BWCs are now being used for nitpicking… and discipline - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Unregistered
    Some of us are buffered from all the garbage by a great set of supervisors. You supervisors know who you are. The ones that treat us like adults. For that I thank you. You are the reason many of us are still here. However, I’m one bad supervisor away from mother****ing everyone and quitting on the spot. I’ll take all my HCSO crap, throw it in my patrol car, and have it towed to the SOC. No two week notice. No memo. Just deal directly through HR and give this agency a big FU!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Some of us are buffered from all the garbage by a great set of supervisors. You supervisors know who you are. The ones that treat us like adults. For that I thank you. You are the reason many of us are still here. However, I’m one bad supervisor away from mother****ing everyone and quitting on the spot. I’ll take all my HCSO crap, throw it in my patrol car, and have it towed to the SOC. No two week notice. No memo. Just deal directly through HR and give this agency a big FU!
    You are going about it the wrong way. Every contact should have a report, the contact video is placed into the report. If an interview is conducted your report reflects it was A recorded encounter and interview. Place the video into evidence and your report reflects such and the interview is a synopsis, and reference the video.

Unregistered
    You are going about it the wrong way. Every contact should have a report, the contact video is placed into the report. If an interview is conducted your report reflects it was A recorded encounter and interview. Place the video into evidence and your report reflects such and the interview is a synopsis, and reference the video.
    Neighborhood surveys. There is no way in helll we should ask for some random person for all their personal information on their door step just to populate a database (the real reason why we do it) only to link that person to a pointless interview of no value. That is a waste of our time and something we should not be put in a position to do. People do not want to give us their personal info and shouldn't, ESPECIALLY if they are not a witness to a crime! Not to mention the obvious. We are too damn short handed to do pointless tasks just to make something look good. The “It only takes 5 minutes” factor is the god damn cancer of policing. 5 min here and 5 min there add up to hours. Plus holding calls, down reports, and non stop emergency calls. Not to mention a moronic outdated Calls for Service SOP that’s says we will complete all tasks by the end of the shift but also take calls to the end of the shift. The last damn second of the shift if you leave yourself open to these dispatchers. Have a long talk with just about any retired cop from any other agency than ours that have come to the HCSO and quit years after. They say the same things. We document a whole lot of nothing. Reporting by exception. “I didn’t do this, I didn’t do that, I didn’t find this, I couldn’t get that.” We should only document actions and items of positive value. Elements, evidence, and so on. Things that move the case forward. This agency has lost all sight of what our job is and wastes a tremendous amount of time. Time we don’t have. Too many non front lines people working here trying to justify their pointless overpaid positions so they create pet projects and nit pick tasks to look and feel important. Tasks that ultimately fall on the primary front lines first responders who are the lowest staffed compared to the job that they do. Start leading from a place of logic and maybe slow down the bleeding of people quitting. Here is a secret. Most are quitting because all the annoying pointless BS we are made to do without the time, staffing, or support. Maybe start fixing with small trivial things like this that actually go a long way for us in the actual field.

Unregistered

ROFLMAO!

You do realize this would limit us too, at most, 3 calls a day right?
    That's busy work, just for the sake of being busy.
    If we have to write a report, and impound "evidence" (video or what ever else the flavor of the month is), and we get 3 Contact Message/Welfare Checks a shift because Billy Bob won't answer his phone - so he must be depressed (hey let's send a law enforcement officer to do the job of a social worker or a psychiatrist), that means all 12 hours are gone. If you think we're short on the street now, watch what happens after this policy is implemented.

I know the above post was mentioned tongue in cheek, but when you kid around with these outrageous suggestions, our brass takes them seriously.

Unregisteredmi
    Did anyone watch the training video? We only create a property tag for anyone we take in custody. We don't have to do anything else. The actual video is stored in evidence.com not our evidence room. Also in all reports mention you the BWC was utilized during your investigation. I also believe if no report is written you can indicate on the CAD call that the BWC was activated.

And regarding neighbourhood surveys if they don't want to give you info better for you. Just say they refused.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredmi View Post
    Did anyone watch the training video? We only create a property tag for anyone we take in custody. We don't have to do anything else. The actual video is stored in evidence.com not our evidence room. Also in all reports mention you the BWC was utilized during your investigation. I also believe if no report is written you can indicate on the CAD call that the BWC was activated.

And regarding neighbourhood surveys if they don't want to give you info better for you. Just say they refused.

I just came here to say same. Watch the dadgum training videos. If something doesn't make sense, ASK.

Unregistered
    ROFLMAO!

You do realize this would limit us too, at most, 3 calls a day right?
    That's busy work, just for the sake of being busy.
    If we have to write a report, and impound "evidence" (video or what ever else the flavor of the month is), and we get 3 Contact Message/Welfare Checks a shift because Billy Bob won't answer his phone - so he must be depressed (hey let's send a law enforcement officer to do the job of a social worker or a psychiatrist), that means all 12 hours are gone. If you think we're short on the street now, watch what happens after this policy is implemented.

I know the above post was mentioned tongue in cheek, but when you kid around with these outrageous suggestions, our brass takes them seriously.
    Exactly. This state, county, and agency has failed its people by using police to bridge the mental illness and addiction gap that lies between emergency medical (EMS) and law enforcement. Medical is medical, law enforcement is law enforcement, and mental health / addiction is a separate matter that should be handled by a third entity. We are not the answer.

Unregistered
    Exactly. This state, county, and agency has failed its people by using police to bridge the mental illness and addiction gap that lies between emergency medical (EMS) and law enforcement. Medical is medical, law enforcement is law enforcement, and mental health / addiction is a separate matter that should be handled by a third entity. We are not the answer.
    FACTS!

We are LAW ENFORCEMENT officials. If someone is suicidal, why is a law enforcement officer sent? What crime is broken if that person succeeds in killing themself? Suicide IS NOT ILLEGAL.

Should suicidal subjects be sent someone to try and help them? YES! But why do we send LAW ENFORCEMENT officials? Would you send a county attorney, or a county commissioner to help someone who's pipe burst and is flooding their house? No. you send a plumber.

UnFUKCINg real

Unregistered
    FACTS!

We are LAW ENFORCEMENT officials. If someone is suicidal, why is a law enforcement officer sent? What crime is broken if that person succeeds in killing themself? Suicide IS NOT ILLEGAL.

Should suicidal subjects be sent someone to try and help them? YES! But why do we send LAW ENFORCEMENT officials? Would you send a county attorney, or a county commissioner to help someone who's pipe burst and is flooding their house? No. you send a plumber.

UnFUKCINg real
    ABC 2020 all day everday...HOWEVER WE ARE PAID TO HELP PEOPLE IN DISTRESS. We hold down the fort until the person's that can help can come. For you to voice this shows you are in the wrong field. If it was one of your loved ones would you be reacting the same??

Unregistered
    ABC 2020 all day everday...HOWEVER WE ARE PAID TO HELP PEOPLE IN DISTRESS. We hold down the fort until the person's that can help can come. For you to voice this shows you are in the wrong field. If it was one of your loved ones would you be reacting the same??
    Absolutely not.

Only a mental health professional(s) should be sent to deal with a mental crisis, of a person threatening no one but themself. To send any other profession, anyone who does not specialize in mental health, is the actual definition of malpractice.

Malpractice is "improper, or negligent professional behavior."

Sending anyone who does not specialize (have advanced degrees in, and have demonstrated proficiency) in mental health is very improper, and is certainly negligent professional behavior.

Should any professional of ANY occupation be sent to my family member threatening suicide, RATHER THAN a qualified mental health profession who has demonstrated proficiency, and my family member kills themself afterward, not only would I litigate the ever loving shiit out of every one involved, but I would probably end up in prison. I would physically tear them apart, because they KNEW they should have sent a mental health professional to do the job ONLY a mental health professional is qualified to do.

That's equivalent to sending a law enforcement officer in to the emergency room to perform a surgery.
    That's "improper."
    That's negligent professional behavior."

That is MALPRACTICE.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast