FDLE kicks PBA out and welcomes FOP in - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Seems like department after department is Quitting the PBA. The PBA just isn’t as goo as it once was. It’s not even good once as it ever was.
    I know we switched to teamsters which was t a smart move but the FOP is the largest and most powerful law enforcement union in America. Much more powerful than the PBA.
    We should consider the move. I know they got us a raise after taking
    Is over but I believe that was to wet our beaks and we won’t see any increases for a long
    Time to come.
    Think about it.
    No surprise at all. PBA is a waste of money. And FOP is way more respected.

Unregistered
    Union dues are a waste of money in Florida. Better off saving and investing that money to supplement your pension so you don't have to work in this sh!thole for the rest of your life.

Unregistered
    Seems like department after department is Quitting the PBA. The PBA just isn’t as goo as it once was. It’s not even good once as it ever was.
    I know we switched to teamsters which was t a smart move but the FOP is the largest and most powerful law enforcement union in America. Much more powerful than the PBA.
    We should consider the move. I know they got us a raise after taking
    Is over but I believe that was to wet our beaks and we won’t see any increases for a long
    Time to come.
    Think about it.
    Again, no surprise at all. PBA is rotten.

Unregistered
    having had experience with both the PBA and FOP I find the PBA to care more about its social life and legislative activities than its members. CPO's have terrible working conditions, fleet of junk cars. zero office safety. They work all hours and weekends and receive no shift differential or overtime. Pay is far below other states. Maybe why the turnover rate is so great !!! Working for DOC as a CO or a CPD is like being treated as a second class citizen, the necessary evil, Pay sucks, bennies are ok ,working conditions suck. Management is never held accountable and will never be as long as the PBA exists. Maybe its time to boot the PBA and give the FOP a try !!!!Can it really be any worse ?????? It is also the time to split the CPO's and the corrections, separate negotiation units, apart they both can effectively negotiate what is better for each unit. FOP has a better grasp on reality than the PBA has,,,,,

Unregistered
    Again, Please Beg Again is a waste of money. I will join FOP if we change. For now, if trouble arises, I have an attorney.

Unregistered
    I have never paid a dollar in union dues and never will because they are a total waste of hard earned money. And the raises don't come easy and often around here.

Unregistered
    And when we all do get a raise, so do the non-members. So if you are paying $15 each pay day, that means you have wasted $390 in a year. Can you say SUCKER.

Unregistered
    And when we all do get a raise, so do the non-members. So if you are paying $15 each pay day, that means you have wasted $390 in a year. Can you say SUCKER.
    Exactly.

Meet the new union, same as the old union. Both are a big waste of money.

Unregistered
    If you want to get fu***d really hard send your hard earned money to a union.

Unregistered
    If you want to get fu***d really hard send your hard earned money to a union.
    Man I quit and I suggest everyone so the same. Save your hard earned money

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast