E.a.p.

Thread: E.a.p.

A. Lages, 12-1 Bradenton

E.a.p.

A cautionary tale: I have never used the EAP. For 20+ years or so I have heard nothing but glowing reviews in regards to the program. However, a member of my immediate family now needs to avail themselves of the services provided. I had actually loaded the phone number into my phone previously. When I called today I was told that the provider has recently changed. When I called that provider I was told that they no longer provide services to family members, only the employees themselves. I told the person that was absurd. However, after speaking with a person in HR, I found this information to be accurate. Since the first of July of this year the service provider contracted through the EAP only provides counseling services to the employee alone. It the appears that the Department has contracted for lesser services. Obviously, I find this reduction of services very disappointing, especially in these "trying times".

TheyDontCare
    Soooooooo surprised. FDC has really been giving some low blows lately. I guess it’s about time to cash out on my retirement

Unregistered
    How about your family member pay through their insurance? Or, are you looking for another freebee?