How many are you hiring? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    Need I remind you? A decade ago, it became common knowledge that the newer generations were seeking employment for a job out of college, not as a career. This was acknowledged way before Sheriff Chronister took office. I am not happy with all of his decisions (like the Janak investigation), I do not think it is fair to blame him for the generational outlook towards a law enforcement career. And if by the way, I believe that the single most important item for change to increase the motivation and support If the agency is a fair promotional process. That and adequate staffing would greatly increase the longevity of employment in current times.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't listen to this idiot. How do I know he's an idiot (and a he)? Because he has lumped the pizzed off good old boys in with minorities. Those two do not go EVER together!

The only people who are pizzy about others FINALLY getting a fair shake here are the pizzy good old boys, like the dummy above.

No workplace is perfect, but there are great things on the horizon. Come in and check things out!
    You are an idiot. Go away.

Unregistered
    No.

Experience is worthless here. And, unless you are a minority, already connected to the brass, or living an alternative lifestyle, you will spend your entire career on patrol at this agency.cSome employees are ok with that. Some are not. Just know that before you sign up. Our current Sheriff, and many of the brass, rely on the gold ol' boy system, race, sex, and sexual orientation to be the deciding factors of who gets promotions and/or desired transfers.

That being said, we need more patrol deputies. Because when many of our patrol deputies realize the above is true, they resign. Many of them. So we need more deputies who are content with a career in patrol.
    Well said my friend.

Unregistered
    Well said my friend.
    ....said yet another racist good ol' boy who's pizzed off they will actually have to better themselves, and work, to get ahead.... just like working anywhere else.

Welcome to the 21st Century!

Unregistered
    I am relocating to Tampa and was wondering how many deputies you are currently hiring?

Thanks and be safe!
    Your nuts to do LEO these days. But if you’re gonna do it don’t come here this place is a train wreck if I wasn’t nearing the end of my career I would jump ship to TPD. They top out at 99k for a patrol officer starting at 60k plus they will pay for experience. This place sucks but we did just get a 58 cent raise TPD got $3500.

Unregistered
    How long is it taking for experienced guys to get through the process?

Unregistered
    How long is it taking for experienced guys to get through the process?
    3-9 months, depending on who's working backgrounds and how lengthy your background is.

Unregistered
    Who has 6 on a squad??? That’s a lot of people these days.
    Well, we have Jabba the Hut on our squad, so we count him as 3. That fukcer has to buy 3 plane tickets to board a plane.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12