BWCs are now being used for nitpicking… and discipline
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

BWCs are now being used for nitpicking… and discipline

The nitpicking, and discipline from BWC footage has officially begun.

There are at least 3 cases that I know of (there’s probably more that I don’t know of) on my platoon, where deputies are facing discipline, and an insane amount of assinine nitpicking. All because their reports did not reflect 100000000000% of what was on the BWC footage.

Every single word must be accounted for, yes all of them. And every single word must be 100000000000% accurate including tone and inflection. If your report says a green shirt, but the BWC footage shows a pale sage colored shirt, or if the complainant said “bakery” but your report said “donut shop,” you will now face nitpiking, and/or discipline.

Standby for an onlslaught of “untruthfulness” cases.
    Standby for a barrage of “We’re so disappointed” counseling sessions and observation forms.

And they wonder why 300+ employees quit last month.

STANDBY…

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

There are at least 3 cases that I know of (there’s probably more that I don’t know of) on my platoon, where deputies are facing discipline, and an insane amount of assinine nitpicking. All because their reports did not reflect 100000000000% of what was on the BWC footage.

Every single word must be accounted for, yes all of them. And every single word must be 100000000000% accurate including tone and inflection. If your report says a green shirt, but the BWC footage shows a pale sage colored shirt, or if the complainant said “bakery” but your report said “donut shop,” you will now face nitpiking, and/or discipline.

Standby for a barrage of “We’re so disappointed” counseling sessions and observation forms.

STANDBY…
    Guess you can’t lie in your reports any longer by saying you did something that you didn’t do. Imagine that... nobody is nitpicking the shade of color of a shirt. The issue is a deputy said they did something and they didn’t do it, and it was crucial to the case. That’s a problem no matter how you malcontents spin it.

Unregistered
    Guess you can’t lie in your reports any longer by saying you did something that you didn’t do. Imagine that... nobody is nitpicking the shade of color of a shirt. The issue is a deputy said they did something and they didn’t do it, and it was crucial to the case. That’s a problem no matter how you malcontents spin it.
    Oh really? Which of the 3 cases mentioned had a deputy say they did something that they didn't do? Which of the 3 case was "it" crucial to? And you said nobody is nitpicking the shade of a color of a shirt... STANDBY! The nitpicking has begun.

Unregistered

STANDBY…
    We all knew it was a matter of time before the cameras were used against us. Why do you think so many of us are leaving them at the districts? The sad part is that they couldn’t even wait until everyone had one before the bullying started.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post

and they wonder why 300+ employees quit last month.

bingo !

Unregistered
    Oh really? Which of the 3 cases mentioned had a deputy say they did something that they didn't do? Which of the 3 case was "it" crucial to? And you said nobody is nitpicking the shade of a color of a shirt... STANDBY! The nitpicking has begun.
    The most prominent case so far of “nitpicking” (as you call it) is a deputy moves evidence on a scene. Deputy claims they moved the evidence because their supervisor told them to. Review the video, that instruction never happened. If you will lie about that, what else do you lie about to cover your mistakes? That’s not nitpicking, that’s an integrity issue and should be addressed.

There’s more, shall I continue?

How about a major felony crime where a deputy writes that a particular person in said investigation made certain statements. Deputy writes these statements in their interview portion of the report and also referenced the same statements in their investigation text. Review the video which was on for the full duration of said deputy’s involvement on scene, and those statements were never made. These were multiple sentences of made up statements by the deputy, not the mixing of a word or two as you are implying.

Deputy responds to a warrant service and meets with a family member who owns the residence. Family member tells deputy that the wanted subject does live there, but had left an hour prior and should be back sometime later in the evening. Family member provides the vehicle the subject was driving and who it was registered to for the deputy to easily verify the tag and info provided. What does the deputy do? Updated the warrant service attempt to state the wanted subject doesn’t live there per family members and doesn’t make any note about the vehicle he was driving for future intel purposes or to track the subject later. I presume this was to ensure said deputy didn’t have to respond back out to check the warrant. Again, intentional bold-faced lies by a deputy for whatever reason.

Would you agree these are integrity issues and not simply nitpicking the shade of color of a shirt? These are Brady issues, especially the previous example I provided with a deputy saying an individual said something that they didn’t say. One would think with a camera on your chest rolling for the duration of your call that you wouldn’t lie in your reports any longer.

There’s more examples if you’d like to hear them. Again, major issues for a case and not just nitpicking an exchanged word or the color of a shirt. Maybe you should review your video when writing a report about a major case, or maybe at a minimum just don’t lie, exaggerate, or make stuff up.

Unregistered
    The most prominent case so far of “nitpicking” (as you call it) is a deputy moves evidence on a scene. Deputy claims they moved the evidence because their supervisor told them to. Review the video, that instruction never happened. If you will lie about that, what else do you lie about to cover your mistakes? That’s not nitpicking, that’s an integrity issue and should be addressed.

How about a major felony crime where a deputy writes that a particular person in said investigation made certain statements. Deputy writes these statements in their interview portion of the report and also referenced the same statements in their investigation text. Review the video which was on for the full duration of said deputy’s involvement on scene, and those statements were never made. These were multiple sentences of made up statements by the deputy, not the mixing of a word or two as you are implying.

Deputy responds to a warrant service and meets with a family member who owns the residence. Family member tells deputy that the wanted subject does live there, but had left an hour prior and should be back sometime later in the evening. Family member provides the vehicle the subject was driving and who it was registered to for the deputy to easily verify the tag and info provided. What does the deputy do? Updated the warrant service attempt to state the wanted subject doesn’t live there per family members and doesn’t make any note about the vehicle he was driving for future intel purposes or to track the subject later. I presume this was to ensure said deputy didn’t have to respond back out to check the warrant. Again, intentional bold-faced lies by a deputy for whatever reason.

Would you agree these are integrity issues and not simply nitpicking the shade of color of a shirt? These are Brady issues, especially the previous example I provided with a deputy saying an individual said something that they didn’t say. One would think with a camera on your chest rolling for the duration of your call that you wouldn’t lie in your reports any longer.

There’s more examples if you’d like to hear them. Again, major issues for a case and not just nitpicking an exchanged word or the color of a shirt. Maybe you should review your video when writing a report about a major case, or maybe at a minimum just don’t lie, exaggerate, or make stuff up.

I knew cameras were coming, it's the world in which we live. Everyone I know has cameras on their homes and property. I also knew they had the possibility of catching a deputy saying/doing something outside SOP.

But for myself, I was ok with using it to help me write a more accurate report. I have always had a shizz memory and have found reviewing it very helpful.

I know haters will disagree, but just think about using it to your advantage, like when writing reports.

Unregistered
    I knew cameras were coming, it's the world in which we live. Everyone I know has cameras on their homes and property. I also knew they had the possibility of catching a deputy saying/doing something outside SOP.

But for myself, I was ok with using it to help me write a more accurate report. I have always had a shizz memory and have found reviewing it very helpful.

I know haters will disagree, but just think about using it to your advantage, like when writing reports.
    I agreed thery are a great Advantage however I can see D4 Todd A. And Howard W using to burn people when they can not go after them face to face.

Unregistered
    Its not about lying. Reports only should contain information which support criminal elements or observations for a Baker Act or Marchman Act. The rest is fluff and redundant. Interviews should only contain a summary to meet the criteria of a criminal allegation. Some people offer interviews of zero value and are not necessary on a report. That could be seen as leaving things out on a report. A real investigator would understand that. An idiot would not. A real leader would and could defend that. A piss poor leader would and could not, do would have to nit pick. Otherwise, why do we even have reports? Our reports should be our footage. Also, we all saw this coming. This agency is known for nit picking and fluff. Hence why more than 50 people resigned in Aug alone.

Unregistered
    I agreed thery are a great Advantage however I can see D4 Todd A. And Howard W using to burn people when they can not go after them face to face.
    Exactly this!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast