Deputy Neil Pizzo on Admin Leave for Jail Use if Force - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    This will make national news by mid week. Hoffman will hide and Knight will blame NP. All the captains will say they are appalled and can’t believe it etc etc. Neil might get charged with a crime because Knight , well he is not a strong man. He wears a skirt. The kid will be rich and LeBron will tweet about it. The question is has the sheriff posted it on his Facebook page under “Beat a Brother Monday” lol.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If a person is a free man on the street, then Constitutional rules are applied differently. For example, a free man has more Constitutional rights than an inmate who is in custodial control of the government. Constitutional applications are different for inmates and there are policy-specific rules that govern officer safety. The SSO jail desperately needs to unionize to ensure that SSO correctional officers are protected from the political applications of rules-by-management.
    Pizzo is a LEO? Are you implying that if Corrections Deputies were unionized, Pizzo would not be in trouble?

Unregistered
    This should be a lesson for all of you new deputies that think a body camera will save you. I have heard naïve deputies say "if you have nothing to hide than a camera will show you did nothing wrong." This is a good example of the subjective nature of cameras and Monday morning quarterbacks. In the video I saw at least one sergeant and one lieutenant that were present at the time of the incident. If they believed the use of force was excessive they could have/should have taken immediate action. They did not.

The current sheriff and the next one are in a political position and have proven that they will not have your back if that means going against the popular sentiment. Knight and Hoffman are NOT strong men. They are not cops and have not walked a mile in your shoes.

Protect each other and protect yourselves but do not believe for a second that they will side with you if it costs them anything politically. They have the title "sheriff" but are nothing more than politicians in a uniform. The best way to protect yourself is to thoroughly document everything you do no matter how trivial it may seem at the time. Accurate real time documentation is very hard for them to unwind later on if they decide to go after you. I know this from experience.
    Hopefully Pizzo explained everything in detail that he observed to justify his use of force. If not, that is on him. In the end, will this be a justifiable action? We will see, but given Knights comments I would say he has already made up his mind...
    I disagree! Cameras with sound could help NP if the kid made threats. Now, we have no sound and it looks like NP simply walked over and smacked a juvenile. NP brought this on himself. Experienced Corrections officers understand that you don’t get to walk over to someone and smack them when they are running their mouth. You ignore that kind of BS. NP didn’t and now it will cost him his career and retirement. TK and KH will use this case to avoid any BLM issues in Sarasota County. They will say “see, we get it, we will handle this appropriately. NP was guilty before before any investigation. Better question is how did the video get to the media? Did TK and KH release it, did the kid? My guess is TK and KH were proactive. BTW, what Sgt and Lt were there?

Unregistered
    Pizzo is a LEO? Are you implying that if Corrections Deputies were unionized, Pizzo would not be in trouble?
    Whether an employee is certified as corrections or is certified as law enforcement is moot. A corrections union is separate from a law enforcement union. The point is that it takes YEARS for a union to aggregate collective rights. It does not happen overnight.

Unregistered
    Whether an employee is certified as corrections or is certified as law enforcement is moot. A corrections union is separate from a law enforcement union. The point is that it takes YEARS for a union to aggregate collective rights. It does not happen overnight.
    I agree, just trying to clarify

Unregistered
    If you have no desire to get promoted and/or to transfer to a specialty position, then unionization is most definitely the wisest choice you can make. Rankless deputies desperately need union protection if they are going to work for 20 or 30 years in this highly politicized profession. Unionization is not a cure-all, but it's better than not having a union (in the long run).

Unregistered
    Showed this to my children for a unbiased opinion. My daughter said she thought the prisoner was going to “pounce” on the officer. My sons said they would have punched the prisoner. I’m sure a jury would see it the same way. Pizzo should hire an attorney who specializes in use of force.

Unregistered

Thumbs up Political Knightmare

Showed this to my children for a unbiased opinion. My daughter said she thought the prisoner was going to “pounce” on the officer. My sons said they would have punched the prisoner. I’m sure a jury would see it the same way. Pizzo should hire an attorney who specializes in use of force.
    Who in their right mind would:
    1. step towards a deputy and
    2. "bow up" and
    3. clench their fist

Nobody in their right mind would do that. Think about it. Nonetheless, the deputy is now experiencing a political knightmare.

Unregistered
    Gordy needs to review this.

Unregistered
    Gordy needs to review this.
    Gordy would think NP was an idiot for even walking over to a sitting still juvenile who was running off at the mouth. Grow up and ignore nonsense!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast