Embarrassing - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Embarrassing

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is a big difference between turning in someone for wrong doing, and "telling" on someone for every little policy violation you see. Little violations happen here and there. Big difference also in "telling" or "tattling" and simply being truthful if asked specifically about something. I don't agree with lying, but i don't go out of my way to "tell." Cant trust someone if you're looking over your shoulder at them. Hard to carry on a conversation with someone if you're worried they're going to broadcast anything that may be construed as inappropriate. That said, I've never known JH to do any of that. He got lucky on a good assignment (or two). That's all. He's done well by Dom Security.
    I see you drive the short bus! Wrong doing and policy violation is the same thing! You would have to look over your shoulder if you weren't doing anything wrong.

Unregistered
    Pinney in gun crimes is a day to day policy violator. Not doing your job has to be against policy

Unregistered
    I see you drive the short bus! Wrong doing and policy violation is the same thing! You would have to look over your shoulder if you weren't doing anything wrong.
    So you've never violated policy??? Not even accidentally? You've never had three units at one restaurant? You've never NOT had your badge in the cruiser with you like you're required? Youve never accidentally left your wallet at the house with your DL in it and didn't realize it till you were 10-8 for a while? Never just thrown a cheap lighter from a suspect in the trunk of your cruiser vs. checking the .85 cent plastic lighter into evidence? Never accidentally been out of uniform accidentally? Never K kinged a BS DV even though you should have B boyed it? I could go on. We've all had some inadvertent policy violations. Nothing that can't be solved by us keeping each other in check or maybe the sarge talking to you about it. Not everything needs a write up, investigation and discipline attached to it!

Unregistered
    So, at no point in your career, even when you were a rookie on the road did you ever get tuned up by the Sargent for a minor policy violation? Never? I know, we all signed for it, but when you actually see it in context, it can take you by surprise. Never happened for you? You just got up and pissed excellence everyday? Right!

Unregistered
    So, at no point in your career, even when you were a rookie on the road did you ever get tuned up by the Sargent for a minor policy violation? Never? I know, we all signed for it, but when you actually see it in context, it can take you by surprise. Never happened for you? You just got up and pissed excellence everyday? Right!
    News flash folks! ALL POLICY is a way for a law enforcement agency (or company in the private sector) to reduce liability and accountability by placing blame on employees. It is a tool for the agency to assist survival. Sometimes it’s good and sometimes it’s bad. The truth is attorneys have created a necessity for policy at most every workplace. There is not a single employee that can report to work everyday and not violate a policy. Just because you violate policy doesn’t mean it will get attention each time. The policy is there to keep unwanted blame off the agency.

Unregistered
    It can be used to target and punish those who due not follow the whims and wishes of those who have selective eyes and the powers to make it sting!

Unregistered
    It can be used to target and punish those who due not follow the whims and wishes of those who have selective eyes and the powers to make it sting!
    Ah. The "Sting!" Sounds like the stinger has been turned around on someone.

Unregistered
    The sting is a metaphor for admin dart throwers trying to earn the blessings of the Knight.

Unregistered
    They don’t come any better than JH

Unregistered
    JH is a punk and a coward.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast