BWCs are now being used for nitpicking… and discipline - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Really? That's all you got? That's like saying BWC are here to prevent deputies from shoplifting on duty. C'mon......

The examples you gave have NOTHING to do with nitpicking. It's amazing how you are pre-programmed to argue with me, while you agree with my points. Your examples above are exactly what BWCs should be used to prevent. But BWCs should not be used to nitpick anything in the OP, like the color of a shirt (even you mentioned how ridiculous this is) or anything similar. So stop agreeing with me, in an argumentative tone.

Instead of doing nothing but biitching, give an example of nitpicking you are complaining about. A rant accomplishes nothing.

Unregistered
    Instead of doing nothing but biitching, give an example of nitpicking you are complaining about. A rant accomplishes nothing.
    Such as supervisors reviewing them and suggestion perhaps i should have handled it a certain way or perhaps I should have asked these questions. If you are my supervisor and want me to do all that then you need to show up on scene and you conduct the investigation. And yes I do get constructive criticism I get it however if I'm not mistaken the SOP does read that a supervisor should not be doing that they are only supposed to review videos when the system assigns them the videos to review not at free will cuz you don't have anything to do throughout the day

Unregistered
    Such as supervisors reviewing them and suggestion perhaps i should have handled it a certain way or perhaps I should have asked these questions. If you are my supervisor and want me to do all that then you need to show up on scene and you conduct the investigation. And yes I do get constructive criticism I get it however if I'm not mistaken the SOP does read that a supervisor should not be doing that they are only supposed to review videos when the system assigns them the videos to review not at free will cuz you don't have anything to do throughout the day
    Totally agree, yes, that can be annoying af! However, that is, as you said constructive criticism. You will get that anywhere you work. If they have something real to add, just learn from it. Or maybe it opens the door to another question and you learn from that. If it's just blah, blah, blah, just nod.

My point is, it doesn't have to be a bad thing. Look at it as a tool to learn from and help you write more accurate reports. It also may save your bacon in a he said/she said.

Unregistered
    Totally agree, yes, that can be annoying af! However, that is, as you said constructive criticism. You will get that anywhere you work. If they have something real to add, just learn from it. Or maybe it opens the door to another question and you learn from that. If it's just blah, blah, blah, just nod.

My point is, it doesn't have to be a bad thing. Look at it as a tool to learn from and help you write more accurate reports. It also may save your bacon in a he said/she said.
    Okay I can accept that. My supervisors are fair people anyways. Especially my corporal.
    I used to work for Todd and Howard and without a shadow of doubt they will use the videos to somehow manipulate some SOP to fit their agenda. just like Todd sends a big azz synopsis on how we should work a call before we even get there ... he will find away to manipulate the video to work against the deputy.
    I know Howard will probably not show up to a scene especially now that there is camera going. And speaking of him...why the hell is he still here? You would think as much crap he talks about non whites and women LEO he would have left long ago.

Unregistered
    ...My point is, it doesn't have to be a bad thing...
    Then why IS it only used as a bad thing?
    Why is it ONLY used as discipline tool?
    Why is it only used for a bittcchhing, I mean "counseling," session?

Why don't we hear of supervisors writing letters of commendation, or something similar, after reviewing BWC footage from a call handled properly? When a deputy completes all the steps he/she is supposed to, and/or does more than required? Why are BWC videos not being used to help choose deputy of the month/quarter?

Supervisors will make having to use BWCs more bearable, or more to bear.

Unregistered

Why don't we hear of supervisors writing letters of commendation, or something similar, after reviewing BWC footage from a call handled properly? When a deputy completes all the steps he/she is supposed to, and/or does more than required? Why are BWC videos not being used to help choose deputy of the month/quarter?

It hasn't been that long. Maybe nothing commendable has been done yet??

Unregistered
    It hasn't been that long. Maybe nothing commendable has been done yet??
    "It hasn't been that long" yet, but long enough for plenty of nitpicking and discipline to occur.

Unregistered

How about these supervisors start taking some of these holding calls? Remember the days when they used to help us? Now, we are holding 10-15 calls and they’re at the district hanging out or watching BWC footage. If you want us to take the time to work the case the way you want it done, then carry the load so we have time to do that. Otherwise, stop your *****hhing.

Unregistered
    "It hasn't been that long" yet, but long enough for plenty of nitpicking and discipline to occur.
    Geez dude, I dont know what more to.tell you. I have not seen that yet. Probably just like with anything else new, it's a learning curve.

As I said before, try not to be so negative and use it to you advantage.

Unregistered
    Here's an idea, keep your BWC on while your supervisor is chewing your a$$. Now you can start to build a your own library!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast