Pre-cert

Thread: Pre-cert

Unregistered

Pre-cert

Hi.
    I am interested in applying to FHP. Before you start with the negativity, i know that the pay is lower then other agencies.

How difficult would it be to stay close to home if i'm pre-cert?
    I'm looking into the following counties of interest; Pinellas, Pasco, Hillsborough, and Hernando.
    How is the Academy for Pre-Certs?
    Would i have to get exposed to OC and get re-tased?
    Is there OT and is it hard to get it?
    How difficult is it to get off duty details?
    Is time off difficult to get approved?

Thanks in advance....

Unregistered
    They will give you whatever county you want. They are short 3000 troopers. Ask them, they will probably buy you the house of your choice and furnish it for you. They'll put some new cars in the garage for you too. And a pool. Just tell them waht hours you want and the days off you need. They let you sleep til 10 at the academy. Once you graduate, you'll be a LT. Well, depends on where you place in the class. I can tell you're MENSA material. They may make you a king or something. I see you're cutting and pasting on every county board. You must be one of those digimical computer scientologists or something. We could use a new IT guy. Give the Col a holler, you too would hit it off. Maybe he would let you drill his wife and drink his white zinfandel right from the bottle. He's a cool dude. Good luck, scooter! We could use your talent !

Unregistered
    You have a good chance of getting assign to your choice county.

Unregistered
    When it comes to assignments, how does one get assigned to work in Troop K ?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    When it comes to assignments, how does one get assigned to work in Troop K ?
    Troop K is assigned to only the most elite of the elite. You get handpicked by the colonel himself. They get all the brand new cars, extra pay and special equipment. They are the navy seals of FHP. God bless those men and women dedicated to making left turns for their entire career.