Federal Prison or working County - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looks like a set up. Anyone smart enough to get info would contact HR. 3% is pretty much a guarantee except during the recession. People cry about anything. DL is trying to get average 5%. Honestly if you are unhappy you’ll be unhappy no matter where you go. And those within... I’m tired of your tears, man up and stand out and seek to strive and be better or just go away. The *****ing that is mostly done is by a bunch of rooks with no life experience and expect the world to give them everything on a silver platter. If you want to talk with HR talk to them. Speak with a deputy in person that isn’t t’d off because they aren’t getting their way. I personally wouldn’t work in our current jail but the past was far better!
    "Trying" for 5% great... Historically we have been lucky to get 3% some years no raises. The lack of step plan and having to hope and beg for 3% a year is not good. Inflation runs 2-3% a year so that raise is barely a cost of living increase.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey I am currently working at a federal prison but the drive and tolls are killing me. The money is really good but I am thinking working where I live will save me a lot of time and money, plus the retirement FRS is better than the feds. The tolls are currently costing me 320 a month plus the gas it takes to drive from Oviedo to Coleman. What is your experience working for the county? How is your training? And most importantly, what is the pay scale and how does it work? OT opportunities?
    Stay where you are. Why would you consider going from a bad situation to a worse situation? Seriously?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12