66 Police layoffs! Goodbye file for unemployment and federal covid assistance.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

66 Police layoffs! Goodbye file for unemployment and federal covid assistance.

Miami’s COVID budget passes with police layoffs, transformed NET and canceled events

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...#storylink=cpy

The force of COVID-19’s impact on the local economy reverberated through the city of Miami’s $1 billion budget that will cut more than 100 public safety jobs, close the municipal mini-dump to the public, cancel several cultural events and transform some neighborhood administrative centers into outposts for district commissioners.

After a marathon Thursday with long debates on extending the city’s motorized scooter program, the process for finding the next police chief and zoning issues, the budget dicussion did not begin until midnight.

Around 3:30 a.m. Friday, the budget passed unanimously.

FEWER POLICE OFFICERS AND FIREFIGHTERS

Officials said they could have minimized lost jobs if the city’s two largest labor unions representing police officers and firefighters had agreed to freeze their wages. City Manager Art Noriega and Mayor Francis Suarez said they appealed to the Miami’s Fraternal Order of Police and the Association of Fire Fighters, though they couldn’t cut a deal that would avoid layoffs.

Without an agreement for a large wage freeze, administrators instead approved cutting more than a dozen firefighters and 66 sworn police officers.

Between filled and unfilled jobs being eliminated in multiple departments, about 175 positions have been cut from the city’s 4,000-person workforce. According to a budget memo, the cuts will increase detectives’ workloads and curtail their time to investigate cases.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Miami’s COVID budget passes with police layoffs, transformed NET and canceled events

The force of COVID-19’s impact on the local economy reverberated through the city of Miami’s $1 billion budget that will cut more than 100 public safety jobs, close the municipal mini-dump to the public, cancel several cultural events and transform some neighborhood administrative centers into outposts for district commissioners.

After a marathon Thursday with long debates on extending the city’s motorized scooter program, the process for finding the next police chief and zoning issues, the budget dicussion did not begin until midnight.

Around 3:30 a.m. Friday, the budget passed unanimously.

FEWER POLICE OFFICERS AND FIREFIGHTERS

Officials said they could have minimized lost jobs if the city’s two largest labor unions representing police officers and firefighters had agreed to freeze their wages. City Manager Art Noriega and Mayor Francis Suarez said they appealed to the Miami’s Fraternal Order of Police and the Association of Fire Fighters, though they couldn’t cut a deal that would avoid layoffs.

Without an agreement for a large wage freeze, administrators instead approved cutting more than a dozen firefighters and 66 sworn police officers.

Between filled and unfilled jobs being eliminated in multiple departments, about 175 positions have been cut from the city’s 4,000-person workforce. According to a budget memo, the cuts will increase detectives’ workloads and curtail their time to investigate cases.

All talk back in 1995 Cesar Odio (City Manager) got Arrested by Feds for stealing city money.

The City was Bankrupt I was a Rookie out of the Academy I was going to be lay Off,Imagine that.

The City wanted to Fok us over and the Veterans Officers stood ground and said Rookies don’t worry About lay off they always use those scary Tactics it had never worked.

City just invested 30,000 on each and every one in the academy you think LAY off is the answer?

Miami Beach,County,Gables, BSO All love City Officers. That being said City loss it be others gain.

DONT TRUST THE REYES AND GIVE IN BY VOTING YES ON PAYCUTS.

WHATEVER YOU DO VOTE NO!

Don’t trust the administration either,all scary tactics.

Again don’t be scared all talk no action.

Thank me later!

Pay attention see what the FIRE department those,they never give in. Open your damn EYES don’t be afraid to challenge the FOP and City Hall.

David

Unregistered
    Well Rainbow Tommy and Matt the rat did it the first ever to actual have people laid off. It’s been threaded many times and pink slips cut, but this maybe a first. Great job you guys.

Unregistered
    People here, won't listen to reason. They will buy into what city hall is selling and the weak FOP, will say it's the best deal we can get for you. Have any director's pay been cut? What about all employed at city hall? Sure, some cuts need to be made but always at the expense of the working folks. If you cut a min of 10+% of all managers on up and that of our over paid staff. You would bring in a pretty penny. Cutting police and fire down to the bear min, will become a issue for officer safety and worst for the community. Yet, we got to make those stats!!! So, no Federal aid for this crisis? City hall has done this to it's self, cutting property taxes, to get votes and look where were are!!! So, does our staff need to make 6 figures to sit behind a desk and play police? Do away with commanders, cut Major's down to 8 combine units to make it happen. This won't go over well but it's a option they might try at some point. Make retirement 25 instead of 30. Now, don't shoot the one typing this, I've been on the receiving end, like most of you of city hall's stupid ways of running a large city. I heard one say, they might offer a buy out to some close to max retirement time. Well if your broke how can you offer any package to anyone?

Unregistered
    People here, won't listen to reason. They will buy into what city hall is selling and the weak FOP, will say it's the best deal we can get for you. Have any director's pay been cut? What about all employed at city hall? Sure, some cuts need to be made but always at the expense of the working folks. If you cut a min of 10+% of all managers on up and that of our over paid staff. You would bring in a pretty penny. Cutting police and fire down to the bear min, will become a issue for officer safety and worst for the community. Yet, we got to make those stats!!! So, no Federal aid for this crisis? City hall has done this to it's self, cutting property taxes, to get votes and look where were are!!! So, does our staff need to make 6 figures to sit behind a desk and play police? Do away with commanders, cut Major's down to 8 combine units to make it happen. This won't go over well but it's a option they might try at some point. Make retirement 25 instead of 30. Now, don't shoot the one typing this, I've been on the receiving end, like most of you of city hall's stupid ways of running a large city. I heard one say, they might offer a buy out to some close to max retirement time. Well if your broke how can you offer any package to anyone?
    Guess what you and I don’t make those decisions now do we. Your an employee and should do as your directed. If you dont like it go find another job.

Unregistered
    Sailor, I have three Bentleys, a yacht, and a 200K pension. Let me get my Stradivarius out and play a dirge while you go on.

I’m coming back. I need you to write me a memo and let me know what area do you want to go on midnights.

Stand down sailor that’s an order.

Submarine airborne OOHRAH

Unregistered
    Sailor, I have three Bentleys, a yacht, and a 200K pension. Let me get my Stradivarius out and play a dirge while you go on.

I’m coming back. I need you to write me a memo and let me know what area do you want to go on midnights.

Stand down sailor that’s an order.

Submarine airborne OOHRAH
    Dude, you were told years ago, to get that shot for V.D., now your like Big Al Capone. It's eating away at your brain. Your only coming back in a bad rerun, if you were worth, some of all you've claimed. You wouldn't have been walked out the building. So, now it's 3 R.R, a yacht and a fake pension? Your not collecting 200k in pension, your lucky if your getting 75K. You retired as a commander, with only 30. Your salary was near 121K or above it a wee-bit. So, Mr. Miami High, where did you learn math again? Why do you always try to out better everyone else? Once a lying douche, always a lying douche. Now, I get your playing the funny man and claim your joking but damn, Debra (Ron) fine a real job, that pay's, leoaffairs isn't going to pay you by the posts and lies you place all over this board. If, you keep wanting to play, Johnny on the spot and the departments badazz. I'll give your old buddy a call, when he retired. He moved way up North but I'm willing to foot the bill, to have him come back for a visit and it would be round 2 at the dustbowl (I know it's gone) but the memory of you getting SLAMMED! Running like a child, crying to Lt Baldwin. Bring a smile to my face, no matter what kind of day I'm having. See, Ron unlike you, I don't have to sell wolf tickets and call other out, see I don't need to say day-in and day-out, of how much money I've made, who's azz I might be able to kick, say what items I've accumulated over time. A child brags about things, especially what they don't have. Let use another one of your favorite sayings. On how your the only cook in the Navy to get elite training in a combat arms MOS, only to stand if front of a oven pulling pots out, when your told they are done.

Ron, why did you wait till after your retirement to start this airborne sh!t and you add to it with every story. You never been to Ranger school in 1985! You need at least 18 months left on your deployment to even get considered and you started here in what 86? This another one of your Miami High counting? You list way to many schools, so you had no time to apply your trade. You were in 4 years, with all the basic time it takes to complete ALL the schools you've listed. You needed to re-up again. Some of the schools you can't get in your 1st enlistment. You and I were in the military around the same time. I started before you, yes old too (****weed) Except, I more then doubled your enlistment time. What's really a mind blower!!!! We did meet once before we've both started here. It took a bit to place you and after reading your non-classified (that's right) DD-214 and listing to you talk. It clicked! Your tuna huller, gave up a ride, once. There were 6 of us, well 8 if you counted the package we came with and you were told to fix us something to eat. Then go away and leave us alone. Your life must really suck, now that, your uniforms were taken away. The navy and then MPD. You still haven't recovered from that and the lies only you can make. I'm your next this or that, always the cry baby b!tch but never what you've claimed is yours for the taking. Well Ron I was retired too, didn't want it but that's how life is, so instead of lying about coming back here. I was able to get hired on a Sheriff dept. within 6 weeks of applying, Not a bad place as places go. Our Sheriff is sort of like you a all around hero, great at giving speeches but no backbone. Especially near election times, he'll hang you out (like you've done) so to appear to the masses, that he is a the man.

Unregistered
    Trump 2020

Unregistered
    The city manager is a snake. He never answer any of the questions he was given in that zoom meeting and now he says that the FOP didn’t want to help in the city commission.

Unregistered
    The city manager is a snake. He never answer any of the questions he was given in that zoom meeting and now he says that the FOP didn’t want to help in the city commission.
    Fok him and the mayor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast