Code - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Code

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why would D1 warrant special treatment?
    No special treatment, D1 is just a condensed district for the most part. They are always a block away from their calls.

Unregistered
    I don't think I ever see you guys run code. Whats the parameters for you to be able to?
    I’m not even sure my car has a siren. We don’t pursue anyone and we definitely do not run code driving to calls. We also don’t arrest rioters committing illegal violent acts right in front of us. We’re here to look pretty.

Unregistered
    I’m not even sure my car has a siren. We don’t pursue anyone and we definitely do not run code driving to calls. We also don’t arrest rioters committing illegal violent acts right in front of us. We’re here to look pretty.
    Sooo...i am not a Chad supporter what so ever...but you are disrespecting us by making this comment. Regardless of what is going on with the clownster politics we are still hard working deputies who are commited in carrying out the oath with swore to. Yea we don't run code to calls as often as we would like...but surely it has to do with the dummies that get tunnel vision and get into accidents which at the end they can't help the person they were running code to. So Don't make this blanket statement. You obviously don't work here or you are one of the azzholes that think law enforcement is a Miami Vice show.

Unregistered
    Don’t listen to most of this garbage.

We are a little more strict than neighboring agencies running code, in practice. But you are usually clear to run code to anything where a life is in danger (forcible felonies, major accidents, medical calls were we can help). I work in D4 and it’s nothing like the first couple posters describe.

If you want to run code everywhere for everything, go to Clearwater PD, if you can tolerate Scientology. FHP is an option too if you don’t want to get paid well and don’t mind doing nothing but traffic calls.

Unregistered
    In D1 we were were talked to by brass multiple times about how running code was never worth it. It was discouraged at every level, however it would never be set as a rule in writing. Presumably because of blowback should the public learn that they want police to get there when they get there with no rush for pretty much anything/everything.

As always with HCSO, fear of getting sued or in trouble from the next up the chain trumps everything else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12