Climate Change? - Page 21
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Climate Change?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    No jeopardy prize for you. Just dumb. Sure you won't leave home without a gun and badge because without it you are a nobody. It validates your ego. Couldn't make the softball or football team, couldn't make it elsewhere. Surely you never got invited to the chess club. I understand buddy. It's ok. Dont get mad. Keep sniffing TPDs holsters. Merry Assmus pal.
    I love how you get all hot and bothered big boy.

Unregistered
    No further Climate Control surveys need to be done. A very quick fix, take King out of supervision of patrol and dealing with subordinates. Problem solved. Put him back somewhere in the office with his twin sister who had the same nasty personality and no people skills on dealing with people and caused terrible morale on the department. Put him over IA's, that is where he belongs and will succeed very well there in his career.

Unregistered
    Police Supervisors this one is for you. YOU DO NOT WORK FOR THE COMMAND STAFF. Sergeants, you don’t work for the Lieutenants and Captains. Corporals, you do not work for the Sergeants. You do not work for the Command Staff. You may answer to them for execution of policy and procedures and the missions handed down to you to accomplish but YOU WORK FOR THE PEOPLE THAT YOU SUPERVISE! YOU WORK FOR THE TEAM OR UNIT THAT YOU LEAD! Your shift. Your unit. Your team. Your people.

They will rise and fall, succeed or come up short in the environment that you foster. Based on the way you conduct yourself.

It is your job to equip them, train them and teach them. It is your job to work alongside them. It is your job to guide, motivate and encourage them. Then… you cut ‘em loose and let ‘em do their thing. Not everyone will do the job the way that you do it or have the same style as you and guess what? That is okay! As long as everyone reaches the same goal in a technically, tactically, ethically, morally sound way…well then it’s all good!

Don’t call them subordinates. The very word exalts you to position higher than them.

When you took that promotion, I hope you recognized what you were signing up for. Treat your people as equals. Give them a role in the decision-making process from time to time. Treat your people like ADULTS. Most, not all of them, but most of them will in return act accordingly. Treat your people like children and they will slowly devolve and act like children.

From time to time you will be placed in the Kobiashi Maru. For all you non-Star Trek fans that is the unwinnable scenario. Where you have to make the tough, unpopular decisions. That’s what you signed up for tough guy. Make the decisions. And do it like you have a set. Do the right thing at the right time the right way for the right reason.

Taking care of your people does not mean coddling them or letting them run amuck. Make ‘em be pros.

So by working for your team and not the command staff a funny thing happens. Your team will perform and perform well. And when your team performs well… the command staff is happy! Less complaints, less top-down criticism and better results. Weird huh?

Don’t get me wrong. This is not an easy way to be a SGT. It’s not easy being the first cop in and the last one out. Jump in there and help out with evidence vouchers and chain of custody sheets. If you get a cop stuck with 31 pieces of evidence to process at the end of the shift… well maybe it’s not a bad idea to not leave them sitting there with a pile of work while everyone else goes home. Grab some of the team. Knock out the work. As a team. Go home as a team.

You work for your people. That is all.

Unregistered
    Police Supervisors this one is for you. YOU DO NOT WORK FOR THE COMMAND STAFF. Sergeants, you don’t work for the Lieutenants and Captains. Corporals, you do not work for the Sergeants. You do not work for the Command Staff. You may answer to them for execution of policy and procedures and the missions handed down to you to accomplish but YOU WORK FOR THE PEOPLE THAT YOU SUPERVISE! YOU WORK FOR THE TEAM OR UNIT THAT YOU LEAD! Your shift. Your unit. Your team. Your people.

They will rise and fall, succeed or come up short in the environment that you foster. Based on the way you conduct yourself.

It is your job to equip them, train them and teach them. It is your job to work alongside them. It is your job to guide, motivate and encourage them. Then… you cut ‘em loose and let ‘em do their thing. Not everyone will do the job the way that you do it or have the same style as you and guess what? That is okay! As long as everyone reaches the same goal in a technically, tactically, ethically, morally sound way…well then it’s all good!

Don’t call them subordinates. The very word exalts you to position higher than them.

When you took that promotion, I hope you recognized what you were signing up for. Treat your people as equals. Give them a role in the decision-making process from time to time. Treat your people like ADULTS. Most, not all of them, but most of them will in return act accordingly. Treat your people like children and they will slowly devolve and act like children.

From time to time you will be placed in the Kobiashi Maru. For all you non-Star Trek fans that is the unwinnable scenario. Where you have to make the tough, unpopular decisions. That’s what you signed up for tough guy. Make the decisions. And do it like you have a set. Do the right thing at the right time the right way for the right reason.

Taking care of your people does not mean coddling them or letting them run amuck. Make ‘em be pros.

So by working for your team and not the command staff a funny thing happens. Your team will perform and perform well. And when your team performs well… the command staff is happy! Less complaints, less top-down criticism and better results. Weird huh?

Don’t get me wrong. This is not an easy way to be a SGT. It’s not easy being the first cop in and the last one out. Jump in there and help out with evidence vouchers and chain of custody sheets. If you get a cop stuck with 31 pieces of evidence to process at the end of the shift… well maybe it’s not a bad idea to not leave them sitting there with a pile of work while everyone else goes home. Grab some of the team. Knock out the work. As a team. Go home as a team.

You work for your people. That is all.
    You belong elsewhere. USF will not listen to logic or good leadership.

Unregistered
    We no longer have TRT? Wwhhhhaaatttt??? Nnooooooooo?

Unregistered
    You belong elsewhere. USF will not listen to logic or good leadership.
    Nice cut and paste job.

Unregistered
    We no longer have TRT? Wwhhhhaaatttt??? Nnooooooooo?
    Ya also get rid of that and those useless dogs. Come on man! a therapy dog...? What a waste of money and a police officer spot.. A volunteer civilian could do that like they do at the hospital, nursing homes, and children's homes. Old retired people are chomping at the bits for those type of volunteer positions.

Unregistered
    BS gas mask and helmets that will never be used, dogs...cars sitting around rotting without being used, and much more of wasted money. . Please let me take over the budget for this PD and see what I can do with the budget. Posted in the interest of this PD.

Unregistered
    BS gas mask and helmets that will never be used, dogs...cars sitting around rotting without being used, and much more of wasted money. . Please let me take over the budget for this PD and see what I can do with the budget. Posted in the interest of this PD.
    God you people are so ignorant. The attitude that you’ll never use a piece of equipment that is issued to you for your own safety. Just blows my mind. . . You people are so complacent and it’s going to bite you in the a** one day. Weren’t some of you just involved in a riot, where this type gear was scabbed together to keep you from being pelted by rocks?

The agency is right to prepare for the worst case scenario. I’m happy that they’re learning from their past mistakes, because it’s embarrassing when we look like absolute sh** to other agencies that call us for assistance or help us out when we need assistance. Stop being part of the problem and allow this place to evolve with the times.

Unregistered
    God you people are so ignorant. The attitude that you’ll never use a piece of equipment that is issued to you for your own safety. Just blows my mind. . . You people are so complacent and it’s going to bite you in the a** one day. Weren’t some of you just involved in a riot, where this type gear was scabbed together to keep you from being pelted by rocks?

The agency is right to prepare for the worst case scenario. I’m happy that they’re learning from their past mistakes, because it’s embarrassing when we look like absolute sh** to other agencies that call us for assistance or help us out when we need assistance. Stop being part of the problem and allow this place to evolve with the times.
    Its "Embarrassing as Shit" because the political correct idiots that run USF could give a Phuck about us.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast