COVID-19 in Jail

Unregistered

COVID-19 in Jail

Hi... I was wondering how is it in the jail with this Covid-19. I. Planning on applying but I wanted to see how is truly is.
    Are Deputies getting sick?
    Is it pretty bad?

Thanks in advance.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi... I was wondering how is it in the jail with this Covid-19. I. Planning on applying but I wanted to see how is truly is.
    Are Deputies getting sick?
    Is it pretty bad?

Thanks in advance.
    Deputies are not getting sick. Its not bad at all, its basically the exact same as it was before but with several extra steps. We are required to wear facial coverings with every interaction with inmates and depending on the shift and facility you wont be required to wear a covering in the pods after 2300 until 0400 when we feed breakfast.

Orient has turned mainly into a massive intake pod with about 10 or 11 pods being Gen Pop and the rest being intake/medical surveilance.

Apply, we can always use the extra bodies. Currently the court and transport deputies are back at the jails working shifts, but once this all blows over they will go back to their previous posts.

Unregistered
    thanks for the response.

Unregistered
    Deputies are not getting sick. Its not bad at all, its basically the exact same as it was before but with several extra steps. We are required to wear facial coverings with every interaction with inmates and depending on the shift and facility you wont be required to wear a covering in the pods after 2300 until 0400 when we feed breakfast.

Orient has turned mainly into a massive intake pod with about 10 or 11 pods being Gen Pop and the rest being intake/medical surveilance.

Apply, we can always use the extra bodies. Currently the court and transport deputies are back at the jails working shifts, but once this all blows over they will go back to their previous posts.
    Thank you. I, too, am
    Planning on applying and appreciate the genuine response. One last question: what would the timeframe of hiring be? I have only 3 jobs over the last 10 years, and lived in the same neighborhood my entire life.

Unregistered
    Thank you. I, too, am
    Planning on applying and appreciate the genuine response. One last question: what would the timeframe of hiring be? I have only 3 jobs over the last 10 years, and lived in the same neighborhood my entire life.
    That all depends, I've seen people go through the entire process in 3 months and others have taken a full year. Don't worry about being in the same neighborhood for a long time and only having 3 jobs, that's nothing to be concerned about. The work history shows you don't just jump from job to job, and the neighborhood will make it easy to get references and allows them to get a better judgement on you based on asking your neighbors about you.

Unregistered
    That all depends, I've seen people go through the entire process in 3 months and others have taken a full year. Don't worry about being in the same neighborhood for a long time and only having 3 jobs, that's nothing to be concerned about. The work history shows you don't just jump from job to job, and the neighborhood will make it easy to get references and allows them to get a better judgement on you based on asking your neighbors about you.
    Thank you SO much for the serious reply. It helps me immensely. Stay safe and God bless.

Unregistered

Covid

Hope you deputy’s are doing well and Covid is under control!