.

Unregistered
    Adios!!! BYE!!!!