Just a thought
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just a thought

Unregistered

Just a thought

Does anyone else think that the weekly DLIS meeting is a waste of time? It removes one whole day of productive work for detectives to follow up on cases. I have spoken to a couple of Captains who think that it is a huge waste of time. Two of them think that AC Baldclaw is one of the reason for this BS waste of time. I have spoken to several detectives and they would like to have the additional work day to follow up on their cases.

Unregistered
    It would be great to have the extra work day. It would cut down on the stress that the DLIS has to deal with. 411 does not get it or do they give two shits. They are two busy trying to be a big city department when in reality we are just a small to mid sized agency that has to deal with a shit load of bullshit.

Unregistered
    It’s an hour once a week. How do you loose an entire day. Most you lazy ****ers never leave your desk unless your going to lunch. Does that one minute walk to the roll call room really kill you.

Unregistered

Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s an hour once a week. How do you loose an entire day. Most you lazy ****ers never leave your desk unless your going to lunch. Does that one minute walk to the roll call room really kill you.
    You clearly are an officer and have no idea what goes into the waste of time to prepare for the meetings. The leadership will ask the dumbest of questions that you will be required to know. What do you need from a roll call. Do you need help logging onto street smart, are you too lazy to even log in, sometimes pushing buttons is hard trust me I know. Half the time detectives are fixing the mistakes in all the reports written instead of telling your supervisors what a F Up you are and how you missed the simplest of questions to ask. We have meetings about meetings and then meetings to talk about meetings. Everything you need to know is already put in street smart. How bout you come to one of the meetings so you can see for yourself what a waste of time it is.

Unregistered
    Are you kidding? He won't have time to come to the weekly waste of time because he is too busy writing a half ass report that will require a Detective going back out and investigating it all over again anyway. Or maybe spending more time talking his way out of a report than it would actually take to write it. He would never have time in his shift to stop and go to the meetimg

Unregistered
    Are you kidding? He won't have time to come to the weekly waste of time because he is too busy writing a half ass report that will require a Detective going back out and investigating it all over again anyway. Or maybe spending more time talking his way out of a report than it would actually take to write it. He would never have time in his shift to stop and go to the meetimg
    The last two posts are 100% truth. It’s obvious to every detective that has to sift through the crap reports who actually cares about their job and who doesn’t. You have no idea, and I’m sure you don’t care, how much you screw the detective that gets assigned your case when you just blow it off and could have asked or done some simple things on the front end. And please, do not try the “we go call to call BS” on me.

Let me let you in on a little secret, when you write those excuses in your reports on why you couldn’t follow up something simple because of “call volume” we ALWAYS pull up your CAD data for that shift and guess what? Every single time I’ve researched it, it’s been a lie. But rather than burn your ass for being a lazy liar, we go out and do the things YOU should have done in the preliminary. The excuses and laziness are increasing to the point where we will stop covering for you. The sad thing is that some of you are so bad, a detective can just read the text from a GO out loud and most can tell you right away who the lazy author is. Some of you are famous and don’t even know it.

So keep blowing everything off and passing the buck and see how long until it gets turned around on you. This job is dead and it’s a damn shame because it used to be great. Cops are already over the BS from the public. We damn sure should not have to get crapped on by each other, regardless of rank or assignment.

Unregistered
    I hate to knock the new officers but their preliminary investigation suck so bad that I have to start my follow up investigations from scratch. I do not blame the new officers, it is the FTO’s that are doing a shit job at training our rookies.

Unregistered
    And all the FTOs think they ahould get promoted. They should have to come do a 30 day stint in DLIS so they actually see the crap they are turning out from the program. Maybe if they had to redo all those investigations like we have to, then they would put in a little more effort. Like the last two hours of their shifts when they put themselves T90 in the district but you cant find a single FTO at the district. And when you are lucky to find the elusive leprechaun, it is a group of FTOs in one part of the parking lot or a group of POs hanging out for the last hour of the shift. And their supervision knows what they are doing

Unregistered
    Here is a thought. I say this as a cop of many years. Stop complaining on a public forum. The detectives posting here have very valid points. FTO's may have valid points as well. That being said, how about you make time for a face to face with the people you believe are not doing their jobs. I assume confrontation is a thing of the past because of the social media stupidity you have grown up on. If the face to face does not rectify the situation go to your supervisor and have them have a sit down with the FTO supervisors and solve the problem. If that fails to work ask the shift commander to get involved. It's called a chain of command for a reason. And remember when you come to the meeting to fix the problem have evidence to present in a calm logical manner. Use reports that are the poster children for laziness and or incompetence. This will help prove your points. I assure you people will be pissed and you will be labeled a crybaby. That is not your concern. Your concern is to get others to earn their pay not be their friend. Stay safe and stop airing dirty laundry on this public rag because your real enemy reads it constantly-The media.

Unregistered
    Here is a thought. I say this as a cop of many years. Stop complaining on a public forum. The detectives posting here have very valid points. FTO's may have valid points as well. That being said, how about you make time for a face to face with the people you believe are not doing their jobs. I assume confrontation is a thing of the past because of the social media stupidity you have grown up on. If the face to face does not rectify the situation go to your supervisor and have them have a sit down with the FTO supervisors and solve the problem. If that fails to work ask the shift commander to get involved. It's called a chain of command for a reason. And remember when you come to the meeting to fix the problem have evidence to present in a calm logical manner. Use reports that are the poster children for laziness and or incompetence. This will help prove your points. I assure you people will be pissed and you will be labeled a crybaby. That is not your concern. Your concern is to get others to earn their pay not be their friend. Stay safe and stop airing dirty laundry on this public rag because your real enemy reads it constantly-The media.
    We Don’t Care

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast