Police Academy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Police Academy

Special Agent 13

Police Academy

Is the Police Academy still how it use to be? Great TA’s with a strong and supportive environment? I’ve been hearing mixed comments.

Unregistered
    Go see the PBA. First pay tour dues so Steadman can have lunch.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nope, bunch of assholes on steroids, with a boosted ego.

Unregistered
    Thread obviously started by a troll with an axe to grind. Probably the same person started the thread and posted all 3 comments. Whackos. No way you should be an officer and have a fun and badge. God help us

Unregistered
    Steadman has been packing on the tonage.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Special Agent 13 View Post
    Is the Police Academy still how it use to be? Great TA’s with a strong and supportive environment? I’ve been hearing mixed comments.
    No. Those that actually made this department have long ago retired. Even before retirement they were up to date and had experience. Sgt. G. Cook, Sgt. Rasmussen, Sgt. J. Burns, Sgt. J. Gregorisch, Ofc. S. Holtz, Ofc. Kelly, Ofc. C. Coffee, Ofc. Mark Fiscaletti, Ofc. Ozzy Robles, Ofc. Nunez, Ofc. John Delgado, and more.

New personnel don't have that extra quality and the ones that are there for a little while get taken away or pushed out for less qualified. And there's a question about why our department is in the state it is? I have a year to go and am sad at the loss of quality. It is not because the department couldn't but because it doesn't want to keep quality. They put more effort into politics. Shame.

Unregistered
    No. Those that actually made this department have long ago retired. Even before retirement they were up to date and had experience. Sgt. G. Cook, Sgt. Rasmussen, Sgt. J. Burns, Sgt. J. Gregorisch, Ofc. S. Holtz, Ofc. Kelly, Ofc. C. Coffee, Ofc. Mark Fiscaletti, Ofc. Ozzy Robles, Ofc. Nunez, Ofc. John Delgado, and more.

New personnel don't have that extra quality and the ones that are there for a little while get taken away or pushed out for less qualified. And there's a question about why our department is in the state it is? I have a year to go and am sad at the loss of quality. It is not because the department couldn't but because it doesn't want to keep quality. They put more effort into politics. Shame.
    To be a police instructor it helps if you’ve done some time on the road.

Unregistered
    That is the most important qualification. So many wanted to get off the road as soon as they clear probation to get hooked up and went from one 'specialized' unit to another. They think that is well rounded but the academy us for ROAD PATROL.
    It is that simple.
    A TA/DI with 1 year on the road and then CST, PRT, GIU, CAU, NRU, and HQ bureau history doesn't have the UNIFORM ROAD PATROL EXPERIENCE to pass on the new rookies who need that experience guiding them to succeed when they graduate.
    I've done investigations. It is a world away from the road and ask anyone who is off the road if they want to go back to the road. They don't because there is just to much to have to know on the road compared to the routine process of the specialized limited function. They want to do less and be praised. They want safety of not being first on the scene. I know because every command staff shuffle causes fear of getting rotated out.

Special Agent 13

How sad. I started with some of those guys, amazing people. Now that I’m coming back after 20 plus years it will difficult if what I hear is true but let’s see. The academy was by far one of the best experiences of my life. The support to make it was always there, hopefully at least that is not gone.

Unregistered
    Oh like the last pick they took who was on the road for a total of 6 months and then in PRT. Yea great pick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast