Really? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Really?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is pathetic is that when district 5 is slow and busting at the seams District 2 or District 4 or D1 gets there azzees handed to them. You think d5 command staff would be generous enough to offer 2 or 3 people to alleviate the work load...but no they won't. You know why? Because their leader lacks experience and gift of foresight. Among other things he has or has not done. His lack of experience and the way he speaks with his buddies constantly using the N word when they think no one is around. Smh. A.c. walls have eyes and ears and everyone recognizes your stupid school boy voice.
    D5 had 3 units logged on one squad the other day. By no means are they busting at the seams. Some districts have offered OT to offer assistance right now with all of the training.

Unregistered
    D5 had 3 units logged on one squad the other day. By no means are they busting at the seams. Some districts have offered OT to offer assistance right now with all of the training.
    Days change you know.

Unregistered
    Don't rush to get to two dep calls. Coordinate getting there at the same time. The archaic thinking of days past don't account for the atmosphere of todays times. Need to cover each other and not getting there two minutes before anybody else and screaming for a backup. Plus you will need another witness in case of a complaint. Response times need to take a backseat to safety.

Unregistered
    Don't rush to get to two dep calls. Coordinate getting there at the same time. The archaic thinking of days past don't account for the atmosphere of todays times. Need to cover each other and not getting there two minutes before anybody else and screaming for a backup. Plus you will need another witness in case of a complaint. Response times need to take a backseat to safety.
    True that. We are the priority in this job. We owe it to our loved ones to make sure we make it home in one peace. I truly respect the supervisors that go out on calls with us when I need a 94. As long they aren't micro managing me all is good.

Unregistered
    3 deputies logged on tonight. Thanks HCSO for doing the most!

Unregistered
    3 deputies logged on tonight. Thanks HCSO for doing the most!
    We are missing 20 people tonight from our entire district, but it’s worth it for Chad to get votes (eye roll).

Unregistered
    We are missing 20 people tonight from our entire district, but it’s worth it for Chad to get votes (eye roll).
    If you are so short, why in the helll are you posting on here??

Unregistered
    If you are so short, why in the helll are you posting on here??
    Because every voter needs to know how bad things have gotten and just how dangerously short handed we are.

Unregistered
    True that. We are the priority in this job. We owe it to our loved ones to make sure we make it home in one peace. I truly respect the supervisors that go out on calls with us when I need a 94. As long they aren't micro managing me all is good.
    The only reason I’m still working here is because of my supervisors. Once they are moved and replaced with a bad one, Im done.

Unregistered
    Great post!

Not to mention these calls, these “emergencies”, are a result of idiot people’s bad decisions and how they have chosen to live their screwed up lives. We respond and expected to resolve, in less than one hour, situations that people have brought themselves to over decades. Multiple decade old problems solved in a police call? “My 40 year old drug addict mentally ill son is freaking out and breaking stuff!!” A 4 decade old medical and psychological problem. Nothing a law enforcement officer can do absolutely anything about. Talk about the cheap and easy way out. Calls not worth my life or safety. Their drama is sure not worth me getting in trouble. Maybe these people should sort themselves out. Natural selection. We In the way of natural selection. For what? To be vilified? If anything we take the brunt of the chance for a use of force, danger, stressful trauma intake, and BLAME.

A moron nosey caller calls us to report that some idiot drunk or someone on drugs is stumbling around near traffic. We rush there and risk a fight and use of force. Then we take them into custody. A marchman act, WHICH IS A MEDICAL function. We risk taking someone into custody. We get fed the BULLSHIIT that if we don’t do something and they stumble into traffic, it will be our liability? Why did we assume this liability? This should be on EMS. Better yet, the idiot drunks OEM fault! Not us. We can go to back up EMS, but no deputy should have medical or mental health custody power. The kicker is, then the hospital let’s them go 2 hours later with no liability on them.

When did our moron agency, county, and state leaders dump EVERYONES liability on us? Why do agency leaders allow it? Why don’t they care? Because, who cares? Remove and replace. As long as the upper ranks and govt officials are buffered, let us common cops take the hits.

When will we be made a priority?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast