BWCs are now being used for nitpicking… and discipline - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    ABC 2020 all day everday...HOWEVER WE ARE PAID TO HELP PEOPLE IN DISTRESS. We hold down the fort until the person's that can help can come. For you to voice this shows you are in the wrong field. If it was one of your loved ones would you be reacting the same??
    NO NO NO FUCCKKING NO! We are made to do far more than just “hold down the fort”. Hold down the fort for what? For who to respond? There is no one! Help only comes snd happens with full on medical calls. EMS comes. When it’s criminal, it’s our job. However, when it’s addiction, mental health, crisis, or anything NOT full on medical and not full on criminal, there is no system and falls back on us. We would be more than happy to just “hold down the fort”. Like we do as first responders for EMS, or TECO, or County Maint. However, there is a void. We are being made the last buck for mental health and addiction. These are MEDICAL problems. Something is physically, mentally, biologically, or psychologically wrong with them! Not a crime! Not a police function. So on the end we get blamed for using too much force on the mentally ill and so on. Time to create an entity to deal with this. An entity that we would be happy to BACK UP. But they better do their god damn jobs because the Animal Control and FHP method of just dumping their calls on us needs to also stop.

We need to STOP going to calls where a 9 year old is breaking things. Only for us to get in trouble when we have to baker act them.

Unregistered
    NO NO NO FUCCKKING NO! We are made to do far more than just “hold down the fort”. Hold down the fort for what? For who to respond? There is no one! Help only comes snd happens with full on medical calls. EMS comes. When it’s criminal, it’s our job. However, when it’s addiction, mental health, crisis, or anything NOT full on medical and not full on criminal, there is no system and falls back on us. We would be more than happy to just “hold down the fort”. Like we do as first responders for EMS, or TECO, or County Maint. However, there is a void. We are being made the last buck for mental health and addiction. These are MEDICAL problems. Something is physically, mentally, biologically, or psychologically wrong with them! Not a crime! Not a police function. So on the end we get blamed for using too much force on the mentally ill and so on. Time to create an entity to deal with this. An entity that we would be happy to BACK UP. But they better do their god damn jobs because the Animal Control and FHP method of just dumping their calls on us needs to also stop.

We need to STOP going to calls where a 9 year old is breaking things. Only for us to get in trouble when we have to baker act them.

Amen to this. We need to start "staging" for EMS. Once EMS has the medical/psychological issued handled, then we will evaluate whether or not these individuals had criminal intent, and whether or not they had the ability to form criminal intent.

Unregistered

I agree with you. But fuk that shiit I am not getting in trouble for bullshiit I have not been properly trained.

Unregistered
    The most prominent case so far of “nitpicking” (as you call it) is a deputy moves evidence on a scene. Deputy claims they moved the evidence because their supervisor told them to. Review the video, that instruction never happened. If you will lie about that, what else do you lie about to cover your mistakes? That’s not nitpicking, that’s an integrity issue and should be addressed.

There’s more, shall I continue?

How about a major felony crime where a deputy writes that a particular person in said investigation made certain statements. Deputy writes these statements in their interview portion of the report and also referenced the same statements in their investigation text. Review the video which was on for the full duration of said deputy’s involvement on scene, and those statements were never made. These were multiple sentences of made up statements by the deputy, not the mixing of a word or two as you are implying.

There’s more, shall I continue?

Deputy responds to a warrant service and meets with a family member who owns the residence. Family member tells deputy that the wanted subject does live there, but had left an hour prior and should be back sometime later in the evening. Family member provides the vehicle the subject was driving and who it was registered to for the deputy to easily verify the tag and info provided. What does the deputy do? Updated the warrant service attempt to state the wanted subject doesn’t live there per family members and doesn’t make any note about the vehicle he was driving for future intel purposes or to track the subject later. I presume this was to ensure said deputy didn’t have to respond back out to check the warrant. Again, intentional bold-faced lies by a deputy for whatever reason.

Would you agree these are integrity issues and not simply nitpicking the shade of color of a shirt? These are Brady issues, especially the previous example I provided with a deputy saying an individual said something that they didn’t say. One would think with a camera on your chest rolling for the duration of your call that you wouldn’t lie in your reports any longer.

There’s more examples if you’d like to hear them. Again, major issues for a case and not just nitpicking an exchanged word or the color of a shirt. Maybe you should review your video when writing a report about a major case, or maybe at a minimum just don’t lie, exaggerate, or make stuff up.
    Wow. Thank you I was concerned but assumed there was more to the story. Finishing up my time in NY & I applied here. We went through something similar to the original post, but end of the day it was the same issues as you stated above. Always more to the story. Excellent Post and thank you. I see regardless of the Agency & State it’s the same shi- everywhere. Some hate it some love it. Hopefully you all come together when shit hits the fan.

Unregistered

BWC used to make fun of deputies in D4

Are there any other supervisors out there that use the BWC to Nick pick or poke fun of deputies? A few roll calls ago Sgt. SN-d4 decided to play back a video of a kilo deputy and started making fun of the deputy in front of others in roll Call. The deputy went along with it because really he has no other choice. If he complains that supervisor will just bully him some more. This is the same Sgt. that should have gotten denoted after he, for no reason, started Nick picking a black deputy. I thought it was racially motivated. Same douchebag sgt.that likes to grope and say inappropriate shiitt to his female deputies and acts as if he is horseplaying. I wonder if he has groped his new cpl? In the past he told his deputies that in order for him to view videos they need to be assigned to him. Not sure how true that is.

Sorry I went on a tangent, but really are there other supervisors that do the same?

Unregistered
    I'm not a lawyer and I didn't sleep in a Holliday Inn express last night but given to the right attorney, that sounds like a HUGE civil rights violation. In fact, it sounds like there were several violations mostly the groping, if they did in fact occur.

Unregistered
    I'm not a lawyer and I didn't sleep in a Holliday Inn express last night but given to the right attorney, that sounds like a HUGE civil rights violation. In fact, it sounds like there were several violations mostly the groping, if they did in fact occur.
    Truly agree. I work with the supervisor they speak off and for some reason he forgot how it felt when he used to get bullied as a patrol deputy and corporal. In SC we used to call him pappipotamus. One would say we were wrong for calling him names; But, given the hell and lies he put us through when our sergeant would take off IT WAS VERY WELL DESERVED!!! From what I hear he still lies and likes to bend the truth, yet he has the nerve to talk bad about LT. HW. They are both twins when it comes to policing and supervising. HW needs to retire and SN needs to get demoted. They can not be trusted!

Unregistered
    Truly agree. I work with the supervisor they speak off and for some reason he forgot how it felt when he used to get bullied as a patrol deputy and corporal. In SC we used to call him pappipotamus. One would say we were wrong for calling him names; But, given the hell and lies he put us through when our sergeant would take off IT WAS VERY WELL DESERVED!!! From what I hear he still lies and likes to bend the truth, yet he has the nerve to talk bad about LT. HW. They are both twins when it comes to policing and supervising. HW needs to retire and SN needs to get demoted. They can not be trusted!
    So because this demented miserable dumb a*shole got made fun of for being a jackass back in his day he then takes it out on people who didn’t know him when he was being himself? Fukc SN. He is going to harass or grope the wrong deputy and find himself in some shite he cannot get out of.

Unregistered
    We all knew the BWC’s would bring the garbage supervisors to light. Here is the example. Our real leaders don’t this this crap.

Thank you to the humble supervisors that lead us and keep us here. You know who you are. We respect you. Many of us, especially me, are still here and have not told everyone to fukc off and quit ONLY because of you.

Thank you

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345